Singapore Expats

SIA Bond

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Piglet_23

Post by Piglet_23 » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:10 pm

machi17 wrote:hmm... so when u sign the contract, someone muz go wif u on that day? what if there isn't someone to go with u? :???:
someone has to go down with you to sign the bond on that day.. that person can be from your immediate family or you may ask a friend along but one thing to note is that this person must be a Singaporean and must be holding a responsible job.. HTHs 8-)
.*.Dare to Dream.*.

MirageBomb

Bond period

Post by MirageBomb » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 12:07 am

I attended and passed a final interview earlier this Weds (26th Dec). Another successful candidate and I asked the interview coordinator (this Malay lady with a fashionable headscarf) about the contract/bond.. she said that the terms had changed since the batch before us, that the bond was no longer 2 years but the full 5 years (she clarified that she was referring to the bond and not the actual length of the contract).

I'm still waiting for my medical to clear, but this new bit of detail doesn't sit too well with me. As a woman in the prime of her life (mid 20s), I see opportunity in a 2 year bond but opportunity cost in a 5 year one..

Can any kind souls verify this piece of info? Thanks a mil.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid." - Einstein

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 4:08 pm

stussygoes wrote:
theknees wrote:its a 2 years bond, not a 5 years bond like some of you have mentioned.

you're not allowed to resign within these 2 years, or else you have to pay the bond penalty. if you can't pay, your guarantor will pay, that's why you need a surety to sign with you. this is very important as there are cases of people leaving before 2 years. and at like 21yrs old, would you have $10k over to pay the bond penalty? that's why they need to protect themselves by making sure that there's a guarantor.

the 5 years is your contract, and if you complete that 5 years, that's when you get the lump sum of money as gratuity.

you can resign anytime after 2 years, but if you don't make the 5 year mark, then you don't get that lump sum.

So after 22 months you get nothing.
But after 5 years , you get how much? 15k or 20k???
Pardon my ignorance... :P
15K before tax

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 4:13 pm

wawaa wrote:
M wrote:
joyfulpapaya wrote:oh dear, allowances no CPF? =( ... we lugee u know...
CPF covers your Inflight Allowances too. 8-)

U mean our allowances r also CPF deductable?

Oversea allowance = No Tax, No CPF

All others allowance = Taxable and with CPF

Abercrombie
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Abercrombie » Sat, 29 Dec 2007 4:20 pm

machi17 wrote:hmm... so when u sign the contract, someone muz go wif u on that day? what if there isn't someone to go with u? :???:
If no one goes with you then you cannot sign the contract and cannot jointhe company lor....simple :wink:

stussygoes

Post by stussygoes » Sun, 30 Dec 2007 5:20 am

Abercrombie wrote:
stussygoes wrote:
theknees wrote:its a 2 years bond, not a 5 years bond like some of you have mentioned.

you're not allowed to resign within these 2 years, or else you have to pay the bond penalty. if you can't pay, your guarantor will pay, that's why you need a surety to sign with you. this is very important as there are cases of people leaving before 2 years. and at like 21yrs old, would you have $10k over to pay the bond penalty? that's why they need to protect themselves by making sure that there's a guarantor.

the 5 years is your contract, and if you complete that 5 years, that's when you get the lump sum of money as gratuity.

you can resign anytime after 2 years, but if you don't make the 5 year mark, then you don't get that lump sum.

So after 22 months you get nothing.
But after 5 years , you get how much? 15k or 20k???
Pardon my ignorance... :P
15K before tax
Thanks! :D

Katz03

Re: SIA Bond

Post by Katz03 » Mon, 22 Jul 2019 6:22 pm

Bond is 1.5yrs actually

hui.heng

Post by hui.heng » Fri, 08 Nov 2019 7:01 pm

Hi, as of now year 2019 November. May I know how long is the bond serving duration? Has it change to longer or shorter period? BTW, bond and contract is 2 different things right?

hui.heng

Post by hui.heng » Fri, 08 Nov 2019 7:02 pm

Katz03 wrote:
Mon, 22 Jul 2019 6:22 pm
Bond is 1.5yrs actually
Now has become 1.5 years instead of 5 years?