Singapore Expats Forum

SilkAir recruitment-8 n 9 June

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Dylla
Regular
Regular

Postby Dylla » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 2:46 pm

singaporegrrl wrote:
Dylla wrote:esp WCT..that's a killer!!

What are you talking about? It's the easiest round to get through. You just jump, swim backstroke to the other side of the pool and you're done. Zero rate of elimination for this round. Well unless you show the interviewers you are scared to jump down.

what im talking abt???? i simply feel dat WCT is challenging for me...well, u can jolly well said its easy coz u've gone thru everything.....................

Dylla
Regular
Regular

Postby Dylla » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 2:48 pm

chai ching wrote:Hi,

Dont need to bring or download the application form. Even if you
want to bring. Their website didnt stated us to download their form.
When you go there tomorrow. They will give you the form and you
just need to fill up there.

Dylla wrote:
Dylla wrote:
mz^d wrote:
Dylla wrote:
mz^d wrote:Hi Jade,

No i am not from silkair. However I attended the previous recruitment and but failed my management round. Silkair recruitment process will be as follows:

1st round: Group interview where you will be required to give a brief introduction about yourself - Elimination

2nd round: 1 on 1 interview with the HR Manager where she will want to know more about you and your current job etc etc - Elimination

3rdround : Water confidence - You would have to jump off a mock plane (Elevated - not really very high, just don't look down)and you have to swim towards the other end of the pool backstroke style.

4th Round: Uniform fitting. Do remember to bring along a pair of heels as your posture will look so much better and smile at all times.

Final round - Management interview with a panel of interviewers followed by tea party. Please do read up on the company history if possible. Wuestions will be most likely related to your introduction. So don't say you like aeroplanes if you know nothing about it.

Succesfull candidates will be notified by email afterwhich they will be required to attend a medical assesment.

No, you are not required to apply online, you can just walk-in. ALl the best to you:)

Hi there mz^d...it seems that u really noe abt the interview process...well...i have a few qns to ask you:
1) For the first interview, how many were short-listed out of 10 candidates..??

2) How many panel of judges for the mass interview?

3) Do they mesure height and weight(during the first few interviews at the hotel)...???

4) Uniform fitting not on the day itself?? Is it after WCT ???

5) For one-one interview with the HR, do they eliminate a lot of people..?

6) Kindly direct me how i can get to Sheraton Hotel..

Thank q in advance..

Haha, yes i do:) Cos i failed 2 management interviews with silkair :mad:

1) Anyways, the elimination is unpredicatble in the first round as they don;t have quotas. From my group, a total of 4 of us got to the next round.

2) Mass interview meaning final interview:? If that's what you are refering to, then there were like 5 of them. Operations Director, HR director, HR manager and i beleive she is the cabin crew manager. I may be wrong.

3) No, they do not measure height and weight on the first day, that's during the WCT which will be held on another day. On my second attempt, they didn;t even take height and weight. Guess they were trying to speed up things.

4) Uniform fitting is right after the water confidence test. You will be given ample time to change and dry your hair, do your make up and stuff. Do remember to bring a nice pair of heels and stockings. Cos you will look more presentable and your posture will be better with heels on anyways.

5) One to one interview is right after the group interview on the first day, not sure about the elimination rate, but as long as you smile and your responses are genuine, you shouldn;t have a problem making it to the water confidence round. Keep smiling and talk about positive things, Whatever you do, DO NOT bad mouth your current company if you are already working.

6) The nearest MRT station is Newton. You should be able to walk from there. It's like 10 mins away.

All the best Dylla!! I hope you make it through all the rounds succesfully. And of course, xmischa, Chai Ching and all the rest who are going.....

Hey thank you so much for the juicy details..guess its not that different from SIA,rite..well..i juz hope i can make it...esp WCT..that's a killer!! And thanks for the map..

Hey mz^d..U tryin again tmr???

Btw, do i have to bring Silkair application form tmr? (fr the website)

chai ching

Thanks chai ching..

Dylla
Regular
Regular

Postby Dylla » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 2:49 pm

Dylla wrote:
Dylla wrote:
mz^d wrote:
Dylla wrote:

No i am not from silkair. However I attended the previous recruitment and but failed my management round. Silkair recruitment process will be as follows:

1st round: Group interview where you will be required to give a brief introduction about yourself - Elimination

2nd round: 1 on 1 interview with the HR Manager where she will want to know more about you and your current job etc etc - Elimination

3rdround : Water confidence - You would have to jump off a mock plane (Elevated - not really very high, just don't look down)and you have to swim towards the other end of the pool backstroke style.

4th Round: Uniform fitting. Do remember to bring along a pair of heels as your posture will look so much better and smile at all times.

Final round - Management interview with a panel of interviewers followed by tea party. Please do read up on the company history if possible. Wuestions will be most likely related to your introduction. So don't say you like aeroplanes if you know nothing about it.

Succesfull candidates will be notified by email afterwhich they will be required to attend a medical assesment.

No, you are not required to apply online, you can just walk-in. ALl the best to you:)

Hi there mz^d...it seems that u really noe abt the interview process...well...i have a few qns to ask you:

3) Do they mesure height and weight(during the first few interviews at the hotel)...???

Thank q in advance..

1) Anyways, the elimination is unpredicatble in the first round as they don;t have quotas. From my group, a total of 4 of us got to the next round.

2) Mass interview meaning final interview:? If that's what you are refering to, then there were like 5 of them. Operations Director, HR director, HR manager and i beleive she is the cabin crew manager. I may be wrong.

3) No, they do not measure height and weight on the first day, that's during the WCT which will be held on another day. On my second attempt, they didn;t even take height and weight. Guess they were trying to speed up things.

4) Uniform fitting is right after the water confidence test. You will be given ample time to change and dry your hair, do your make up and stuff. Do remember to bring a nice pair of heels and stockings. Cos you will look more presentable and your posture will be better with heels on anyways.

5) One to one interview is right after the group interview on the first day, not sure about the elimination rate, but as long as you smile and your responses are genuine, you shouldn;t have a problem making it to the water confidence round. Keep smiling and talk about positive things, Whatever you do, DO NOT bad mouth your current company if you are already working.

6) The nearest MRT station is Newton. You should be able to walk from there. It's like 10 mins away.

All the best Dylla!! I hope you make it through all the rounds succesfully. And of course, xmischa, Chai Ching and all the rest who are going.....

Hey thank you so much for the juicy details..guess its not that different from SIA,rite..well..i juz hope i can make it...esp WCT..that's a killer!! And thanks for the map..

Thanks chai ching..

singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter

Postby singaporegrrl » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 2:53 pm

Dylla wrote:what im talking abt???? i simply feel dat WCT is challenging for me...well, u can jolly well said its easy coz u've gone thru everything.....................

Well I've seen people take a long time going through this stage but still make it to the next round. Like I've said, ZERO rate of elimination. Unless you don't jump at all. It's not a killer at all. The killer is the uniform fitting round. During my interview rounds, half the those who got through to uniform fitting were eliminated. I repeat, HALF.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?

mz^d
Regular
Regular

Postby mz^d » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 3:01 pm

Hey Dylla,

No, am not applying myself but will be there in the morning to offer support to my girlfriends :D Maybe can bump into you thr!

ANyways, dun worry about the water confidence cos you will be given a life jacket. The very first time, i was very nervous but i realized it was not bad at all. Quite fun actually. Besides with the life jacket on, you would pop up to the surface before you even know it. Then you just have to swim backstroke to the other end of the pool. The key is to really relax. Please remember to hold on very tightly to your life jacket BEFORE you jump into the pool as it may come off because of the landing impact. You can let go once to pop up to the surface, lie on your back (You'll be floating anyway) then swim backstroke to the other end. :D

OMG, So excited for you gals!!!

trevormyboy
Regular
Regular

Postby trevormyboy » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 3:36 pm

i just come back from the interview!!!i passed!!@!!!!! going for the wtc on the 18th anybody passed as well ?

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby catchmeifucan » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 3:41 pm

wow congrats! :D

Care to share to all of us your interview progress?

I did not go for Silkair, thought of skipping it. But upon seeing your post here really think I should go and try for it?

trevormyboy wrote:i just come back from the interview!!!i passed!!@!!!!! going for the wtc on the 18th anybody passed as well ?
-~-~Growing my wings! Grow faster! I wanna Fly High & be a High Flyer hehe~-~-

mz^d
Regular
Regular

Postby mz^d » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 4:08 pm

trevormyboy wrote:i just come back from the interview!!!i passed!!@!!!!! going for the wtc on the 18th anybody passed as well ?

CONGRATS treormyboy!!! kekeke, so happy for you!

catchmeifucan, YOU should go!! Faster go take your photos, copies of your ic, edu certs for tomorrow!!

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby catchmeifucan » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 4:14 pm

#-o another round of repeating the procedures. I shall see how tommorrow..not sure if I am going because I have something on tommorrow. I have copies of everything. If I am going, will use the old photos i took few months back, i am running out of them already. ](*,)

mz^d wrote:

CONGRATS treormyboy!!! kekeke, so happy for you!

catchmeifucan, YOU should go!! Faster go take your photos, copies of your ic, edu certs for tomorrow!!

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 4:31 pm

You are most welcome.

Dylla wrote:

Dylla wrote:
Dylla wrote:
mz^d wrote:
Dylla wrote:

Thank q in advance..

chai ching

Thanks chai ching..

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 4:41 pm

Hey congratulations to you. So happy for you that you have make it.
How many peoples are they in your groups? How many peoples get in?

trevormyboy
Regular
Regular

Postby trevormyboy » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 4:46 pm

THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
:lol: :lol:
it was very easy obviously much much easier than SQ!
the process was almost the same as SQ

first round group interview.. i was in the first group... just do introduction and then the interviewer will ask some questions regarding to wat u write on your form.. only 4 go to the next round out of 10...

and then second round is one to one..
surprisingly they all still remember me!! (i passed the whole round last year but i was 5 weeks pregnant thats why i withdraw...) so the interview process was more like chit chat.. she just ask some question about customer service and then she ask what my family think about me applying this job?and then she ask why do i still keen on becoming a stewardess? and then..oh so many questions... oh ya she ask why i never try for SQ?then last but not least she ask whether i got anything to ask..

so after that i have to go back to the waiting room and wait for her to come back with the result. yup thats all..
she give me invitation letter for wct on the 18th 8.30am

yea u all should go and try cos silk air also not so bad and the interview is much much easier...

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 4:47 pm

Hey dont give up just like that. What make you suddenly not going to try?
Havent try yet and think of skipping it? Just try tomorrow and see.
Although i know that you have something on tomorrow. But try to
make some time and at least go there and see.

Who knows that you are lucky tomorrow? Is this your
first time trying? Should just go and dont think so much.
I will be going tomorrow. If you want to go. What time
are you going?

Care to go together if you dont mind?
Can cheer each other up. Haha....
Think about it. Ok?

catchmeifucan wrote:wow congrats! :D

I did not go for Silkair, thought of skipping it. But upon seeing your post here really think I should go and try for it?

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby catchmeifucan » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 5:06 pm

:lol: check your pm chai ching.

chai ching wrote:Hey dont give up just like that. What make you suddenly not going to try?
Havent try yet and think of skipping it? Just try tomorrow and see.
Although i know that you have something on tomorrow. But try to
make some time and at least go there and see.

Who knows that you are lucky tomorrow? Is this your
first time trying? Should just go and dont think so much.
I will be going tomorrow. If you want to go. What time
are you going?

Care to go together if you dont mind?
Can cheer each other up. Haha....
Think about it. Ok?

catchmeifucan wrote:wow congrats! :D

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby catchmeifucan » Fri, 08 Jun 2007 5:13 pm

oic. did they ask u if you can cope with taking care of your baby if you are going to fly?

trevormyboy wrote:THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
:lol: :lol:
it was very easy obviously much much easier than SQ!
the process was almost the same as SQ

first round group interview.. i was in the first group... just do introduction and then the interviewer will ask some questions regarding to wat u write on your form.. only 4 go to the next round out of 10...

and then second round is one to one..
surprisingly they all still remember me!! (i passed the whole round last year but i was 5 weeks pregnant thats why i withdraw...) so the interview process was more like chit chat.. she just ask some question about customer service and then she ask what my family think about me applying this job?and then she ask why do i still keen on becoming a stewardess? and then..oh so many questions... oh ya she ask why i never try for SQ?then last but not least she ask whether i got anything to ask..

so after that i have to go back to the waiting room and wait for her to come back with the result. yup thats all..
she give me invitation letter for wct on the 18th 8.30am

yea u all should go and try cos silk air also not so bad and the interview is much much easier...