Singapore Expats

Part time maid dilemma

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Jasmine08

Part time maid dilemma

Post by Jasmine08 » Mon, 14 May 2007 1:16 pm

I know there has been many threads on part time maids

but no recommendation of aggencies, I have one at the mo, she's great except she ripes my curtains and has snapped or cracked 2 cook knives, don't ask how as she denies it all though working on my new knife already :shock:

It's simple chores really, once a week for 3 hours just doing the floor cleaning, bathroom and kitchen, laundry too

and of course i need a legal one.

Please some true genuine recommendations from your own experience to help :???:

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Post by seasider » Mon, 14 May 2007 10:05 pm

Hi, do a search of this forum for "First Care" - a couple of us have recommended them.

Jasmine08

Post by Jasmine08 » Tue, 15 May 2007 11:56 am

cheers seasider for your reply

I've search many threads, however no solid recommendations, just pointing out there are many agencies out there.

Thanks for suggesting First care, i'll give them ago. hopefully no more damage will be done as it's hard to explain to the landlord that my maid did it, prob will have to replace the torn curtains :roll:

Any other recommendations will be welcomed :D

German_Expat

kitchen knives

Post by German_Expat » Tue, 05 Jun 2007 12:25 pm

have one at the mo, she's great except she ripes my curtains and has snapped or cracked 2 cook knives, don't ask how as she denies it all though working on my new knife already

Hahaha.... your maid is either very frustrated or your knives are cheap

AmyMar

Post by AmyMar » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:27 pm

Just be sure that she's a Singaporean or PR. The Singapore govt is very strict about this. Our helper of 2 years is a Singaporean Chinese lady and she's an angel!:D