Singapore Expats

KALO plastic surgery clinic in JB

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
puddingflower

Lipo..

Post by puddingflower » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 1:03 pm

Hi Madalyn,

Can I know how much Dr Song charge you? Which parts are you doing for the lipo?

Thanks..
:D

magdalyn_loh

kalo

Post by magdalyn_loh » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 1:59 pm

I was charged RM $6000 for the whole circumference of my arms, the upper back.

Dun know if others got charged cheaper.

Anyone did liposuction by Dr Song before?
Magdalyn

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Is GORTEX Really that unsafe compared to Silicone?

Post by WAsadeha » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:20 pm

A Multicenter evaluation of the safety of Gore-Tex as an implant in Asian rhinoplasty

Authors: Jin, Hong-Ryul; Lee, Joo-Yeon; Yeon, Je-Yeob; Rhee, Chae-Seo
Source: American Journal of Rhinology, Volume 20, Number 6, November-December 2006 , pp. 615-619(5)
Publisher: OceanSide Publications, Inc

Background: A retrospective multicenter study examined the safety of Gore-Tex as a nasal implant in rhinoplasty.

Methods: This study involved 853 patients (656 primary surgeries and 197 secondary surgeries) who had undergone rhinoplasty and used Gore-Tex either at the dorsum or at the nasal tip. Data were extracted from the medical records by surgeons and entered on a standard form. Data included the information about the demographics and history of the patient, method and results of surgery, complications, follow-up, and various factors believed to predispose to complications.
Results: The average follow-up period was 18 months. Overall complication rate associated with Gore-Tex was 2.5% (21 cases). Infection was the most common complication (18 cases; 2.1%) followed by two cases of seroma and one case of persistent nasal swelling. Among the 21 suffering complications, 19 patients (91%) needed graft removal. Nine cases of infection developed in primary surgeries (1.4%) and nine cases developed in secondary surgeries (4.6%), which represented a statistically higher complication rate in those undergoing secondary surgery (p = 0.0062). Infections developed within 1 month in five cases and nine cases developed infection >6 months postoperatively. Other complications including esthetic problems were identified in 16 cases (1.9%).
Conclusion: Gore-Tex should be used judiciously in rhinoplasty because of a 2.1% infection rate, a risk that is higher still after secondary surgery; moreover, once infected, Gore-Tex implants usually require removal. Document Type: Research article
DOI: 10.2500/ajr.2006.20.2948

Problems of Expanded Polytetrafluoroethylene (Gore-Tex(R)) in Augmentation Rhinoplasty.

Yang SJ, Lee JH, Tark MS.

Dr. Yang's Institute of Rhinoplasty, Korea.
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, College of Medicine, Soonchunhyang University, Seoul, Korea.

Augmentation rhinoplasty is one of the most popular aesthetic procedures in Asians. Numerous alloplastic implants have been used, however alloplastic implants may cause many problems in nasal and perinasal areas because of thin soft tissue cover. For these reasons, an ideal implant should be nonpalpable, readily exchangeable and biocompatible. Among these alloplastic implants, Gore-Tex(R) is a polymer of carbon bound to fluorine composed of solid nodes connected by very fine fibers. It has been reported that this material become permeated and surrounded by mature connective tissue, forming a strong supporting envelop for the material, yet the implant is easily removed because of limited tissue ingrowth. Since it's development, Gore-Tex(R) has found many applications in the field of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. From November, 2001 to December, 2002, Gore-Tex(R) implants were removed from 17 patients due to several problems such as; decreased dorsal height, tip deformity, chronic inflammation. The implants were very hard to remove and coinciding injury of the surrounding tissue were inevitable. An analysis of the length and thickness changes in these removed implants was made. The results showed, decrease in length and thickness with a volume loss averaging, 46.3% in 45x4.0mm implants, 49.3% in 50x5.0mm implants. In view of the experiences of 17 cases of Gore-Tex(R) implants in rhinoplasty, we have concluded that Gore-Tex(R) implants were structurally unstable, fibrovascular tissue ingrowth into pores were minimal, the implants were very hard to remove and the implants caused a postoperative volume reduction. Therefore, Gore-Tex(R) use in augmentation rhinoplasty should be approached with caution.

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Fri, 03 Aug 2007 10:36 pm

Sea wrote:Realli!Congrats.
Its great that yu are happy with your new eyes. Blink... BLink. :lol:

May i know the address? Im staying at Bukit Panjang very near to JB 2.
But I'm not driving. Did you drove in?
Yen hi, did u had problem passin custom with a splint in your nose?

Also how do u find gortex vs silicone. It seems that gortex is harder to remove

puddingflower

Post by puddingflower » Sat, 04 Aug 2007 12:01 am

Madalyn,

Wow thats counted cheap. 2 body parts cost less less than 3k...

Yeah, I also wonder whether anybody done lipo and the cost?

u must be counting the days..

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Sat, 04 Aug 2007 12:28 pm

anyone care to comment on the above article?

kaka
Regular
Regular

Re: kalo

Post by kaka » Sat, 04 Aug 2007 8:30 pm

magdalyn_loh wrote:I was charged RM $6000 for the whole circumference of my arms, the upper back.

Dun know if others got charged cheaper.

Anyone did liposuction by Dr Song before?
upper back can lipo too? cool

puddingflower

Post by puddingflower » Sat, 04 Aug 2007 11:47 pm

Anyone went to KALO for chin implant? How much does it cost?

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 2:01 pm

guys is DR SONG a licensed Plastic surgeon in JB?

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 2:06 pm

does kalo do VASER liposelection. if yes, how much? thanks!
Cry when you get ripped.

Ms Juice
Regular
Regular

Re: Consultation at Kalo went well

Post by Ms Juice » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 3:26 pm

Meg28 wrote:Hello guys,

I took a ride from Yen to Kalo for my first consultation last Saturday and generally I am glad as I have better idea on what to expect.

Basically, I want to do rhinoplasty and eyelift. After listening to the consultant, I realised the procedures Kalo adopted are non-invasive - meaning that the surgeon will do minimal cutting. They adopt Korean-style procedures.

For example, I want to remove excess skin and fats from my upper eyelids and the conventional procedure which I read up will be normally to cut the excess skin and fat from your eyelids. But at KALO, the surgeon will cut two 2cm incisions above one's hairline above both sides of one's eyes and the surgeon will then pull the muscles up and hold the muscles up with some stitches. After that, he will close the incisions. For the removal of fats, the surgeon will create 3 tiny holes along the crease of one's eyelids and pull out fats from the holes. One will be under local anaesthesia the whole time.

I thought the above procedure is not as scary as the conventional type. However, since this is a new technology, it is a bit costly though - I was quoted SGD$3,929 (RM8,800) with thread and SGD$3,036 (RM6,800) without thread. They don't call it eyelift, they call it facelift. Maybe because the procedure will lift the forehead loose skin as well, not sure. The removal of fats from upper eyelids costs $932 (RM2,088).

For rhinoplasty, I will be doing implant to raise my bridge. They use Korean man-made cartilage which I think is Goretex (is this how it is spelled?) mixed with silicon. I saw Yen's nose (she did it at Kalo) and it is so natural and beautiful! : ) I also will be doing alarplasty to augment the base of my nose and finally, to refine the tip of my bulbous nose, they will inject some protein based ampules (3 times) to dissolve the fats. The consultant assured me that the ampules are safe coz I was a bit paranoid with people injecting foreign stuff into my body. I read up a case in Korea where the nose became red and inflamed due to some injections. I am not sure what kind of ampules they use. Has anyone try this method before? Please share.

So, this is the breakdown of prices for my impending Rhinoplasty:

1. Implant $2,143 (RM4,800)
2. Alaplasty $ 804 (RM1,800)
3. Nose refinement (3 injection of ampules) $607 (RM1,500)

Again, no apparent incision will be seen at the tips of the nose according to the consultant. The incision will be made inside the nose. For this procedure, they will put one under local anaesthesia as well so the surgeon can get one to see the final results before the incision is closed. Sounded both scary and excited at the same time.

I will be doing my procedures tentatively in Dec. Quite scared but excited at the same time as I have awaited to do my rhinoplasty since my teenage years! I want a fresher look!!

Looking at Yen's nose and eyes, I am quite assured that the surgeons are skillful. However, I am not sure whether they are registered Plastic Surgeons with the plastic surgery board in a country. Does anyone knows how to check their accreditation with the Plastic Surgeons' Board in Malaysia?
i jus did my 1st injection 1 wk ago...(nose refinement)
e jap damn painful.....2 more to go.. but can c the tip of the nose smaller abit liao.
:shock:

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 9:43 pm

Hey wads the jab for?.. did u do the implant oredi?
/
Did u use the korean cartilage?

how much did it cost to do this?

Also i am curious how do they customise the implant?

thanks

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yen2006 » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 10:51 pm

Ms Juice wrote:

I took a ride from Yen to Kalo for my first consultation last Saturday and generally I am glad as I have better idea on what to expect.

Basically, I want to do rhinoplasty and eyelift. After listening to the consultant, I realised the procedures Kalo adopted are non-invasive - meaning that the surgeon will do minimal cutting. They adopt Korean-style procedures.

For example, I want to remove excess skin and fats from my upper eyelids and the conventional procedure which I read up will be normally to cut the excess skin and fat from your eyelids. But at KALO, the surgeon will cut two 2cm incisions above one's hairline above both sides of one's eyes and the surgeon will then pull the muscles up and hold the muscles up with some stitches. After that, he will close the incisions. For the removal of fats, the surgeon will create 3 tiny holes along the crease of one's eyelids and pull out fats from the holes. One will be under local anaesthesia the whole time.

I thought the above procedure is not as scary as the conventional type. However, since this is a new technology, it is a bit costly though - I was quoted SGD$3,929 (RM8,800) with thread and SGD$3,036 (RM6,800) without thread. They don't call it eyelift, they call it facelift. Maybe because the procedure will lift the forehead loose skin as well, not sure. The removal of fats from upper eyelids costs $932 (RM2,088).

For rhinoplasty, I will be doing implant to raise my bridge. They use Korean man-made cartilage which I think is Goretex (is this how it is spelled?) mixed with silicon. I saw Yen's nose (she did it at Kalo) and it is so natural and beautiful! : ) I also will be doing alarplasty to augment the base of my nose and finally, to refine the tip of my bulbous nose, they will inject some protein based ampules (3 times) to dissolve the fats. The consultant assured me that the ampules are safe coz I was a bit paranoid with people injecting foreign stuff into my body. I read up a case in Korea where the nose became red and inflamed due to some injections. I am not sure what kind of ampules they use. Has anyone try this method before? Please share.

Again, no apparent incision will be seen at the tips of the nose according to the consultant. The incision will be made inside the nose. For this procedure, they will put one under local anaesthesia as well so the surgeon can get one to see the final results before the incision is closed. Sounded both scary and excited at the same time.

I will be doing my procedures tentatively in Dec. Quite scared but excited at the same time as I have awaited to do my rhinoplasty since my teenage years! I want a fresher look!!

Looking at Yen's nose and eyes, I am quite assured that the surgeons are skillful. However, I am not sure whether they are registered Plastic Surgeons with the plastic surgery board in a country. Does anyone knows how to check their accreditation with the Plastic Surgeons' Board in Malaysia?
e jap damn painful.....2 more to go.. but can c the tip of the nose smaller abit liao.

Hi Juice,

Gald to hear that keke :P Wow, after 1 jab den can see results, pain also worth it..

When is the next jab?

yen2006
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yen2006 » Sun, 05 Aug 2007 10:54 pm

takuda wrote:does kalo do VASER liposelection. if yes, how much? thanks!

takuda,

when are you doing your ps ?

Btw, what are you Doing? Saw from your post that you going to do alot of PS?

WAsadeha
Regular
Regular

Post by WAsadeha » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 12:13 am

yen2006 wrote:
Ms Juice wrote:

Hi Juice,

Gald to hear that keke :P Wow, after 1 jab den can see results, pain also worth it..

When is the next jab?

hey jus like to ask smth... regarding the 'new' face lift method... i saw this in DavidlohSurgery singapore and he offers it at $3.6k ..he calls it 'golden thread'.. i guess are the same thing?

guess the pricing not much different?

Anyway moving on, i like to ask on the Nose refinement ...

THIS IS the first time i hear abt this!!

does it work by sharpening the tip area?.. But i am jus thinking how much fat is there in our nose?... pinching it, i feel theres only cartilage and probably tissue?... not much fats|?