Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for travel mates to Europe next year.

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
lear.kelly

Looking for travel mates to Europe next year.

Postby lear.kelly » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 6:37 pm

hi, i'm a singel woman who looking for travel mates to go europe next year. it can be any country but i wish is spain (only one country at a time, unless i have enough money and leave, i have 21 day annual leave). i like to travel free-and-easy, not backpack.

not that i'm rich, i like shopping, buy quality goods. see nature, architect and art. i rather spend on post cards, shopping instead of good food, 5-stars hotel and night club. things like adventure and night club, is out of my way.

If possible, i'd like to travel with more than one people, male or felmale. gays are welcome too.

yeah, next year is still far away, but i think we should meet up and know each other is equally important.

my email is: lear.kelly@hotmail.com

pnxjamie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pnxjamie » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:17 am

Hello, which part of next year? I'm very interested in touring Europe (never been there). I'm not into adventure, backpacking either, but apart from shopping, I would love to try some good food there =p Am I still "qualified" to go on this trip?

cherubbie

Postby cherubbie » Wed, 13 Jun 2007 12:40 pm

Hola Lear Kelly,

Perhaps you might like to sign up onto http://www.insideespana.com

Just released by the NTO of Spain with all the inside information about Spain and tips what to do and see while in Spain. If not, you can always drop by our office in Liat Towers to take a look at the mountains of brochures we have to offer. (I am not kidding, we literally have mountains of brochures)

lear.kelly

Postby lear.kelly » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 7:54 am

hi pnxjamie,

as long as you don't mind walk alot and sometimes might get lost, you are 'qualified' :)

do you mind going to spain? what do you expectation about this trip? for example, must go? must eat? must buy?

and last thing, are you a big eater :P ?

lear.kelly

Postby lear.kelly » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 8:02 am

hi cherubble,

thanks for the info. is your company open on weekends? can you give me more details of your company?

i wonder if you just happened to see my post and just want to share some of the info. or you actually no intention to tour europe and you are working in a travel agency?

anyway, thanks for the post
:D

pnxjamie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pnxjamie » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:31 am

I just want to see the usual touristy things..haha... plus any extra is fine =) Just got to at least do some of the cliche stuff or people would go "you went to Spain and you didnt see (whatever)??! =p I heard Barcelona is really nice though

I love to eat! But trying to cut down =p Oh, and I like to take A lot of photos

cherubbie

Postby cherubbie » Fri, 15 Jun 2007 1:36 am

Hi lear,

We are not a company. We work for the Spanish Government - on the Tourism end, hence the Spanish Tourism Board. No agencies involved. We are just promoting the country itself. We have plenty of brochures and so we ar emore than happy to provide any information we can about Spain.

Our office is not opened on weekends unfortunately, only on weekdays from 9 to 5. You can come during lunch as we are in the office at all times. You can give us a call before you drop by if you prefer at 6737 3008 or drop an email at singapore@tourspain.es

If you want to receive personalized information, you can sign on to our enewsletter at http://www.insideespana.com

I would like to tour Europe if I can find the time. Have yet to explore the WHOLE of Spain, let alone Europe. ;)

Cheers!

lear.kelly

Postby lear.kelly » Fri, 15 Jun 2007 7:43 am

hi pnxjamie,

me too like to take pictures and hate to hear people say 'you been to but didn't get to see?'. that's why i prefer to tour only one country at time.

do you have msn? or can you email me? you can get my address in my first post. this weekends hope to catch up with you guys in msn and who knows we might have our first meeting soon.

i'm still waiting for others to reply whether they have msn and what is the convenience time to msn. will update you. see ya.

lear.kelly

Postby lear.kelly » Fri, 15 Jun 2007 7:53 am

hi cherubble,

thanks for the note.

i'd love to get more information not only from website, i love to see those printed materials. i ask my friend whether he can go down to collect for me.

so, does it mean if i need help like find a hotel stay, you can recommend amd even help us to arrange?

do you have msn?

perplexsheep

Postby perplexsheep » Fri, 15 Jun 2007 9:56 am

Hi hi, my bf and I are planning for a trip to Europe (Italy to ski & Barcelona) next year as well. I have made some initial checking of flights, places to go, hotels, etc.

Maybe we can plan some parts of the vacation together or even fly to Barcelona together? SQ have a direct flight to Barcelona and always have a "4 to go deal" ($1200 excluding tax). If there are 4 of us, we might be able to work something out?

We are looking to go on Feb 1/2 and returning on Feb 16, so that we can maximise the public holiday (Chinese New Year) in between.

Your thoughts?

cherubbie

Postby cherubbie » Fri, 15 Jun 2007 1:05 pm

hi Lear,

Unfortunately, we can't help with the arrangements of the hotel. That would be the job of an agency and we only do so for journalists. Sorry about that but we can recommend hotels. We have a whole list of them.

Our address is Liat Towers, we are on the 9th floor.

I have msn> littlecherub_inblack@hotmail.com

lear.kelly

Postby lear.kelly » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 7:44 pm

hi perplexsheep,

how great if i can go asap, i need to save up, so i don't think i can go at february javascript:emoticon(':(')

is SQ '4 to go deal' apply thru out the whole year?

i did some research too, wow! barceciona alone has so many places i want to cover. so far i have no idea how long i'm going to stay in spain, and how much do i have to save.

would you mind share with me how is your plan so far?

lear.kelly

Postby lear.kelly » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 8:14 pm

hi cherubbie,

thank you so much for the website, it's fantastic javascript:emoticon(':D')

to all the people who is interested in spain, highly recommended: http://www.insideespana.com

pnxjamie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby pnxjamie » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:05 pm

SQ "4 to go" is an on-going thing for all destinations =)

HunBunny80
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HunBunny80 » Sun, 17 Jun 2007 11:22 am

Hi All,
I will be going to London next year and every year for their winter sale.
I lived there for under a decade and just returned to Singapore 3 weeks ago.
I am trying to persuade some girls in this forum I met to go with me.
It doesn't have to be expensive as I am very familiar with the city. I know the good places to go and cheap places to eat (not fast-food).
The main aim for the trip is to satisfy my shopping (yes I know where to go to get best bargain!).
If anyone is interested for a meet up, please do PM me.

Regards,
Jacqueline