EP taking time!

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
Pinky
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinky » Mon, 27 Jun 2005 5:44 pm

Guest88 wrote:Btw, coincidentally my EP was approved on June 16, the day of my last posting but my wife's EP was approved in half the time that I had to wait. Nonetheless, I am here and have already started in my job. Nice to be employed once again.
Good on ya.. Mine took me 6 weeks before I got the approval letter.

Singaporean Guest

Employment Pass

Post by Singaporean Guest » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 7:24 pm

:) I guess it normally takes about 3-4 weeks for the normal processing of an EP... But still I suggest all that one should state clearly to the singaporean employer that he/she would resign from the current company once the singaporean employer is able to obtain the EP as the final decision still rests with the MOM and they can always reject an application even though everything seems OK with the employer.....

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 8:59 pm

it is indeed a risk to resign pending approval from MOM. My EP took 2 weeks.

i was hanging by a thread on the promise of the employer that EP app was never denied for a 25-year-old Malaysian Chinese with an undergrad degree...

it's a risk; if you're willing to take it...
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.

jjk10

Got EP In Principle Approval. But not able to collect !

Post by jjk10 » Thu, 06 Oct 2005 7:13 pm

Hi all,

As a part of my work my client company in Singapore applied for my EP in singapore. Three days back it got "In principle" approval from MOM. But now my company in India is not allowing me to travel to Singapore. I know that the buffer time to collect EP is 6 weeks approximately. I would like to know one thing. Since the EP is approved, and I am not collecting it, whether it will affect me in future, if I wanted to apply for another EP.
Please share your valuable knowledge in this matter. Also tell me whether anyone else can collect my EP, on my behalf, If I gave authorization letter?

Thanks & Regards
jj

riversandlakes
Reporter
Reporter

Post by riversandlakes » Fri, 07 Oct 2005 2:01 am

yes, if i remember correctly, EP may be collected by an authorized agent. it's clearly stated as such on the In-Principle Approval letter. Can you ask it to be faxed over by your client company?

It needs to be picked up within 1 month. The letter allows start of work from the date of the letter for only 1 month.
Goatboy will always cherish his former goatgirl.
But the world is full of fluffier ones.