Singapore Expats Forum

Starhub service totally blows

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Starhub service totally blows

Postby huggybear » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 11:59 am

anyone else have Starhub problems?

I bought the DVR so i could record programs and watch them at a more convenient time. However the piece of crap doesn't record anything because i was sold a faulty piece of garbage. Now they are saying that I have to take it (myself) to some service center and let the technician fix it. If i have starhub send someone over it will cost me $50.

Furthermore i have their stupid piece of crap internet service which is suppoesed to be I think 10 mb/s download or something but it crawls at 2-3 mb/s. I called to complain and again they're making me do all the f-ing tests. About 3-4 weeks later they call to tell me my modem is faulty and they're going to replace it.

anyone else have similar stories about either their service / product / technicians being completely incompetent?

anyone have any innovative ideas on how to retaliate?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 02 Jun 2007 2:02 pm

Let me see now......

Where was that thread on Good Customer Service in Singapore?

Oh, I forgot, there isn't one........

:-|

tingal79
Regular
Regular

Postby tingal79 » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 11:50 am

HaHaHa! THat is a good one.

Huggybear, perhaps you should just write in to tell them about this whole thing. If you write to someone of a higher level, you will notice a change in their attitudes.

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 5:47 pm

tingal79 wrote:HaHaHa! THat is a good one.

Huggybear, perhaps you should just write in to tell them about this whole thing. If you write to someone of a higher level, you will notice a change in their attitudes.

Seriously, does this accomplish anything? And how do we get the frigging email address of the manager in charge of the department? I've always thought that email to the customerservice@lousycompany(or insert name here).com email address does not really go anywhere except to an automated system that responds with a generic email template.

Huggy, you can always write letters to the newspaper editor. (But the question is...will they actually publish it?) :? Could you actually have your contract with them terminated? So you can take your money to the other rival companies?
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

Marlowe

Postby Marlowe » Sun, 03 Jun 2007 9:17 pm

i've had pretty good service from starhub, but i was really taken aback by the price they were charging for a dvr. so yeah, i guess i should consider myself lucky that i was too cheap to get it.

it is absolutely ridiculous that starhub only offers 2 hd channels. they really need some more competition so they'll have reason to join the 21st century in television broadcasting.

and that said, just to be fair, their internet connection totally rocks and i have never had anything anywhere near as fast when i lived in the US or australia. tv shows that used to take 3 hours to download from itunes on the 'broadband' in australia now take about 10-20 minutes.

Kats_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kats_ » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 9:01 am

Marlowe wrote: so yeah, i guess i should consider myself lucky that i was too cheap to get it.

hahahahah ;) Really?
tonton toto, ton thé t'a t-il ôté ta toux?

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Mon, 04 Jun 2007 11:21 am

agreed on the HD channels...

i think i'll avoid the newspaper route unless things go really down hill.

There are about 25 - 35 channels in HD out there that singapore should get.