Singapore Expats Forum

Strange phone calls

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

jpatokal

Strange phone calls

Postby jpatokal » Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:12 pm

Phone call this morning in the office:

Ring ring!

Yours truly: Good morning, X Pte Ltd
Caller: Morning, could you tell me where your office is located?
(now that was strange, why didn't you introduce yourself?)
YT: Hmm...? Sorry, but can I ask who is calling?
Caller: Oh, er, I have a meeting at your office...
(you still didn't introduce yourself, and there are two people in the office today and I'm pretty sure you ain't meeting either one of us, bubba!)
YT: Who do you have a meeting with?
Caller: Oh, well, I, err, never mind. <hangs up>

Any ideas what on earth was going on? It's fairly obvious that our caller was up to no good, but I'm still baffled by what he was hoping to achieve: if you punch our public phone number into Google, the first result you get contains the company's full address! Maybe it was just a particularly clueless MLM salesman or something, trying to dredge up places to do cold calls in person..

Hello,hello..any1 there?

Re: Strange phone calls

Postby Hello,hello..any1 there? » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:48 pm

jpatokal wrote:Phone call this morning in the office:

Ring ring!

Yours truly: Good morning, X Pte Ltd
Caller: Morning, could you tell me where your office is located?
(now that was strange, why didn't you introduce yourself?)
YT: Hmm...? Sorry, but can I ask who is calling?
Caller: Oh, er, I have a meeting at your office...
(you still didn't introduce yourself, and there are two people in the office today and I'm pretty sure you ain't meeting either one of us, bubba!)
YT: Who do you have a meeting with?
Caller: Oh, well, I, err, never mind. <hangs up>

Any ideas what on earth was going on? It's fairly obvious that our caller was up to no good, but I'm still baffled by what he was hoping to achieve: if you punch our public phone number into Google, the first result you get contains the company's full address! Maybe it was just a particularly clueless MLM salesman or something, trying to dredge up places to do cold calls in person..

I think someone was looking for you jpatokal. The call sounds rather dubious to me. Did you report the caller to the police for investigation. You never know it might be your wife checking up on you..if you are really at the office or somewhere else. Who knows!!!

I think you should take these kinds of calls and callers very seriously in future. :lol: :lol:

On the other hand the caller might have been deaf and dumb :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby Guest » Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:52 pm

Oh my Gawd :lol: