Singapore Expats

upcoming SIA recruitment: 15 July 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
ang3lic

Post by ang3lic » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 2:16 pm

wawaa wrote:
ang3lic wrote: A word of advice to those "plump-sized" ppl...Better to lose lots of weight b4 trying out for SQ..Dont waste ur time trying out and half-way got rejected ..Esp when u got a HR person who just
find all sorts of excuses to eliminate you....(though u tried to be pleasant at all times).

i'm not trying to discouraged those plump ppl to try..but this was just based on my experience.SIA do not accept PLUMP girls...They are more into thin ppl, even if they do not have the curves wearing Kebaya...
Hi ang3lic,

I haf to not agree wit you on "They are more into thin ppl, even if they do not have the curves wearing Kebaya..."

Its always good to be not too thin or overweight coz frm my experience those who r too thin were booted out. You gotta be proportionate and look acceptable in those kebaya. During the first round when they select u, they're not based on physical aspect, they will only start kickin out on physical flaws as u go further in. SOme even made it tru durin the kebaya round but in the end the management ppl will decide ur fate. Thus its alright to be plump or thin but not too plump nor thin.
Hi wawaa.. i think u got me wrong. I wasn't the one who commented on the plump size thing. :o
Dylla wrote:
JadeiteJade wrote:
ang3lic wrote:I've seen a Malay girl being rejected during the Water Confidence Test because apparently, the HR personnel told her she needed to lose some weight. And she was on the plump side.. Yet I am not slim either, with meat and all, so just nice for your height would do?

I've heard of Malays working in SIA. As long as your family approve, and you don't care about the stereotyping of being muslim, I'm sure it's ok. Of cause, you have to be prepared for staunch Muslims to question your decision.

And swimming.. they'll give you a safely life vest when you go for the water confidence test. So long as you don't panic in the pool, I think u'll do fine. :wink:

just a thought...the malay girl should have pass the kebaya round b4 going to the WCT right?if she looks good in the kebaya...seriously i don think she should be rejected...but then again...SIA can do whatever they want.Basically,if they dont like you...they can always find all sorts of excuses...haiz :?
A word of advice to those "plump-sized" ppl...Better to lose lots of weight b4 trying out for SQ..Dont waste ur time trying out and half-way got rejected ..Esp when u got a HR person who just
find all sorts of excuses to eliminate you....(though u tried to be pleasant at all times).

i'm not trying to discouraged those plump ppl to try..but this was just based on my experience.SIA do not accept PLUMP girls...They are more into thin ppl, even if they do not have the curves wearing Kebaya...

I myself am not thin.. i'm more to the chubby side. I also do agree that looking proportionate is more of what SIA is looking for. :wink:

jeanette_tohjh
Regular
Regular

Post by jeanette_tohjh » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 7:42 pm

hi peeps! have been following this forum since jan this year!
have tried SIA serveral times but... well obviously... i did'nt make it :(

i did'nt went for the walk-in last month... but i am going to try again for this 15 july walk-in... and hopefully... ladyluck is with me that day!
that will be my 5th attempt ler... oh gosh... :roll:

just cannot figure out wat they want exactly... like many said... its all about luck which i totally agree!!!
if the interviewers like u! bingo! u'll make it thru... if not... bye bye!
lst impression counts really damm alots...

Good luck to everyone who will be trying out this 15th July!
Hope we will be able soar just one fine day... i need my ladyluck!

Venezia

Post by Venezia » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 9:29 pm

wawaa, i think u hav mistaken ang3lic. Those words r from dylla, she's still upset wif the malay lady for booting her cos of being a bit 'meaty'.
-peace ya-

wawaa wrote:
ang3lic wrote: A word of advice to those "plump-sized" ppl...Better to lose lots of weight b4 trying out for SQ..Dont waste ur time trying out and half-way got rejected ..Esp when u got a HR person who just

Hi ang3lic,

I haf to not agree wit you on "They are more into thin ppl, even if they do not have the curves wearing Kebaya..."

Its always good to be not too thin or overweight coz frm my experience those who r too thin were booted out. You gotta be proportionate and look acceptable in those kebaya. During the first round when they select u, they're not based on physical aspect, they will only start kickin out on physical flaws as u go further in. SOme even made it tru durin the kebaya round but in the end the management ppl will decide ur fate. Thus its alright to be plump or thin but not too plump nor thin.

Dylla
Regular
Regular

Post by Dylla » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 8:46 am

[quote="Venezia"]wawaa, i think u hav mistaken ang3lic. Those words r from dylla, she's still upset wif the malay lady for booting her cos of being a bit 'meaty'.
-peace ya-

I'm just being realistic and tried to share my experience with those who want to try out for SQ(im referring to those who falls under the "plump" category)... I just do not want them to encounter the same situation as mine..What im trying to say, to be on the safe side, its better for one to lose weight and try SQ...

Aniwae, Thanks for the "constructive criticism" Venezia.. I know where i stand i will not try SIA....

*peace ya*

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 9:10 am

Hi Dylla,

I am on the plump side. There is someone who got through with me who is on the plump side too. I believe sometimes they just tell you all sorts of reasons. Sometimes it is just a matter of headcount. Don't be disheartened. It is all about proportion. You can be skinny like a stick, but without proportion the skin hugging kebaya would just look oh-so-wrong.

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 10:07 am

DeeeNah wrote:Hi Dylla,

I am on the plump side. There is someone who got through with me who is on the plump side too. I believe sometimes they just tell you all sorts of reasons. Sometimes it is just a matter of headcount. Don't be disheartened. It is all about proportion. You can be skinny like a stick, but without proportion the skin hugging kebaya would just look oh-so-wrong.
Yeah i agree that too...
I have had friends who got kick out during the kerbaya testing round... as they were too skinny, the uniform didn't look good on them so chop chop chop...

I think even though if you're a bit fleshly should be fine ba.. as long as you can fit into the kerbaya and you bring out the look, that will do..
Soaring above all

Dylla
Regular
Regular

Post by Dylla » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:22 am

DeeeNah wrote:Hi Dylla,

Thank u so much for the words of encouragement DeeeNah..really appreciate it...

butterfliesweet

Post by butterfliesweet » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:05 pm

hello all,

some of u who got thru said u are "plump" n "chubby".. care to share with us ur height n weight? cos everyone's defn of plump n chubby may be different, due to individual's expectations of self..

for example, i'm 1.60m and 47kg. yet i find myself to be a little chubby due to peer pressure cos my girlfriends are either way taller or lighter than me..hence i'm still not satisfied with my current weight..

but then again, i suppose its tough to be fully satisfied with oneself. haha

VeniE
Chatter
Chatter

Post by VeniE » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:44 pm

jeanette_tohjh wrote:hi peeps! have been following this forum since jan this year!
have tried SIA serveral times but... well obviously... i did'nt make it :(

i did'nt went for the walk-in last month... but i am going to try again for this 15 july walk-in... and hopefully... ladyluck is with me that day!
that will be my 5th attempt ler... oh gosh... :roll:

just cannot figure out wat they want exactly... like many said... its all about luck which i totally agree!!!
if the interviewers like u! bingo! u'll make it thru... if not... bye bye!
lst impression counts really damm alots...

Good luck to everyone who will be trying out this 15th July!
Hope we will be able soar just one fine day... i need my ladyluck!
We in same boat wor.. I've been trying since jan this year.. this will be my 5th time trying too... Good luck to you toO.. :D
Soaring above all

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 2:39 pm

butterfliesweet wrote:hello all,

some of u who got thru said u are "plump" n "chubby".. care to share with us ur height n weight? cos everyone's defn of plump n chubby may be different, due to individual's expectations of self..

for example, i'm 1.60m and 47kg. yet i find myself to be a little chubby due to peer pressure cos my girlfriends are either way taller or lighter than me..hence i'm still not satisfied with my current weight..

I am 158.5 and 49 KG. So more meaty than you, and I got in. Which means SIA does not look at your weight but your proportion :)

bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bLiSs-LiCioUs » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 3:53 pm

im like 1.62m... then 55kg lor.... also fleshy & meaty... :)

iamjia
Regular
Regular

Post by iamjia » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 4:19 pm

bLiSs-LiCioUs wrote:im like 1.62m... then 55kg lor.... also fleshy & meaty... :)
pokes***
well..........................................................^5
same same.lol.

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 4:32 pm

Chubby girls unite ;)

Venezia

Post by Venezia » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 4:51 pm

Dylla wrote:
Venezia wrote:wawaa, i think u hav mistaken ang3lic. Those words r from dylla, she's still upset wif the malay lady for booting her cos of being a bit 'meaty'.
-peace ya-

I'm just being realistic and tried to share my experience with those who want to try out for SQ(im referring to those who falls under the "plump" category)... I just do not want them to encounter the same situation as mine..What im trying to say, to be on the safe side, its better for one to lose weight and try SQ...

Aniwae, Thanks for the "constructive criticism" Venezia.. I know where i stand i will not try SIA....

*peace ya*
sorry i dun really mean that, i know u were so close yet the lady was not polite enuff to tell u nicely. Do work on it, hope that u will go for future SIA interviews :)

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 6:39 pm

ehh im 162 and 47kg, which is underweight. how chubby can u be? dun worry, a little meat looks nicer in the kebaya. otherwise might look like walking stick.

butterfliesweet wrote:hello all,