Singapore Expats

American Football

Find your sports & recreational partners & Teams here.
jshin

Great day of playing

Post by jshin » Sat, 18 Apr 2009 9:31 pm

So this where you guys hang out when you're not trash talking on the field or sidelines...

I had a blast today, though my ankle hates me for it. I'll be here for another 2 weekends go around. So, hope to see you boys couple more time before heading back stateside.

ahb40

Post by ahb40 » Sun, 19 Apr 2009 8:11 pm

Hi, i have never played american football, but i really loved the game. And one of my new year resolution this year is to try as many new things as possible.
So issit possible for me to join you guys?
My e-mail is [email protected]
Can someone add me to the distribution list?

MuZaTa

Hi.

Post by MuZaTa » Wed, 22 Apr 2009 8:07 am

Hi,

i am really intrested in joining a team and learn the game play of american football. is that possible to contact mi at [email protected]? my msn.

Austin512TX
Regular
Regular

Post by Austin512TX » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 5:18 pm

Hi All;

Your are invited in our CHAMPIONSHIP GAME this Saturday 24th

Time: 9:00 AM
Venue: Bugis (our usual location)

Come and support us. Thanks !

wanshin

Coaches anyone?

Post by wanshin » Sun, 03 May 2009 11:07 pm

Hi,

I am interested in American Football, and would like to try it, can I join you one Saturday?

I am currently a student, and would like to start an American Football CCA in my school, or with collaboration with another school. This is still in the concept stage, and I have yet to ask the school admin, but I just want to know if there are any people who would be interested in coaching JC level students? (paid of course)

I have almost no experience in American Football (only threw and kicked it a couple of times), but I do have interest. I want to take up the challenge of starting a CCA as well.

My contact is [email protected] .

Please do drop me a mail if you are willing to go on this daring venture to arouse interest in American Football in Singapore.

More details would be given in the mail.

Thank you!

Ptown

Post by Ptown » Wed, 06 May 2009 1:26 pm

Hello.

I was born in Singapore, but I've pretty much been raised in the US for most of my life. I'm a student, and I'll be coming back for summer vacation. I would like to join you guys for the period that I am there, in order to get some exercise, as well as enjoy my vacation. I have a bit of experience playing American football, on my school's team this year.

Would you all mind if I joined in with your group, as I would like to enjoy playing football in Singapore? Also, if you guys are not playing on certain dates between July to mid-August, would you kindly contact me at my email, [email protected].

Thanks.

brownrugby

playing football

Post by brownrugby » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:24 am

Hey guys,

I just got transferred here from Houston. Don't know too many people. Would love to play some football. I played football in high school and rugby at college. Let me know if you guys have room for another person.

My email is [email protected] or [email protected]

Hope to hear from you.

newsgexpat

Post by newsgexpat » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 5:25 pm

I am from the U.S. and just moved to SG. I am very interested in playing American football. I've played plenty of touch/flag football on the streets/parks with friends growing up, but never in an official league. My contact info is [email protected]. Thanks.

dan13040

Post by dan13040 » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 11:50 pm

hi,

im new to this but very eager and interested to start learning and playing the game. do you guys mind if i come down to the practice area to have a tryout?

you can contact me at [email protected]

Taoism32

Replies

Post by Taoism32 » Tue, 23 Jun 2009 5:37 pm

I have added a few of you to our mailing list. Let me know if you did not recieve an e-mail from me.

Tks,
David

Austin512TX
Regular
Regular

Post by Austin512TX » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 5:42 pm

Thanks for joining us everyone. We had one of the best practice session last Saturday. Look forward to see you all again.

Below are the list of DOs and DONTs

DOs

1. A set of black and white shirts so it's easy for us to divide up the teams.
2. Cleats
3. Willingness to learn and have fun
4. We're all doing it voluntarily out of our love for the sport, so please help out when you can. Simple stuff like setting up the field, bringing the cones, markers etc.

DON'Ts
1. Don't be late, we start at 9:15 AM

Thanks everyone
:D

Austin512TX
Regular
Regular

Post by Austin512TX » Mon, 29 Jun 2009 5:45 pm

Mikey

Post by Mikey » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 6:26 pm

You guys should check grid-iron.org ;)

Austin512TX
Regular
Regular

Post by Austin512TX » Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:49 am

We will be playing the Indonesian Flag Football team on 15th August (maybe 16th morning) in Jakarta. The plan at the moment is to leave on the 14th and return on 16th. We haven't confirmed the itinery yet but you will be paying for hotel accommodation, flight ticket, local transportation, food plus other expandables.
Please do let us know if you want to join. We will then proceed with the rest of the bookings.
Separately, for some of the players that don't own a green devil jerseys but would like one please do let us know. The cost is S$50 per jersey. We need a minimum of 10 orders to proceed with this.

kira0060

Can I know where can i get an american football in Singapore

Post by kira0060 » Wed, 22 Jul 2009 1:37 pm

Sorry to ask.. Where can I get an american football in Singapore.. I have been searching but i only found rugby's ball.
I wanna ask if whether all of you are playing every week at bugis or only selected weeks?
Last but not least, is there a age limit for joining you guys play?