Singapore Expats Forum

Your lifespan on earth,,,,,,

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

The Sun*

Your lifespan on earth,,,,,,

Postby The Sun* » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 2:38 am

I am 52 this year. I am targeting my age of expiry at 90. My father is still fit at the age of 83. I believe I inherit the longetivity genes from him.

So 52 divided by 90, then multiply by 100% will show that about 57% of my life has past.

How about you guys? Everyone should have different target age of expiry.

So, if you are in my shoes, how much of your life has gone?

:-|

tingal79
Regular
Regular

Postby tingal79 » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 1:33 pm

Oh manz, your math is good!

I think mine is around 98%.

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Loops » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 12:42 am

sh!t, by those calculations I died last year and nobody invited me to my own funeral :o

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 1:25 am

For many years now I've reminded myself every day that this day may be my last, so every day is a bonus and I'm somewhere around 10,000,000% of my expected lifespan already.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Your lifespan on earth,,,,,,

Postby ksl » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 4:00 am

The Sun* wrote:I am 52 this year. I am targeting my age of expiry at 90. My father is still fit at the age of 83. I believe I inherit the longetivity genes from him.

So 52 divided by 90, then multiply by 100% will show that about 57% of my life has past.

How about you guys? Everyone should have different target age of expiry.

So, if you are in my shoes, how much of your life has gone?

:-|

If i was you then, I would approach a good bookie and see what odds he will give you! 90 years old I might even give you good odds myself! :lol:

My mum was 87 and my dad was 84 when they took the same flight path, strangest thing was my mum was born on the 25th and died on the 25th, My dad divorced after about 20 years marriage although his new wife had the same name as my mum, and they lived at the same house number, when I told my dad mum had passed away, he decided to call it a day and took a flight a couple of weeks later!

Both my grandmums were over 90, one 95 and my grandad was also 97, when he got run over! Although my dads brother and one sister died very young, in their 40's :???: I am!

I take it one day at a time or even one hour at a time, one thing for sure, is that if i go, it will be doing something that i enjoy doing, like sex, running, racing, swimming, or anything with adventure, 90 years is not long enough for me, every time i look over my shoulder, I see a figure dressed as a monk with a scythe chasing after me! catch me if you can I say!

The other strange thing is that i believe i had a past life in Singapore, I have had weird dreams of Singapore for many years, although a graveyard, with 100's of white crosses appear in the dream, but i have never seen it yet!

Any ideas if there is an ex servicemans graveyard around Singapore maybe from the war time!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 8:46 am

ksl,

won't be white crosses, but there is one off Yio Chu Kang near Parry Road. It's the old Japanese Cemetary. You didn't happen to be speaking japanese in your dreams did you?

Don't forget Kranji war cemetery as well!

Kats_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kats_ » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 5:16 pm

krangi war cemetery was what iw as thinking....

also the one at bridge on river kaui...but that was several 1000...
tonton toto, ton thé t'a t-il ôté ta toux?