Singapore Expats Forum

Are there any Irish over here?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Paddy

Are there any Irish over here?

Postby Paddy » Tue, 31 Aug 2004 4:33 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if there are many irish in Singapore?

PhantomX

Heaps

Postby PhantomX » Tue, 31 Aug 2004 4:59 pm

Heaps :lol:

PhantomX

Celtic Footie

Postby PhantomX » Tue, 31 Aug 2004 5:02 pm

There's Celtic Footie at the SMU (Singapore Management University) field at Bukit Timah Campus on Sundays at 5ish in the arvo. Grown Men chasing around a round ball ala soccer style but throwing and kicking it somewhat like Aussie rules :lol:

Angel

Postby Angel » Wed, 01 Sep 2004 6:39 pm

My boss is an Irish lad.. out of town now but will tell him.. me thinks the man really needs some yang energy... will be good for him to hang out with some guys...
How do i keep track of yr get togethers, anyone to contact?

Lil' Miss Lolla_lee_loo

The emerald isle??

Postby Lil' Miss Lolla_lee_loo » Thu, 02 Sep 2004 9:37 pm

Hey guys, me no Irish wan (a cork slang for an Irish girl) but recently been to Ireland (in June) and met up with some Irish frens... Ireland, truly is a mystical land... have travelled around a fair bit in Europe, never seen anything as beautiful as the land of the emerald isle... shall describe my trip as, a long beautiful dream, as mystical as the land... like the Tirnannog story... any Irish here who heard of it?? The people are amazing... for a cold country, the people truly warmed up the weather :D Dublin, Wicklow, Kilkenny, Kinsale, Cork, Blarney... Bunratty... Tralee... awwww, Galway, what a city!! County Kerry... simply awesome... :D And watching Riverdance (10th anniversary) in Dublin at the Gaiety Theater!! I tell ya guys, the pubs there r simply awesome! Nothing like here infested with SPGs waiting to pounce on white guys... the pubs there, r so friendly and warm and family oriented... miss Ireland :(

Perhaps, one day, I'll get to taste the Irish hospitality again...
Know the self to be sitting in the chariot, the body to be the chariot, the intellect the charioteer, and the mind the reins...

~ Veda Upanishads~

net

Postby net » Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:54 pm

Love the Guinness, different from what you get over here. And I discovered Damien Dempsey, his songs are really cool, great lyrics.