Singapore Expats

SIA Bond

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Post by buzzzybeebee » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 5:13 pm

machi17 wrote:hmm... so when u sign the contract, someone muz go wif u on that day? what if there isn't someone to go with u? :???:
yah, tat was wat we r told. N tat was my same question too... :-|

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 5:36 pm

oh.. so someone has to go wif u no matter wat? a friend also? as long as he's above 21? wat if my mum is not working? housewife can? no money one... haha~
~~I wanna fly too~~

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 11:54 pm

hmmm....know of a friend who signed as guarantor for another. the documents were mailed to his address. dun tnk he needed to go down. can check w the hr staff bah.

btw, for the 5 years "service award", if we fly 2 years and say, change to another position within SIA (that does not fly) for another 3 yrs, can this be counted?

onee

Post by onee » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 12:45 am

i'm pretty amazed that theres so many people interested with e SIA 5 YEARS BOND.

but no matter what, really hope those who wanna join SIA, is not eyeing for e money, and yet, for e passion to serve. thats e main objective! =))

really no offence, jus my opinion. anyway...
good luck for those trying! nvr give up! =)

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Post by buzzzybeebee » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:10 am

joyfulpapaya wrote:hmmm....know of a friend who signed as guarantor for another. the documents were mailed to his address. dun tnk he needed to go down. can check w the hr staff bah.

btw, for the 5 years "service award", if we fly 2 years and say, change to another position within SIA (that does not fly) for another 3 yrs, can this be counted?
Huh… no leh… the email sent to me specifically states tat on the day I sign the bond in STC, I have to bring my surety along, with him/her producing the original & copy of his/her NRIC & passport. Hmm… actually bringing my surety along is not really a big prob lah, just tat I dun understand why they need to implement such a procedure lor. If it’s applicable to those under 21 years of age, still can understand, but…. Hmm… anyway… :roll:

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:13 am

buzzzybeebee wrote:
joyfulpapaya wrote:hmmm....know of a friend who signed as guarantor for another. the documents were mailed to his address. dun tnk he needed to go down. can check w the hr staff bah.

Huh… no leh… the email sent to me specifically states tat on the day I sign the bond in STC, I have to bring my surety along, with him/her producing the original & copy of his/her NRIC & passport. Hmm… actually bringing my surety along is not really a big prob lah, just tat I dun understand why they need to implement such a procedure lor. If it’s applicable to those under 21 years of age, still can understand, but…. Hmm… anyway… :roll:
ahh...ok ok...

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:15 am

onee wrote:i'm pretty amazed that theres so many people interested with e SIA 5 YEARS BOND.

but no matter what, really hope those who wanna join SIA, is not eyeing for e money, and yet, for e passion to serve. thats e main objective! =))

really no offence, jus my opinion. anyway...
good luck for those trying! nvr give up! =)
i personally am joining for the love of customer service and travel. just wanted to find out more details. cheers!

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Post by singaporegrrl » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 2:41 pm

buzzzybeebee wrote:Huh… no leh… the email sent to me specifically states tat on the day I sign the bond in STC, I have to bring my surety along, with him/her producing the original & copy of his/her NRIC & passport. Hmm… actually bringing my surety along is not really a big prob lah, just tat I dun understand why they need to implement such a procedure lor. If it’s applicable to those under 21 years of age, still can understand, but…. Hmm… anyway… :roll:
If within 2 years of bond with SIA you decided to quit, you will have to pay for breaking the bond. If you are unable to pay the bond, then that's where the guarantor comes in. He/She will have to face paying the bond as well.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Post by buzzzybeebee » Mon, 11 Jun 2007 11:18 am

singaporegrrl wrote:
buzzzybeebee wrote:Huh… no leh… the email sent to me specifically states tat on the day I sign the bond in STC, I have to bring my surety along, with him/her producing the original & copy of his/her NRIC & passport. Hmm… actually bringing my surety along is not really a big prob lah, just tat I dun understand why they need to implement such a procedure lor. If it’s applicable to those under 21 years of age, still can understand, but…. Hmm… anyway… :roll:
If within 2 years of bond with SIA you decided to quit, you will have to pay for breaking the bond. If you are unable to pay the bond, then that's where the guarantor comes in. He/She will have to face paying the bond as well.
Wah… the amount we gotta pay, isit pro-rated or isit a fixed whole lump sum?

ntyj
Regular
Regular

Post by ntyj » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 4:20 am

buzzzybeebee wrote:
singaporegrrl wrote:
Wah… the amount we gotta pay, isit pro-rated or isit a fixed whole lump sum?
pro rated...
anyway agreed with wad singaporegurl mentioned, guarantor is VERY IMPT> they PAY on ur behalf if u cant pay! =p
this rule applies to general govt sectors whenever there is a bond concern!

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by catchmeifucan » Thu, 21 Jun 2007 1:40 am

I heard from my gf that one of her friend was flying with SIA for only 4 months and she couldn't take the shit, the job scope and the stress on board the plane. I guess sometimes passengers can be really demanding and sometimes you meet some senior collegues who enjoy bullying the newbies. :-|

Personally I was quite surprised since it was only 4 months and I thought how bad can the job be..? she calls herself a work whore. :shock:

So she broke the 5 years bond and her dad pays for it, lucky for her, coz her dad has the money. :roll:

But I cannot deny what I heard is not pleasant at all compared to what I posted here, as I do take note, it will not be considerate for those who are signing the bond to read up on some negative posts here, and let this affect their dreams. I am sure there are many other happy experience working as a FS. :D

I did really question myself after hearing it. Is this the flying dream I really wanted? :-| I thought I should focus on getting rich instead by being a high Flyer in some other profession, instead of Flying high serving, so that I can fly first class and be served while travelling around the world once I get rich. :lol: :lol: :lol:
-~-~Growing my wings! Grow faster! I wanna Fly High & be a High Flyer hehe~-~-

theknees
Chatter
Chatter

Post by theknees » Wed, 11 Jul 2007 3:38 pm

its a 2 years bond, not a 5 years bond like some of you have mentioned.

you're not allowed to resign within these 2 years, or else you have to pay the bond penalty. if you can't pay, your guarantor will pay, that's why you need a surety to sign with you. this is very important as there are cases of people leaving before 2 years. and at like 21yrs old, would you have $10k over to pay the bond penalty? that's why they need to protect themselves by making sure that there's a guarantor.

the 5 years is your contract, and if you complete that 5 years, that's when you get the lump sum of money as gratuity.

you can resign anytime after 2 years, but if you don't make the 5 year mark, then you don't get that lump sum.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

M
Reporter
Reporter

Post by M » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 2:35 am

joyfulpapaya wrote:oh dear, allowances no CPF? =( ... we lugee u know...
CPF covers your Inflight Allowances too. 8-)

wawaa
Regular
Regular

Post by wawaa » Thu, 12 Jul 2007 9:43 am

M wrote:
joyfulpapaya wrote:oh dear, allowances no CPF? =( ... we lugee u know...
CPF covers your Inflight Allowances too. 8-)

U mean our allowances r also CPF deductable?

stussygoes

Post by stussygoes » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:01 pm

theknees wrote:its a 2 years bond, not a 5 years bond like some of you have mentioned.

you're not allowed to resign within these 2 years, or else you have to pay the bond penalty. if you can't pay, your guarantor will pay, that's why you need a surety to sign with you. this is very important as there are cases of people leaving before 2 years. and at like 21yrs old, would you have $10k over to pay the bond penalty? that's why they need to protect themselves by making sure that there's a guarantor.

the 5 years is your contract, and if you complete that 5 years, that's when you get the lump sum of money as gratuity.

you can resign anytime after 2 years, but if you don't make the 5 year mark, then you don't get that lump sum.
So after 22 months you get nothing.
But after 5 years , you get how much? 15k or 20k???
Pardon my ignorance... :P