Singapore Expats Forum

FRENCH exchange

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

Postby maxime » Thu, 12 Jun 2008 4:40 am

It depends what standard you start from.
On the long run, it can cost up to a few thousand dollars. I used to take lessons at AF; bottom line really depends on which type of teacher you get- the one that is really out there to teach or the one that does not give 2 dams about anything. Overall I would reccomand AF

French french french

Postby jenctan » Fri, 13 Jun 2008 1:52 am

Love everything about France.
Just came 3 days ago from a trip in Paris. I studied at the Sorbonne last year and dismally havent practiced as much as I would like.
Would love to meet some people to improve my French.
Im also enrolling this June at Alliance Francaise for Session 3.

If there's a time and place, Im there!
Email me at

A plus tard,

Postby agapedage » Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:29 pm

yes, i hope can learn so, but very difficult is it?

Petales Soufflez!

Postby Petales Soufflez! » Thu, 24 Jul 2008 7:59 pm

On my recent trip to Singapore, I am surprised to discover so many French-speaking people around everywhere I go. French kids from the Lycée Française, French tourists, French-speaking Asians, French expats, French Grandma bringing her grandchildren here for their hols every summer, went to a BBQ and half the foreigners there were French, girl sitting next to me on the plane was French Belgian...

So opportunities to speak French were plenty. And if you go to AF, best to aim for the DELF and DALF as conversation classes alone would not give you the motivation to improve.
Je pense donc je suis. Le reste du temps, je ne suis qu'une fleur.

Postby xnoybis » Wed, 30 Jul 2008 4:39 am

I desperately need to practice my French - haven't touched it since A levels.

Do let me know if there's a meetup or something. I'd rather do something informally than pay AF for refresher lessons from a teacher who may or may not give a rat's butt.

In exchange I can do...uh...Hindi? For the Bollywood freaks, if there're any. Small, tiny bits of Chinese and Japanese too.