Singapore Expats Forum

Help! Can't spend another weekend mute!

Weekly meetup of FNDC - Friday Night Drinking Club
Manclass

Help! Can't spend another weekend mute!

Postby Manclass » Tue, 22 May 2007 9:54 pm

Hi all,

Just arrived from the UK last week. 26 and don't want to spend the rest of my youth (if you can actually call it that!) in my apartment, in silence, watching terrible cable!

Is there anything arranged for this coming Friday (25th)? And if so, is it fine for anyone to join in?

newboy123

Postby newboy123 » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:39 pm

i'll be on for a few beers come friday night and don't think i have any plans... likewise UK, 26, but have been here for a 3 months now and loving it

peridot7

Postby peridot7 » Tue, 22 May 2007 10:48 pm

Hey!
I just found this website, i'm 24 Canadian been here 5 months and looking to branch out and meet new people! The FNDC sounds great but i work sat mornings...do you guys ever get together during the week?

lacyusa

Postby lacyusa » Wed, 23 May 2007 7:12 am

Lacy
23 from the US, just moved here last week.
Considering going to Fluid Bar in Far East Square to hear a band on Friday night if you all are interested.
"truly, underneath the stars there are a million ways to be the way you are"

diane rush

HIGHLANDER/ CLARKE QUAY- 9.00-9.30pm

Postby diane rush » Wed, 23 May 2007 6:21 pm

I'm going to the Highlander at Clarke Quay 9.00-9.30pm Friday night with a few people who normally go to the friday night club. If anyone is interested let me know.....

Diane :D

Manclass

Postby Manclass » Wed, 23 May 2007 9:15 pm

Hey,

Thanks for all the responses...it's good to know I might not have to spend the evening talking to my plants.

Only arrived a few days ago haven't got a clue about where's good to go or even where's not for that matter!

Would be great to meet up with everyone at the Highlander. Lacy, give me a shout if you want to come down after your gig.

See you Fri....

By the way, how do you guy's all find each other when your new? Is it a case of me going around and asking lots of randoms until I get lucky!?

diane rush

Just keep looking

Postby diane rush » Wed, 23 May 2007 9:43 pm

Hiya,

You've got the right idea- just keep asking people till you find us. I'm only joking :D I'll send you my mobile number on your private messages. Look at the post above yours (HIGHLANDER FRI 25th) for idea on numbers and responses.

See ya fri plant lover

Diane

Manclass

Postby Manclass » Wed, 23 May 2007 11:31 pm

Great thanks, that'll make things a lot easier! By the way, I'm not much of plant fan, they always seem to die on me and out here they're just a haven for weird bugs!

Re your question Peridot7, am cool to do the odd thing mid-week as well if anything goes on....?

peridot7

Postby peridot7 » Wed, 23 May 2007 11:42 pm

Highlander sounds fun! but unforatunately i work till 9...i hope you guys have a blast.
maybe something next week could be arranged if anyone is interested

koala

Postby koala » Wed, 23 May 2007 11:55 pm

Highlander sounds good! good vibe to that place.

Top stuff Diane for organising! See you guys there. I'll try to be on time this time ;-)
'When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading!!' - Henry Youngman