Singapore Expats Forum

Melbourne girl 19 moving to Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Dream.Avenue

Postby Dream.Avenue » Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:37 pm

i(L)melb wrote:Sorry Ive been running around crazy... go here and my grandpa passed away... so it has been very....hectic could be the word? I would love to meet some people... still have no friends!! I'm hanging out with my cousins and we have not much in common.. they go to school.. hang with school friends... and so here I am hanging around orchard marina and vivo all by myself!..

yeah, mate, i totally dig wot ur saying. ive just spent much of today by myself, checking this country out. oh well :-| Anyhow, really sorry to hear bout ur grandpa. my grandpa passed in 2004 and even now, i still sometimes feel the empty sinking feeling so i feel u on this too

SEEN

Meetups?

Postby SEEN » Wed, 13 Jun 2007 8:27 pm

Hey there, since everyone is hanging about by themselves, why don't we meet up?? And make things up along the way?

How about Marina Square? Saturday? There's pool, snooker, bowling, movies, karoke...or we can just have a coffee!!
Last edited by SEEN on Sun, 17 Jun 2007 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

ianton

Postby ianton » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 4:00 am

welcome back! ;)

i'm sure by joining here, you will have heaps of activities going on.

cheers,
ianton
Cheers,
Ianton
"Life's Good"

moppiedude

Postby moppiedude » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:35 am

Man, there's this cafe chain - toastbox i presume - they serve a kick-ass peanut butter toast. Though I just wish they provided a choice of breads. Peanut butter, mmmmalicious :) It's worth checking out if you folks are wandering around plaza singapura. Several other outlets around town I hear.

ballbeeyo

Postby ballbeeyo » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 2:16 pm

hello! :D
hope you will have a wonderful stay in singapore! :)

cheerios,
Bobby.

wamuyu

also from melbourne!

Postby wamuyu » Sat, 23 Jun 2007 6:12 pm

been looking 4 people to have a goodtime with.hope we can hang out.
wanna have fun?

blackroze80

hi!

Postby blackroze80 » Sat, 07 Jul 2007 2:20 am

hi melbourne gal :) how are you adjusting here??anyway i'd love to hang out with you!i'll pm you my number ya? :)

vjsimon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby vjsimon » Sun, 15 Jul 2007 2:02 am

Welcome to Singapore and I hope you enjoy your stay here and meet lots of wonderful people who might become your good friends. All the best in your search. :)

thuvan_t

Re: Melbourne girl 19 moving to Singapore

Postby thuvan_t » Mon, 22 Oct 2007 4:15 pm

i(L)melb wrote:Hi Everyone,
Im moving to Singapore next week and have no friends! I was born in Singapore but have lived all my life in Melbourne. So even though I'm pan asian I feel more Australian than Singaporean...(shhh don't tell the government) I would love to meet some friends. It's weird because I am so used to being the "odd" one in my group of friends who are all Caucasian. I hope I don't get too much of a culture shock. Definately taking Vegemite with me... :)

Hey!
You sound very similar to me. I'm 20 from Australia - Sydney, not Melbourne, but still. And I have arrived to Singapore a month ago. My background is Viet, but grew up in Sydney. Love to be your friend! We can relate in so many ways! =]

gilliant1

Postby gilliant1 » Mon, 22 Oct 2007 5:58 pm

Hi,

Not sure what ages you guys are but I am 23 and have been in Singapore for 8 weeks now, moved here from Scotland.

Theres another thread on here Girlfriends only but I am the youngest person who goes to those meetings so might be a bit older than you guys.

However, I am up for meeting loads of new friends while I am here and always up for a laugh and a good time so if you're arranging something I would probably join you guys too.

x x x

thuvan_t

Postby thuvan_t » Mon, 22 Oct 2007 6:20 pm

Hey gilliant1.
Yeah I have browsed through that forum too, and it sounded like everyone is about in their late 20's.
Well I'd love to meet and hang out. I mean.. you and I are 3 years apart - we can have many gossips with that age difference right?
Jot me an email or msn me on:
thuvan_t@hotmail.com
Or anyone that's interested in meeting a 20 years old girl from Australia here.