Singapore Expats

withdrawing an accepted job offer :(

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ky0ko

withdrawing an accepted job offer :(

Post by ky0ko » Mon, 30 Apr 2007 8:53 pm

i unexpectedly recieved another offer (also in singapore) which comes very close to my dream job and i wanted to withdraw from the job offer i accepted a few weeks ago. i know it's unethical and I am feeling extremely bad about it but i would have probably regretted not accepting this second job offer for the rest of my life. does anybody know what the legal implications are since I have already signed the conditional job offer of the first job?

i was afraid they'll blacklist me as they are currently processing my s-pass. :(

Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

lulita_thana

withdrawing an accepted job offer

Post by lulita_thana » Wed, 02 May 2007 12:00 am

You are very fortunate to be in the position where you can choose, many people are struggling just to get an interview.

Providing that you have not signed 'the letter of offer' from the first offer, you should be able to withdraw the verbal acceptance. It is not a good practice because the verbal acceptance is considered a binding contract. Make sure you do it nicely.

Good luck.
Lord please help me from Singapore...