Singapore Expats Forum

Messages dissapear

Announcements, promotions, news, help. Ask about registrations, avatars, PM and others. Post all your forum and Singapore Expats site related questions here.
Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Messages dissapear

Postby Asdracles » Thu, 24 May 2007 3:43 pm

Ok, its not too important, but some days ago I posted my message number 100, and today I have posted 98 :)

I think that old messages are deleted after long time, but, is the count decreased too??

Just curiosity, Im not here in competitive way, lol, the only place where Im in a chill way :D

Strong Eagle

Re: Messages dissapear

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 24 May 2007 5:41 pm

Asdracles wrote:Ok, its not too important, but some days ago I posted my message number 100, and today I have posted 98 :)

I think that old messages are deleted after long time, but, is the count decreased too??

Just curiosity, Im not here in competitive way, lol, the only place where Im in a chill way :D

Well, now you are back up to 101. You could lose messages if you posted to a thread that was deleted... usually an advertising thread. You might have posted to a very old thread that got pruned. Or, we have seen this phenomenon in the past, and other posters have wondered about it as well.

As you know this is a freeware BBS, phpBB. Maybe there is a bug in it. Maybe it is not counting posts accurately, or maybe it is dropping posts. Have never been able to figure that out.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Dont worry

Postby Asdracles » Thu, 24 May 2007 6:09 pm

Im just at 101 (102 now, I can guess). Perhaps any removed thread, because I have checked my oldest messages, and all them are there.

Just curiosity, dont worry.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sat, 26 May 2007 2:45 am

I have noticed that sometimes when I make a new post the count remains the same so most likely there is a glitch in the software but that is not uncommon.

Bonbon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Bonbon » Fri, 01 Jun 2007 5:29 pm

I hate this bug, it comes and goes.... I never seem to manage get bypass 280 posts mark :D

EPL
Reporter
Reporter

Postby EPL » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 6:12 pm

More than 300 posts from me have gone too.

Also the Sinful Indulgence no 2 thread has gone as well :cry:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Sinful+I ... 8&oe=UTF-8

Those who have made above 5 postings soon to realise they can't PM because they have just become newbie again haha..
Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live the questions now... Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live... into the answer ~Rainer Maria Rilke~