Singapore Expats Forum

Naming Contest - Conference and Meeting Rooms!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Kats_
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Kats_ » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 10:12 am

Rich D wrote:
Kats_ wrote:
Diverting slightly, why are all the housing agents named after flowers.....the few I had met were named - lily, jasmine, rose, bougainville (OK now, I am exaggerating) ;)

Yes it's wierd isn't it? Btw, have you found a place yet? If not send me a PM and I'll give you the details of my agent, Venus Fly-Trap. Lovely girl and found us a wonderful flat but if she invites you out for dinner, take my advice and decline!!!!

Nursey! I can hear the voices again!!!!!!!!

;) Thanks Richie.

Someone told me why....it seems the names are such that they can be remembered easily. Makes sense.

Shall pass Miss Fly-Trap for now. :) I can understand 'Fly-trap' but why Venus?
tonton toto, ton thé t'a t-il ôté ta toux?

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 1:05 pm

jpatokal wrote:
Asian_Geekette wrote:How about positive words like: Perverance, Innovation, Creativity and even perhaps Serendipity? :wink:

I think you misspelled "Perversity" :P

Link of the day: http://despair.com/viewall.html

Opps... Thanks for pointing it out... I meant Perseverance (Determination). Not something hideously kinky. :P It's a slip of the finger since I'm now wearing wrist braces for my mild carpal tunnel syndrome.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 1:20 pm

Asian_Geekette wrote:It's a slip of the finger since I'm now wearing wrist braces for my mild carpal tunnel syndrome.

You really ARE a Geekette! :o (already know you are a trainer though! :wink: )

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 1:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You really ARE a Geekette! :o (already know you are a trainer though! :wink: )

Ha ha ha! It's the new fashion for the techno-minions. :wink: But I rather like them...it reminds me of Leela's (of Futurama fame) computer armband. :D

It's easy to know about my background since I sound like a boring lecturer when I write. :cool: :P
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rich D » Thu, 07 Jun 2007 8:15 pm

Kats_ wrote:
Shall pass Miss Fly-Trap for now. :) I can understand 'Fly-trap' but why Venus?

The full name of the plant I know is the venus fly trap. You have to include the first part as it is a girl's name and without it the joke doesn't actually work.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion