Singapore Expats

upcoming SIA recruitment: 15 July 2007

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Fri, 15 Jun 2007 2:58 pm

Do try for it okie? You may never know what will happen!

trevormyboy
Regular
Regular

Post by trevormyboy » Fri, 15 Jun 2007 8:22 pm

ahhhh how??
im going for wct for silk air do u guys think i still can go for sia interview??

meLyana

Post by meLyana » Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:06 pm

im am sooo nervous even though the interview will be in around 3 weeks time..

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Re: thank god

Post by ntyj » Sun, 17 Jun 2007 4:55 am

aldwink wrote:i failed my final interview and still remember the date very clearly..
ha ha ha..
10th may 2007.
they say must wait 6 months but i will try i dont care..
its a dream and i wanna chase it instead of sitting there...
heyy girl..
i checked with the office recently,
they will reject those who previously fail at the mgmt rd when u never wait for 6mths from the last date u tried
..even if there is a loop hole of wadsoever, and u eventually made ur way to mgmt again, they will still fail u there.
so yeah..
u better not try..
u might jus end up in the blacklist and u can never pursue ur dream..

pls listen to me..i don wanna ur dreams to be shattered...

chermainrae

Post by chermainrae » Sun, 17 Jun 2007 10:33 am

ntyj wrote:
aldwink wrote:i failed my final interview and still remember the date very clearly..
ha ha ha..
10th may 2007.
heyy girl..
they will reject those who previously fail at the mgmt rd when u never wait for 6mths from the last date u tried
..even if there is a loop hole of wadsoever, and u eventually made ur way to mgmt again, they will still fail u there.
so yeah..
u better not try..

did they provide e reason for doin so?
~~The SQ Dream~~

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 2:04 am

i heard tat cos it's the final already.. the management ppl dun wanna see those who fail at he management so soon.. cos they try to pass those who reached the management.. so if u really fail, there shuld be a very strong reason y they failed u... :(
~~I wanna fly too~~

erina.

Re: upcoming SIA recruitment: 15 July 2007

Post by erina. » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 5:27 pm

Hi all...

I'm interested to try my luck at this interview.

However, can anyone advise if they accept applicants who wear braces? I'm actually removing them in 4~6mths time... so i'm quite confused if this will be a good time to try...

Can a kind soul advise please? Thanks! :)

salvana wrote:HOLA!!!

Good news for you guys & gals!
Wish you all luck & all the best! :D

Local Flight Stewardesses/ Stewards
We will be conducting a recruitment exercise for Flight Stewardess/ Steward in Singapore. If you meet the following standards, we will be pleased to meet you at our walk-in interview.

Requirements
Singapore or Malaysian citizenship
Females who are at least 1.58m; males who are at least 1.65m in height
At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination; or a Diploma from a local Polytechnic.
(Those with at least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits, including English, and relevant working experience may also apply).
For Malaysian qualifications, a minimum grade of B4 in English at SPM level is required for the above.
Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.
Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak foreign languages or are experienced in customer service.

Training
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months of training. On successful completion of training you will commence flying duties.

Remuneration & Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, you can look forward to a total income of about S$3,500 a month, including fixed salary and variable incentive allowances. Plus an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times.

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you measure up to our requirements and are interested to apply, please download and complete this application form.

Please bring the following documents for registration between 9.30am and 1pm.
Completed application form
Passport-sized photograph
Original(s) and a photocopy each of:
a) your birth certificate
b) all educational certificates
c) identity card
Interviews will be conducted on 15 July 2007 at:

Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel
2nd Level – Ballroom 2
39 Scotts Road
Singapore 228230

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:03 pm

let me tell u my story. i went in oct 2006, with my braces. i failed my kebaya round because i told her i can only remove my braces in 6 mths time.

went back in april 2007, same thing, was asked abt braces in the kebaya round. this time i told her im removing in 1 mth's time. and this very nice young lady told me that the company policy is that they HAVE to see us without the braces. so she asked me to go have it removed before coming back again.

so yeap... no braces allowed, they'll let u thru round 1, but at kebaya, they'll question u about it. =(

RubyCrow

Post by RubyCrow » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 3:31 am

hiya, i'm just wondering, what is the average no. of people going for each interview?

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 4:11 am

chermainrae wrote:
ntyj wrote:
ha ha ha..
10th may 2007.
heyy girl..
so yeah..
u better not try..

did they provide e reason for doin so?
agreed with machi.
all they mentioned is they wouldnt wanna see the same person again..
and there is always a stronger reason why u fail mgmt rd..

so yup...jus tk the 6 mths to review and improve lo k?
=)

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 9:13 am

RubyCrow wrote:hiya, i'm just wondering, what is the average no. of people going for each interview?
When I tried, there was about 600+ people. And its only stewardess recruitment at that time.

huiwen83

lol...i wanna try so much since i 21 but...

Post by huiwen83 » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 2:48 pm

Can anyone tell me if they reali will screen through your body for scars or pigmentations? Cuz i ok with my face complexion but my biggest killer is my mosquitoes bites since young on calf...
i tried going to Bioskin to remove n kip applying whitening lotion but results was much different... i am reali afraid at the water stage where they do the skin check..(even i noe hw to swim but wat the use if i hv the weakness with me on my calf):( :cry:

Do they reali conduct till like beauty contest?? Whether hw they find the perfect woman they want??

Btw, i am going to gv a try on 15th july as i forgo the last one as i was not confident but i reali want to try so that i can give up if it was reali my weakness that kill me...

Oso is the water deep? :-|

DeeeNah
Chatter
Chatter

Post by DeeeNah » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 2:58 pm

Hi Huiwen83,

I am not so sure how strict they are. I have some blemishes caused by blisters and insect bites and they did not seem to mind that. So I guess it all depends on how obvious and whether it can be covered by the kebaya. Your calf is covered so I assume it should all be fine :)

Water is quite deep. Has to be as you are jumping from a height into it. Wouldn't want you to land on the concrete bottom of the pool yeah? But don't worry, you would be wearing a lifejacket :)

Eveningstar
Regular
Regular

Post by Eveningstar » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 3:10 pm

the water is bout 3 meters i tink, but that's to give allowance for u to dive into from the jump. =P got lifejacket, no worries gurl! and i tink sally hansen has those spray on for legs, maybe u can try getting a water-proof 1? just lighten it will do, i dun think they will be so particular about calves. kebaya gunna cover anyway. i must say it cant be as bad as me having a huge pimple on my left cheek during the walk-in, and another huge pimple on my right cheek during WCT. tsk tsk...

huiwen83

Post by huiwen83 » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 3:41 pm

Eveningstar wrote:the water is bout 3 meters i tink, but that's to give allowance for u to dive into from the jump. =P got lifejacket, no worries gurl! and i tink sally hansen has those spray on for legs, maybe u can try getting a water-proof 1? just lighten it will do, i dun think they will be so particular about calves. kebaya gunna cover anyway. i must say it cant be as bad as me having a huge pimple on my left cheek during the walk-in, and another huge pimple on my right cheek during WCT. tsk tsk...
Thanks so much for the info...but i have tried using the sally hansen spray but the colour to our asian gals skin is abit far too much..actualli can c that we are applying something. anyway hope i can go on 15th july with one last try...

Oso i was tinking if tis career can be long term , hw long can it be? cuz if one day i dun work, wat is my future?

Cuz on my hands, i have a diploma in Pastry n Baking. Currently resign after working 1.5 yrs. Cuz pay was low...n OT no pay...tats y i was tinking to join as air stewardess as the pay was gd n get paid to go overseas...lolx..

So frustrated abt being human..