Singapore Expats Forum

Good Japanese food in Bangkok

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

pnxjamie
Chatter
Chatter

Good Japanese food in Bangkok

Postby pnxjamie » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 9:47 pm

Anyone knows of good Japanese restaurant (Not so expensive) in Bangkok? I heard Japanese food is really good, and cheaper there.

I'm going to Bangkok soon, so it'd be nice if someone can recommend some =)

Thanks

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:25 pm

Lots! Some recommendations from Wikitravel:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Bangkok/Sukhum ... estaurants
http://wikitravel.org/en/Bangkok/Silom#Mid-range

Any particular kind of food you're looking for, and just how much is "not too expensive"?
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

AmyMar

Bangkok - Jap food

Postby AmyMar » Wed, 13 Jun 2007 5:50 pm

There are several good Jap restaurants in most shopping malls eg Central World, MBK, Siam Paragon etc. Prices are about 80% of what you pay in Singapore but no compromise on the quality. Great Stuff!

jpatokal

Re: Bangkok - Jap food

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 13 Jun 2007 7:18 pm

AmyMar wrote:There are several good Jap restaurants in most shopping malls eg Central World, MBK, Siam Paragon etc. Prices are about 80% of what you pay in Singapore but no compromise on the quality. Great Stuff!

Shopping mall Japanese is not very good in Bangkok (and it's not very good in Sing either). Don't get me wrong, I like to grab a quick lunch in Zen/Fuji now and then because it's cheap, decent and doesn't contain butt-blistering amounts of chilli, but the food you get is quite localized. The only exception is the top floor of Isetan (in Central World), which has a cluster of by-Japanese for-Japanese restaurants -- but they're on the pricy side.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague