Singapore Expats Forum

SilkAir recruitment-8 n 9 June

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
trevormyboy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat, 21 Apr 2007

Postby trevormyboy » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 6:50 pm

catchmeifucan wrote:oic. did they ask u if you can cope with taking care of your baby if you are going to fly?


trevormyboy wrote:THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
:lol: :lol:
it was very easy obviously much much easier than SQ!
the process was almost the same as SQ

first round group interview.. i was in the first group... just do introduction and then the interviewer will ask some questions regarding to wat u write on your form.. only 4 go to the next round out of 10...

and then second round is one to one..
surprisingly they all still remember me!! (i passed the whole round last year but i was 5 weeks pregnant thats why i withdraw...) so the interview process was more like chit chat.. she just ask some question about customer service and then she ask what my family think about me applying this job?and then she ask why do i still keen on becoming a stewardess? and then..oh so many questions... oh ya she ask why i never try for SQ?then last but not least she ask whether i got anything to ask..

so after that i have to go back to the waiting room and wait for her to come back with the result. yup thats all..
she give me invitation letter for wct on the 18th 8.30am

yea u all should go and try cos silk air also not so bad and the interview is much much easier...


yes they did.. so i tell her that im actually staying at the same block as my parents in law so .. its very convenient for me..

ihateveg
Member
Member
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri, 27 Apr 2007

Postby ihateveg » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 7:01 pm

trevormyboy wrote:THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
:lol: :lol:
it was very easy obviously much much easier than SQ!
the process was almost the same as SQ

first round group interview.. i was in the first group... just do introduction and then the interviewer will ask some questions regarding to wat u write on your form.. only 4 go to the next round out of 10...

and then second round is one to one..
surprisingly they all still remember me!! (i passed the whole round last year but i was 5 weeks pregnant thats why i withdraw...) so the interview process was more like chit chat.. she just ask some question about customer service and then she ask what my family think about me applying this job?and then she ask why do i still keen on becoming a stewardess? and then..oh so many questions... oh ya she ask why i never try for SQ?then last but not least she ask whether i got anything to ask..

so after that i have to go back to the waiting room and wait for her to come back with the result. yup thats all..
she give me invitation letter for wct on the 18th 8.30am

yea u all should go and try cos silk air also not so bad and the interview is much much easier...


hey girls,

dun be complacent that silkair is easy to pass compared to sq. in fact one of my friends who was selected for sq (and awaiting her management interview next week) didn't get selected at all for first round of silkair. And no, she did not announce to anyone that she is in the process of applying for sq but well she got cut.

my point is, silkair and sq are most prob looking for different kind of girls. my friends can attest to this as they've been to sia, silkair and jal etc. interviews and each of them have failed at a certain airline but passed with flying colors (and currently flying) at another airline.

to all girls who've been disappointed at sia interviews, dun fret. attempt at other airlines, and try your best again :) who knows, you may be the one for another airline.

gd luck to everyone who's going for silkair tmr :)
and congrats to everyone who passed today!

according to friends: silkair recruitment is pretty slow moving, compared to sq. go early and prepare to wait.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 8:11 pm

Hi,

Since you say its much more easier than SIA.
But maybe to you that happen that your luck is
with you. Although i ever attend the interview
before. I know that they are not that so strict at all.

But yet they still need to choose good and better peoples.
My friend went for the interview today. She told me that
passing rate is low and seems like quite less peoples going
today. Not that so much peoples. Is it true?

Yup Silkair is really not a bad airline. Although it fly to few
countries only. But afterall, its still turnaround flight.
I try for two or three times and did not get in. So going to
try one more time again.


trevormyboy wrote:THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
:lol: :lol:
it was very easy obviously much much easier than SQ!
the process was almost the same as SQ

first round group interview.. i was in the first group... just do introduction and then the interviewer will ask some questions regarding to wat u write on your form.. only 4 go to the next round out of 10...

and then second round is one to one..
surprisingly they all still remember me!! (i passed the whole round last year but i was 5 weeks pregnant thats why i withdraw...) so the interview process was more like chit chat.. she just ask some question about customer service and then she ask what my family think about me applying this job?and then she ask why do i still keen on becoming a stewardess? and then..oh so many questions... oh ya she ask why i never try for SQ?then last but not least she ask whether i got anything to ask..

so after that i have to go back to the waiting room and wait for her to come back with the result. yup thats all..
she give me invitation letter for wct on the 18th 8.30am

yea u all should go and try cos silk air also not so bad and the interview is much much easier...

User avatar
moonyuki
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri, 01 Jun 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: SilkAir recruitment-8 n 9 June

Postby moonyuki » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 10:17 am

wendytay wrote:Flight Stewardess
Full/Part Time Full-time
Location Singapore,
Description We are looking for female cabin crew with a combination of grace and a warm smile to provide excellent and attractive service to our customers.

Besides being at least of 1.58m tall, you should also possess a minimum of 3 GCE 'O' Level or 4 GCE 'N' Level credits including English. Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents preferred.

We offer a comprehensive range of attractive benefits including free and discounted travel, profit sharing bonus, annual wage supplement, assistance in further studies, subsidised medical and dental benefits, and attractive flying and transport allowances.

If you think you have what it takes to be part of our team, come and see us at Sheraton Towers Singapore Hotel, 2nd Level Ballroom 4, 39 Scotts Road, Singapore 228230 between 9am and 4.30pm on 8 or 9 June 2007.

Please bring along your I/C, copies of educational certificates and 2 passport-sized photographs. Previous applicants need not apply.


Hi can i check something, the time stated is 9am and 4.30pm mean 2 timing? Or 9am to 4.30pm? I finish work at 3.30pm so was wandering if i can still get enough time go rush down for the interview..

User avatar
bLiSs-LiCioUs
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon, 21 May 2007
Location: SiNgApOrE

Postby bLiSs-LiCioUs » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 10:56 am

ger, it is BETWEEN 930 and 430 which means it starts at 930 ends at 430... :D go for it!

nana07
Regular
Regular
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006

Postby nana07 » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 10:26 pm

the uniform fitting round is it similar to SIA kebaya round where they do the skin check?

trevormyboy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat, 21 Apr 2007

Postby trevormyboy » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 11:45 pm

nana07 wrote:the uniform fitting round is it similar to SIA kebaya round where they do the skin check?


the skin check will be done before u jump into the pool at your water confident test.. and then if u pass the wct u will have to stay back to do your uniform fitting and they will see whether u look good on the uniform

User avatar
ms'dowager
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri, 02 Feb 2007
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby ms'dowager » Sat, 09 Jun 2007 11:54 pm

Hey dears,
I was wondering how would the last management round be like?
Examples of questions that they might ask?
Is passing rate or rather elimination rate high for that?
Cuz I heard that Silkair only take in 20 crews. Is that true?

Thanks in advance!

trevormyboy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat, 21 Apr 2007

Postby trevormyboy » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:22 am

ms'dowager wrote:Hey dears,
I was wondering how would the last management round be like?
Examples of questions that they might ask?
Is passing rate or rather elimination rate high for that?
Cuz I heard that Silkair only take in 20 crews. Is that true?

Thanks in advance!


HM.... im not so sure about this..
but last year when i went for the management round, around 42 or 45 of us (cant remember) we were inside one room with the management ppl (5 of them) then when they call out name, we have to stand up and then do the introduction again (same as first round) and then after we finish they will ask some questions.. thats all..after that there was a tea party and then we can ask them any questions during the tea party. the next day they call us to go for the medical test... so i wasnt sure how many ppl they take cos i withdraw when they call me for the medical test cos i was pregnant... :???:
but i heard from my friend that they get around 40 girls and divide them into 2 batch..

trevormyboy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat, 21 Apr 2007

Postby trevormyboy » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:23 am

ms'dowager wrote:Hey dears,
I was wondering how would the last management round be like?
Examples of questions that they might ask?
Is passing rate or rather elimination rate high for that?
Cuz I heard that Silkair only take in 20 crews. Is that true?

Thanks in advance!


did u go for the interview yest? or today?
how was it?

blackapple
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu, 08 Feb 2007

Postby blackapple » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 11:20 am

congrats to those who passed the first 2 rounds. i heard WCT is on 19th?

good luck to all. :)

trevormyboy
Regular
Regular
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat, 21 Apr 2007

Postby trevormyboy » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 12:23 pm

my wct is on the 18th..

User avatar
ms'dowager
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri, 02 Feb 2007
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby ms'dowager » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 2:12 pm

trevormyboy wrote: HM.... im not so sure about this..
but last year when i went for the management round, around 42 or 45 of us (cant remember) we were inside one room with the management ppl (5 of them) then when they call out name, we have to stand up and then do the introduction again (same as first round) and then after we finish they will ask some questions.. thats all..after that there was a tea party and then we can ask them any questions during the tea party. the next day they call us to go for the medical test... so i wasnt sure how many ppl they take cos i withdraw when they call me for the medical test cos i was pregnant... :???:
but i heard from my friend that they get around 40 girls and divide them into 2 batch..


Ahhh... Icic. Thanks sweets!
So most likely if get through the swimming round + uniform fitting,
we will usually be safe rite?
Sighs, I don't wanna receive disappointment again >.<
Last edited by ms'dowager on Sun, 10 Jun 2007 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
ms'dowager
Regular
Regular
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri, 02 Feb 2007
Location: singapore
Contact:

Postby ms'dowager » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 2:16 pm

trevormyboy wrote:did u go for the interview yest? or today?
how was it?



Hey dear, I went on Friday at about 3pm?
Proceeded to interview at about 5pm.
Sighs, Very little number of girls got through.
Many groups were like,
"sorry girls, but none of you were selected."
I was really worried that time.
Until my group, there were 3 of us.
Anyways, my WCT is on 19th! So do keep us updated after yours alrite?

Btw, side track: Silkair does not have male cabin crews yea?
Do they ask questions about the airline etc. during the management round?

Thanks! (:
Last edited by ms'dowager on Sun, 10 Jun 2007 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat, 07 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby catchmeifucan » Sun, 10 Jun 2007 2:31 pm

:D congrats to all those who got selected!

i heard from a few in this forum that only about 3-4 were selected from each group during the first round of interview. that is really strict.

i also know from two of the girls i met during the CX interview that they went through till the last round for silkair, not sure if its swimming and uniform fitting or management round that they got kicked out but it was due to their height and they told me that it really sucks to be kicked out at the last round because their height was taken during the first interview and they got through..

but i am sure they eliminate for a valid reason..or they are just psycho and sick in the head :-| , from what i heard from the two girls... :?

anyway whatever it is give your best shot and you should do fine. :)
-~-~Growing my wings! Grow faster! I wanna Fly High & be a High Flyer hehe~-~-


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • silkair recruitment 16 dec 2016
    by ana_pocahantos » Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:58 am » in Airline Careers
    0
    3909
    by ana_pocahantos View the latest post
    Fri, 13 Jan 2017 10:58 am
  • silkair interview
    by higirl » Sat, 05 Apr 2014 8:43 pm » in Airline Careers
    69
    49070
    by ShayShay View the latest post
    Sun, 12 Aug 2018 3:22 am
  • Time for family - Silkair pilot
    by Apilotswife » Fri, 20 Jun 2014 6:50 am » in Airline Careers
    8
    4070
    by Blade View the latest post
    Sun, 22 Jun 2014 3:17 pm
  • SilkAir Freelance Cabin Crew
    by airlinegirl » Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:26 am » in Airline Careers
    3
    3837
    by zzm9980 View the latest post
    Sun, 24 Aug 2014 3:09 am
  • Silkair walk in interview 24/31 July 2015
    by haruee23 » Wed, 22 Jul 2015 7:06 pm » in Airline Careers
    3
    4163
    by cimars View the latest post
    Sat, 25 Jul 2015 6:51 pm

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests