Singapore Expats Forum

ipod nano prices

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
et_swoosh

ipod nano prices

Postby et_swoosh » Sun, 20 May 2007 8:07 pm

hi everyone. a lot of people are telling me that it's cheaper to by electronics at Sim Lim Square.

** Can someone tell me or at least go there to check how much is an
IPOD NANO 2GB and 4GB is? :D

** how much in Singapore Dollars?

Thanks. Hope to receive your answers. :wink:

Matney
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Matney » Sun, 20 May 2007 10:23 pm

Don't know about Simlim, but at the Apple shop we purchaed a 4 GB for less than $330a couple of weeks ago.

et_swoosh

Postby et_swoosh » Mon, 21 May 2007 12:19 pm

Matney wrote:Don't know about Simlim, but at the Apple shop we purchaed a 4 GB for less than $330a couple of weeks ago.

i need to know how much in Sim Lim. cause it's cheaper there i guess.

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 21 May 2007 2:09 pm

et_swoosh wrote:
Matney wrote:Don't know about Simlim, but at the Apple shop we purchaed a 4 GB for less than $330a couple of weeks ago.

Why not walk over and see what it costs?

rhino
Regular
Regular

Postby rhino » Mon, 21 May 2007 7:34 pm

Given the price controls Apple puts on the distribution of its products, "shopping around" i would say isn't going to yield fantastic results. I think I've only really seen iPods on sale when they are trying to get rid of them because Apple has superceded them.

et_swoosh

Postby et_swoosh » Mon, 21 May 2007 8:07 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
et_swoosh wrote:

I'm not in Singapore right now.. that's why i need to know... for me to save money becuase i'm gonna buy one on June (when i get there)

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Mon, 21 May 2007 8:19 pm

et_swoosh wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
et_swoosh wrote:

I'm not in Singapore right now.. that's why i need to know... for me to save money becuase i'm gonna buy one on June (when i get there)

Where are you? Electronics in Singapore rarely cost less than elsewhere... and as another poster pointed out, Apple controls the price of IPod... won't see much discounting anywhere.

galfreedom

Postby galfreedom » Tue, 22 May 2007 3:14 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
et_swoosh wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:
et_swoosh wrote:

Where are you? Electronics in Singapore rarely cost less than elsewhere... and as another poster pointed out, Apple controls the price of IPod... won't see much discounting anywhere.

HI, I've always been with impression that electronics in Singapore cost less than in M'sia (e.g. cameras and hps)? I'm not sure of the price of Apple Ipod Nano 2GB/4GB but for the Apple Ipod Video 30GB, I know its retailing at RM1099 in M'sia. Anyone knows how much is it retailing in Singapore? If yes, then can compare the price cos as a matter of fact, I just won one black unit in competition and the retail price is indicated in the box. :) As I've got no use for it, if anyone keen, I can sell you mine cheaply. Cheers!

rob w

Postby rob w » Wed, 23 May 2007 11:28 am

I've just checked the price online in the UK and its approximately the same price in the UK as Malaysia, I would guess its near enough the same price here . I checked in Bangkok duty free last year and they were also the same price as the UK.
I thing Apple has the price thing in the bag!
Rob

galfreedom

Postby galfreedom » Wed, 23 May 2007 12:36 pm

rob w wrote:I've just checked the price online in the UK and its approximately the same price in the UK as Malaysia, I would guess its near enough the same price here . I checked in Bangkok duty free last year and they were also the same price as the UK.
I thing Apple has the price thing in the bag!

Hi Rob, I've got your PM. Unfortunately I can't seem to PM you (keep getting the error message that I have not enough posts so can't utilise the PM function). Could you email me at galfreedom@yahoo.com.sg Thanks.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 23 May 2007 3:42 pm

Galfreedom,
You need to make 5 posts before your PM function will work, this is to prevent spam.

galfreedom

Postby galfreedom » Wed, 30 May 2007 12:08 am

Plavt wrote:Galfreedom,
You need to make 5 posts before your PM function will work, this is to prevent spam.

Hi Plavt,

Many thanks for the info :)

Venusblossom

help ??

Postby Venusblossom » Wed, 06 Jun 2007 7:07 pm

Suggest me a good ipod .....
i don't mind paying more if iam getting the best service and quality .

Venus