Singapore Expats Forum

KALO plastic surgery clinic in JB

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
mkcf
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 14 Aug 2007

Beautiful Holidays

Postby mkcf » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 7:00 pm

My BA was done by Dr. Lee Kim Siea in 2004 at Loh Guan Lye Specialist...the BA package was offered by Beautiful Holidays at 13K++ inclusive of 7 days hotel accomodation...they tie up with this doctor to offer various procedures...Overall, i'm a bit disappointed bcos the implants did not drop well (creating a natural crease)...so i intend to redo my BA...HEard Yanhee is good...so is Kalo...so i'm a little undecided...

yakult
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 23 Sep 2007

Postby yakult » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 9:52 pm

hi..im nxt week i ll off to KL to work.. im thinking of doin stitching double eyelid in kalo kl.. bt i will stay for 4 days long only.. do u guys think its enuff time for me to do? n after doin, will it be swollen? coz i still nid to work..n i heard after few days hav to go back remove wat stitch ? is tat true? hoping to c u guys reply soon.. thanks :lol:

User avatar
yen2006
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2006

Hi

Postby yen2006 » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:25 pm

princessli wrote:after my alar, my nose is still wide, thinking of using laser of shave off the sides, does kalo do the procedure? would this be an internal or external procedure? stitches? how much does it usually cost?
n my tip is now abit too short, does kalo do tip rhino? what should i do to extend it abit? can fillers be used?



Hi princessli,

Actually you should seek Dr Song's advice on your nose & bring cut out pics to show him the of the type of nose you like to achieve.


Ask him what procedures are needed inorder to achieve your ideal nose.
Just discuss the type of nose, show Dr the pic & leave it to him.


Regret not asking him to cut more of your Alar?
:???:

Better discuss & ask for Dr Song advise.

All the best.

yen :wink:

User avatar
yen2006
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2006

lipo

Postby yen2006 » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 10:28 pm

momoko wrote:Wondering if it's better to do in JB or KL? i'm keen in doing Lipo.



Hi momoko,

If you are a singaporean,den JB is better coz it's nearer.

If you are staying in KL den of course KL lor.

yen

mkcf
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 14 Aug 2007

BA

Postby mkcf » Tue, 09 Oct 2007 11:51 pm

Hey yen...can i talk to you on msn? I added you...i hope you dun mind...

princessli
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 238
Joined: Tue, 28 Aug 2007

Postby princessli » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 9:13 am

Yes i think its still too wide cos with the alarplasty, the shift in the alar has made my nose straighter but cos the flesh now is all bunched up at the same area/the alar & columella are the same height , my nose looks stubbier, plus pressing the alar closer together has pushed the tip up and made my tip a little short.So now though its slightly smaller, it looks uglier actually cos of its new shape.

u know what i mean? like when i only do one procedure n not all the rhino procedures, its like patching up one hole that makes holes appear in other areas.

User avatar
luv_tee
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed, 10 Oct 2007

Postby luv_tee » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:12 pm

princessli wrote:Yes i think its still too wide cos with the alarplasty, the shift in the alar has made my nose straighter but cos the flesh now is all bunched up at the same area/the alar & columella are the same height , my nose looks stubbier, plus pressing the alar closer together has pushed the tip up and made my tip a little short.So now though its slightly smaller, it looks uglier actually cos of its new shape.

u know what i mean? like when i only do one procedure n not all the rhino procedures, its like patching up one hole that makes holes appear in other areas.


hi i'm new here and after hearing so much abt kalo, i'm quite determined to go kalo late nov for dbl eyelids + alar. :)

hi princessli can i know how much kalo charge u for alar? i'm thinking of doing alar alone w/o rhino too because my brige is ok. but in your case is your alar still swollen or sth like that? so rather hard to determine the shape now?

anyway, i have to book an appt with miss tay first for consultation before deciding on the surgery date right?

thanks!

momoko
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu, 22 Feb 2007

Postby momoko » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 2:06 pm

Can someone provide me with the details for Lipo at KALO?
I'm keen to go for lipo on my arms. How do they charge? :???:

User avatar
yen2006
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2006

Re: BA

Postby yen2006 » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 9:11 pm

mkcf wrote:Hey yen...can i talk to you on msn? I added you...i hope you dun mind...



ok sure

yen

User avatar
yen2006
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2006

Postby yen2006 » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 9:13 pm

luv_tee wrote:
princessli wrote:Yes i think its still too wide cos with the alarplasty, the shift in the alar has made my nose straighter but cos the flesh now is all bunched up at the same area/the alar & columella are the same height , my nose looks stubbier, plus pressing the alar closer together has pushed the tip up and made my tip a little short.So now though its slightly smaller, it looks uglier actually cos of its new shape.

u know what i mean? like when i only do one procedure n not all the rhino procedures, its like patching up one hole that makes holes appear in other areas.


hi i'm new here and after hearing so much abt kalo, i'm quite determined to go kalo late nov for dbl eyelids + alar. :)

hi princessli can i know how much kalo charge u for alar? i'm thinking of doing alar alone w/o rhino too because my brige is ok. but in your case is your alar still swollen or sth like that? so rather hard to determine the shape now?

anyway, i have to book an appt with miss tay first for consultation before deciding on the surgery date right?

thanks!



Hi luv_tee,

yes, you have to call Miss Tay first .


yen

boom-boom
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 10 Oct 2007
Location: Kuala Lumpur

Postby boom-boom » Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:25 pm

Dear all,

I've been reading this thread since before my surgery at KALO. I am from KL and I did my surgery at their office in Midvalley which was 30 minutes from where I lived.

My Dr was Doctor Song as well. Although I didn't speak to him much because my consultant did all the liaising with him and it seems to me like all he spoke was Chinese.

Anyway, I had 3 procedures, refinement of the nose tip, alarplasty and augmentation at the bridge using silicon.

That was last Sunday, October 7.

And today, 3 days after, my nose is suffering so much swelling. It looks so huge, even bigger than my nose before which kinda beats the purpose of paying so much $$ to get it smaller in the first place.

KALO only gave like a 3 types of medication, including ponstan, a pain-killer.

I try to tell myself that my nose swelling will recover, but it's so hard to believe.

My nose feels stiff, bloated, painful. And I can't stand it when I have to sneeze.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Is this normal to have really BAD swelling?

I'd appreciate your share of stories!


PS: I'm feeling so depressed seeing my nose bigger than before

User avatar
yen2006
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2006

hi

Postby yen2006 » Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:53 am

boom-boom wrote:Dear all,

I've been reading this thread since before my surgery at KALO. I am from KL and I did my surgery at their office in Midvalley which was 30 minutes from where I lived.

My Dr was Doctor Song as well. Although I didn't speak to him much because my consultant did all the liaising with him and it seems to me like all he spoke was Chinese.

Anyway, I had 3 procedures, refinement of the nose tip, alarplasty and augmentation at the bridge using silicon.

That was last Sunday, October 7.

And today, 3 days after, my nose is suffering so much swelling. It looks so huge, even bigger than my nose before which kinda beats the purpose of paying so much $$ to get it smaller in the first place.

KALO only gave like a 3 types of medication, including ponstan, a pain-killer.

I try to tell myself that my nose swelling will recover, but it's so hard to believe.

My nose feels stiff, bloated, painful. And I can't stand it when I have to sneeze.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Is this normal to have really BAD swelling?

I'd appreciate your share of stories!


PS: I'm feeling so depressed seeing my nose bigger than before



Hi,

dont worry, it's part of the process.

Nose will takes longer time to subside, about 1 year to fully settle down & look more refined.

You will look better in about 3 months or more natural.

I also had depression after ps for sometime, just think postive & you heal faster.

Hope you have a fast recovery.

You can msn me at the address below.

Cheers :wink:

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:54 am

boom-boom wrote:Dear all,

I've been reading this thread since before my surgery at KALO. I am from KL and I did my surgery at their office in Midvalley which was 30 minutes from where I lived.

My Dr was Doctor Song as well. Although I didn't speak to him much because my consultant did all the liaising with him and it seems to me like all he spoke was Chinese.

Anyway, I had 3 procedures, refinement of the nose tip, alarplasty and augmentation at the bridge using silicon.

That was last Sunday, October 7.

And today, 3 days after, my nose is suffering so much swelling. It looks so huge, even bigger than my nose before which kinda beats the purpose of paying so much $$ to get it smaller in the first place.

KALO only gave like a 3 types of medication, including ponstan, a pain-killer.

I try to tell myself that my nose swelling will recover, but it's so hard to believe.

My nose feels stiff, bloated, painful. And I can't stand it when I have to sneeze.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Is this normal to have really BAD swelling?

I'd appreciate your share of stories!


PS: I'm feeling so depressed seeing my nose bigger than before


dear boom-boom, you shouldn't read so selectively in the forum, i think u have skipped over all the posts abt post-op care, healing etc...

Your nose will be very swollen first 2 weeks (like vampires in BUFFY), which is natural, cos it has been sliced open, had something stuffed into it, and sewn back.

Expecting your nose to look exactly slim and beautiful now is like expecting to go exercise next day after an operation. You need time to heal.

Your nose will continue to heal and the shape may finalise only after 6mths to a year. In the meanwhile, u can amuse yourself by seeing how much it changes from day to day...

yes it will be very depressing and traumatising, so i advise you not to look into any mirrors for long until ur first 2 weeks are up
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
yen2006
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu, 17 Aug 2006

Postby yen2006 » Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:20 pm

Hehe..Advark I always like your posts..so funny & amusing :lol:

astrogirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu, 08 Jun 2006

Postby astrogirl » Thu, 11 Oct 2007 2:53 pm

boom-boom wrote:Dear all,

I've been reading this thread since before my surgery at KALO. I am from KL and I did my surgery at their office in Midvalley which was 30 minutes from where I lived.

My Dr was Doctor Song as well. Although I didn't speak to him much because my consultant did all the liaising with him and it seems to me like all he spoke was Chinese.

Anyway, I had 3 procedures, refinement of the nose tip, alarplasty and augmentation at the bridge using silicon.

That was last Sunday, October 7.

And today, 3 days after, my nose is suffering so much swelling. It looks so huge, even bigger than my nose before which kinda beats the purpose of paying so much $$ to get it smaller in the first place.

KALO only gave like a 3 types of medication, including ponstan, a pain-killer.

I try to tell myself that my nose swelling will recover, but it's so hard to believe.

My nose feels stiff, bloated, painful. And I can't stand it when I have to sneeze.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Is this normal to have really BAD swelling?

I'd appreciate your share of stories!


PS: I'm feeling so depressed seeing my nose bigger than before


Don't be discouraged, any nasal procedure will have swelling for much longer time than eyes. This is expected no matter what meds the doctors give you. You will have to wait out the post op down time. You'd be surprised that people might not really noticed that much unless you have very bad bruising.

I had upper and lower bleph, the huge swelling was about 5 days but thank God my bruises (purple) faded back to skin colour by 3rd day. Just keep yourself occupied with other stuff. Some discomfort is expected, keep a positive outlook and you will heal faster! It will soon be over!
astrogirl


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests