Singapore Expats

SIA Bond

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 5:26 am

ryanstarr wrote:Hi, very well said. I left SQ years back and worked "outside" for a while. Worse...so now back in cabin crew, but with Tiger Airways. Met a nasty CS, now IFS, who threw coffee spoons all over my galley top. That was it for me. I took my cabin bag and walked off. Looking back, I really regret my actions. I am still learning about the job as a FA, even now as a Crew-In-Charge with TR. So "SIA Cabin Crew Gal", do listen to "biscotti girl". Hope you will hang on for years to come and collect your $40,000. There is really nothing to compare with flying for your National Carrier. I really regret quitting SQ...
biscotti_girl wrote:Before the interview, u were excited. During the interview, u were anxious. Once you are accepted, u were overhelmed! This is the common reaction from all people scheduling for training @ training centre. Sometime I wondered why some of us (in the cabin crew circle) like to lament so much about their job when they are actually having one of the most highly-regarded and well-paid occputation in SG.

All of us are trained PROFESSIONALLY and ADEQUATELY during the months whilst in training centre. We are clearly aware of the duties we are suppose to perform whenever we are assigned a certain work position. The reality is, When we do a mistake, we try all sort of ways to 'cover' it. We will not admit it immediately. This is the flaw that most of us have. If we could admit our mistakes instanteously, others will repect your honesty and your sense of responsibilities! I believe all of us were 'prempt' beforehand about the 'types of colleagues' we will be going to meet onboard. So why be so harsh on yourself when you already knew all these? Relax, take a deep breathe and work it off!

I would like to quote the lady who nick is 'SIA cabin crew gal'. No offend to this. I understand that you are pretty new to the airline since you mentioned about your '5th solo on this B777-300er a/c. All new crews are meant to learn more and work harder. Nothing is fair in this world. You slog now but you enjoy the fruits of your labor later! Why do you have to feel so uptight and frustrated when you can avoid all of those? I once operate a flight with this ranking crew and she was very harsh towards me too. I believe i must have done something incorrect but she refused to tell me. I was the most junior in the flight that day. At that point of time, I felt demoralised and full of anguish towards her. However, I told myself that once the a/c door opens (when we landed in singapore), I would not see this person again after the flight. I left my anguish and unhappiness behind. Eventually, this will lightens up your mood and you would not feel that 'unjustice' anymore! This is my advise to you.

Cabin crew life is so must easier than any 9-5 jobs and yet some of us are still not satisfied. Remember, for every cabin crew employed, there are a hundred (or even more now) hopefuls who were eliminated during the process of interview. I'm not trying to imply that this is a saint's job but its not bad either right? So be thankful and be mindful about what we say and do. Think about it, you get to enjoy the sight-seeings in exotic countries, catching a football match in london, skiing during winter, lunching @ Lyon_Paris, chilling out @ some Hongkong cafe, shop till you drop @ VS/Abercrombie/Forever21/Old Navy and u named it. However, before you get to enjoy all those, you need to put in your 101% attention and energy for your passengers during the X hours of flight. At the end of the day, you will be laughing at yourself for being rigid and silly! Cleaning up the lavatories more than your fellow colleagues is no big deal after all!

Despite many a times, I hear VE- remarks on the cabin crews, I am, nevertheless, still proud of myself and my company. Remember the pledge that you recite every morning....

Lastly, You can be slow but you can never be lazy. You can be chirpy but never be b*itchy!

p.s Survival tips to a better well-being

Good luck!
May i know the duration of service required for one to be entitled to the $40,000??? :D :D

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 4:18 pm

Hi,

Its a Five year service. After that, you will get a lot of money for
the servicing bond.
12345 wrote:
ryanstarr wrote:Hi, very well said. I left SQ years back and worked "outside" for a while. Worse...so now back in cabin crew, but with Tiger Airways. Met a nasty CS, now IFS, who threw coffee spoons all over my galley top. That was it for me. I took my cabin bag and walked off. Looking back, I really regret my actions. I am still learning about the job as a FA, even now as a Crew-In-Charge with TR. So "SIA Cabin Crew Gal", do listen to "biscotti girl". Hope you will hang on for years to come and collect your $40,000. There is really nothing to compare with flying for your National Carrier. I really regret quitting SQ...
biscotti_girl wrote:Before the interview, u were excited. During the interview, u were anxious. Once you are accepted, u were overhelmed! This is the common reaction from all people scheduling for training @ training centre. Sometime I wondered why some of us (in the cabin crew circle) like to lament so much about their job when they are actually having one of the most highly-regarded and well-paid occputation in SG.

All of us are trained PROFESSIONALLY and ADEQUATELY during the months whilst in training centre. We are clearly aware of the duties we are suppose to perform whenever we are assigned a certain work position. The reality is, When we do a mistake, we try all sort of ways to 'cover' it. We will not admit it immediately. This is the flaw that most of us have. If we could admit our mistakes instanteously, others will repect your honesty and your sense of responsibilities! I believe all of us were 'prempt' beforehand about the 'types of colleagues' we will be going to meet onboard. So why be so harsh on yourself when you already knew all these? Relax, take a deep breathe and work it off!

I would like to quote the lady who nick is 'SIA cabin crew gal'. No offend to this. I understand that you are pretty new to the airline since you mentioned about your '5th solo on this B777-300er a/c. All new crews are meant to learn more and work harder. Nothing is fair in this world. You slog now but you enjoy the fruits of your labor later! Why do you have to feel so uptight and frustrated when you can avoid all of those? I once operate a flight with this ranking crew and she was very harsh towards me too. I believe i must have done something incorrect but she refused to tell me. I was the most junior in the flight that day. At that point of time, I felt demoralised and full of anguish towards her. However, I told myself that once the a/c door opens (when we landed in singapore), I would not see this person again after the flight. I left my anguish and unhappiness behind. Eventually, this will lightens up your mood and you would not feel that 'unjustice' anymore! This is my advise to you.

Cabin crew life is so must easier than any 9-5 jobs and yet some of us are still not satisfied. Remember, for every cabin crew employed, there are a hundred (or even more now) hopefuls who were eliminated during the process of interview. I'm not trying to imply that this is a saint's job but its not bad either right? So be thankful and be mindful about what we say and do. Think about it, you get to enjoy the sight-seeings in exotic countries, catching a football match in london, skiing during winter, lunching @ Lyon_Paris, chilling out @ some Hongkong cafe, shop till you drop @ VS/Abercrombie/Forever21/Old Navy and u named it. However, before you get to enjoy all those, you need to put in your 101% attention and energy for your passengers during the X hours of flight. At the end of the day, you will be laughing at yourself for being rigid and silly! Cleaning up the lavatories more than your fellow colleagues is no big deal after all!

Despite many a times, I hear VE- remarks on the cabin crews, I am, nevertheless, still proud of myself and my company. Remember the pledge that you recite every morning....

Lastly, You can be slow but you can never be lazy. You can be chirpy but never be b*itchy!

p.s Survival tips to a better well-being

Good luck!
May i know the duration of service required for one to be entitled to the $40,000??? :D :D

Chatter
Chatter

Post by 12345 » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:09 am

chai ching wrote:Hi,

the servicing bond.
12345 wrote:
Icic...thanks for ur reply!

Actually i heard about it during a talk given by SIA...that is i heard it was $50k. Lol! Then somehow...sumbody said it's $15k. So i tot i could have heard the pronunciation wrongly then. But it seems now its $40k?? :o :???: :???:

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Post by chai ching » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 8:35 am

12345 wrote:
chai ching wrote:Hi,

the servicing bond.
You are most welcome.

12345 wrote: May i know the duration of service required for one to be entitled to the $40,000??? :D :D
Icic...thanks for ur reply!

Actually i heard about it during a talk given by SIA...that is i heard it was $50k. Lol! Then somehow...sumbody said it's $15k. So i tot i could have heard the pronunciation wrongly then. But it seems now its $40k?? :o :???: :???:

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Post by buzzzybeebee » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:42 pm

12345 wrote: Actually i heard about it during a talk given by SIA...that is i heard it was $50k. Lol! Then somehow...sumbody said it's $15k. So i tot i could have heard the pronunciation wrongly then. But it seems now its $40k?? :o :???: :???:
In any case, be it $40k or $50k, it's still a huge sum of money...

BTW, does anyone know if our allowances are subjective to CPF deduction?? Or is it only our basic salary?? :)

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 1:46 pm

buzzzybeebee wrote:
12345 wrote: Actually i heard about it during a talk given by SIA...that is i heard it was $50k. Lol! Then somehow...sumbody said it's $15k. So i tot i could have heard the pronunciation wrongly then. But it seems now its $40k?? :o :???: :???:

BTW, does anyone know if our allowances are subjective to CPF deduction?? Or is it only our basic salary?? :)
Only from your basic salary..Your allowances are not touched.. :)

Basic might be 1-1.2k after CPF deduction..The rest comes from your allowances.. :wink: :wink:
In order to receive,you have to believe that you have received. (The Secret)

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Post by buzzzybeebee » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 7:37 am

sQ-StEwaRd-ShazNi wrote:
buzzzybeebee wrote:

Only from your basic salary..Your allowances are not touched.. :)

Basic might be 1-1.2k after CPF deduction..The rest comes from your allowances.. :wink: :wink:
Wow... should i be glad or sad abt it?? Hahahaha.... :lol:
Allowances not touched meaning we have more cash on hand. But on the other hand, looking at our pathetic basic pay, erm.... tink it'll be of an issue for those who has houses to pay off using their cpf yah?? Am i right to say tat?? :lol:

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 7:43 am

These posts have been split from 'The Reality of being an SQ Girl' as there is clearly a lot of interest in the bond or should I have said gratuity? Apologies if I have made a mistake.

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:54 am

oh dear, allowances no CPF? =( ... we lugee u know...

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

Post by buzzzybeebee » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 1:41 pm

joyfulpapaya wrote:oh dear, allowances no CPF? =( ... we lugee u know...
Wahahaha... :lol:
tat was wat i thot so too... But i believe ultimately it stil boils down to each individual needs bah. Some are happier w/o CPF deduction on allowances, cos they'll hav more cash on hand. But some wld rather hav CPF. So both either way thr are pros & cons lor... :wink:

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Post by autumn-reverie » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:36 pm

Hi!
i know it's a silly question but just to double-check, we don't get Transport and Uniform Laundry allowances until we commence flying duties right? *blush*

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular

Post by joyfulpapaya » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 2:50 pm

buzzzybeebee wrote:
joyfulpapaya wrote:oh dear, allowances no CPF? =( ... we lugee u know...
Wahahaha... :lol:
tat was wat i thot so too... But i believe ultimately it stil boils down to each individual needs bah. Some are happier w/o CPF deduction on allowances, cos they'll hav more cash on hand. But some wld rather hav CPF. So both either way thr are pros & cons lor... :wink:
agree agree.. good also lar. just tt though u have a little less cash, u actually get more overall.. think i'll top up cpf myself

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular

SURETY

Post by buzzzybeebee » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 9:58 am

Anyone knows wat is a surety for?

My god... how to find a surety who is willing to take leave & accompany me all the way to changi to sign bond... *scratch head* :???:

autumn-reverie
Regular
Regular

Re: SURETY

Post by autumn-reverie » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 4:16 pm

buzzzybeebee wrote:Anyone knows wat is a surety for?

My god... how to find a surety who is willing to take leave & accompany me all the way to changi to sign bond... *scratch head* :???:
Hey girl,
if i'm not wrong a surety is like a guarantor. Just in case you break the bond and cannot pay up, SIA will have someone else to go after. lol

Here's the proper definition :D

Surety (n)- One who has contracted to be responsible for another, especially one who assumes responsibilities or debts in the event of default.

My surety is my dad, but he jokingly said he was unwilling, afraid i'll run away :lol:

machi17
Regular
Regular

Post by machi17 » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 4:59 pm

hmm... so when u sign the contract, someone muz go wif u on that day? what if there isn't someone to go with u? :???:
~~I wanna fly too~~