Singapore Expats Forum

Who are moderators

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

stougard
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 18 Jan 2007

Who are moderators

Postby stougard » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:41 pm

Hi,

I try to make a serious annoucment on forums here and all my posts are just and simply deleted. That's not ads, I'm not bad guy and I just don't get any message from moderators to tell me what's wrong.

I don't know what to think about it, at least some people are really not polite to just give a word of explaination before using their GOD's right of moderation.

Stephane

User avatar
muratkorman
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue, 24 Oct 2006
Location: Clementi

Postby muratkorman » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:46 pm

I guess your announcements wouldn't get deleted if you posted them in the right category. As far as I know, there are 3-4 moderators exist. Try classifieds section for your announcements.
With my kind regards

Murat Korman

stougard
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 18 Jan 2007

Postby stougard » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:49 pm

muratkorman wrote:I guess your announcements wouldn't get deleted if you posted them in the right category. As far as I know, there are 3-4 moderators exist. Try classifieds section for your announcements.


Hi,

I understand that, at least a little message from them to tell me where to write will be more helpfull (and polite).

My annoucement is quite simple, I'm searching models for photo sessions and willing to pay them depending on arrangement. I tried job annoucement as it seems to me that where people can make money can be assimilated to a job. Am I wrong ?

However, if you have any idea where I can put this :)

Thanks for your answer anyway.

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4291
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 3:51 pm

stougard wrote:My annoucement is quite simple, I'm searching models for photo sessions and willing to pay them depending on arrangement. I tried job annoucement as it seems to me that where people can make money can be assimilated to a job. Am I wrong ?

However, if you have any idea where I can put this :)

Thanks for your answer anyway.


Your 'annoucement' is an advertisement (which I have never seen) that is why it gets deleted. Advertisements belong in the classifieds section which is free.

http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/

stougard
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 18 Jan 2007

Postby stougard » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 4:09 pm

Plavt wrote:
stougard wrote:My annoucement is quite simple, I'm searching models for photo sessions and willing to pay them depending on arrangement. I tried job annoucement as it seems to me that where people can make money can be assimilated to a job. Am I wrong ?

However, if you have any idea where I can put this :)

Thanks for your answer anyway.


Your 'annoucement' is an advertisement (which I have never seen) that is why it gets deleted. Advertisements belong in the classifieds section which is free.

http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/


Where did you see this is an ads ? I have nothing to sell, I'm searching to meet people to make photograph, I may even pay them if we can make great work, but I maybe just share an interesting thing to do, a common project, make new friends. I'm not even professional, my work is about IT and I make no money making photograph, I'm ready to pay because some people prefer to be paid and I've no problem if they make great.

That's obviously a misunderstanding, please let me try to meet people here. I'm sure some people maybe interested.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34785
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 4:30 pm

http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/ ... php/cat/86

Try posting at the above link. What you are announcing is a position available. Your are looking for photo models and are willing to pay someone for their services. That is usually called work and therefore "Positions Available". Whether you want to call it an announcement or advertisement you are offering money for services rendered. Where is the difficulty in understanding that?

As far as whether or not you presume them to be polite, did you do the polite thing and pose the question to the admins prior to posting your advertisement? After all, you did have to type it under an orange sign indicating that advertisements will be deleted. Had you asked prior you would have been told to use the classified section and none of this would have happened.

moderator

stougard
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu, 18 Jan 2007

Postby stougard » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 4:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:http://classifieds.singaporeexpats.com/showcat.php/cat/86

Try posting at the above link. What you are announcing is a position available. Your are looking for photo models and are willing to pay someone for their services. That is usually called work and therefore "Positions Available". Whether you want to call it an announcement or advertisement you are offering money for services rendered. Where is the difficulty in understanding that?

As far as whether or not you presume them to be polite, did you do the polite thing and pose the question to the admins prior to posting your advertisement? After all, you did have to type it under an orange sign indicating that advertisements will be deleted. Had you asked prior you would have been told to use the classified section and none of this would have happened.

moderator



hi,

Ok thanks for your answer, mostly we have definitly different logic. I give up to search on this web site, that's just stupid that you consider my post as an ads, anyway, that's your point of view and you're GOD here.

Good bye and best to you anyway.

Stephane


Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest