Singapore Expats

business relocation (which visa ?)

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
Post Reply
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 12 May 2007 9:33 am
Location: Hong Kong

business relocation (which visa ?)

Post by sonicdragon » Fri, 25 May 2007 4:21 pm


Can anyone advise the best visa to apply for when relocating an existing business to Singapore. I will be moving 5 year old profitable business, of which I am the majority owner, from Hong Kong. I am British. I prefer not to have to produce a detailed business plan (which seems to be the requirement for the startup-oriented EntrePass, though I could do so if absolutely necessary). I intend to incorporate a new company in Singapore, and the business will initially employ 1 local staff, and after the initial move it would be expanded to 3 locals plus myself (as per current operations in HK). So perhaps the best route is to incorporate the company and then obtain an Employment Pass for me as director ?

We will also be moving with my wife and children, (my wife is Thai and works part time for the company), so they also need appropriate visas.

This must be a normal/common thing but I couldn't immediately see which visa was most appropriate.

Any advice would be much appreciated !


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests