Singapore Expats Forum

Old Changi Hospital

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Kristii
Regular
Regular

Old Changi Hospital

Postby Kristii » Sun, 29 Apr 2007 5:24 pm

Hey guys!!

Just wondering - is the old changi hospital what everyone makes out it to be - well not everyone but what ive read from the internet - is a "a big haunted old hospital with lots of weird stuff that happens" or is it just an old building thats just sitting there??

anyone been there??

Just interested - think i would be way to scared to go out there. haha
They have a guard and dogs out there now dont they??

I was reading up about it last night and before i knew it it was 3.30am - guess it kinda "sparked" my interest :D - im such a nerd haha!
Maybe Singapore should be called the "Sunburnt Country" instead of Australia....
I seem to be getting more "sunburnt" here then i did back home lol!

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Winxkid » Sun, 29 Apr 2007 10:44 pm

Old Changi Hospital building at Halton Road to reopen for new uses
The old Changi Hospital, a 70-year-old State building at Halton Road, will soon be opened for public tender to a range of new uses.
The tender is up to a maximum of 9 years, based on a 3-year renewable tenancy.

The Singapore Land Authority (SLA) will put the property up for public tender next month for interested enterprises and businesses to rejuvenate the building.

Allowable uses include commercial, privately funded or foreign system school, students' hostel, bed and breakfast, chalet, spa, arts studio, recreational clubs and adventure camp site.

It is hoped this will give the site a new lease of life with its time-treasured scenic and laid-back ambience.

Historically, the old Changi Hospital was a military hospital before it became a public acute hospital in the mid-1970s.

During the Japanese Occupation, it housed prisoners of war, some of whom were brutally tortured.

In recent times, the building had been used for on-location shoots of local drama series, theatrical productions and has even attracted some urban legend seekers.

On Saturday morning, over 100 medical staff and families of the new Changi General Hospital will be going down memory lane with a trail at the former site.

For more details on the tender, you can log onto the SLA. Friday May 26, 10:17 PM

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Winxkid » Sun, 29 Apr 2007 11:10 pm

apparently, some development win the bid & is turning it into a spa.

renovation work should be going on by now.

if You are interested in the spiritual history of it, You can actually go to Singapore Paranormal Investigators & browse through their forum.

Kristii
Regular
Regular

Postby Kristii » Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:10 am

OoO

Thanks ! :D
Maybe Singapore should be called the "Sunburnt Country" instead of Australia....

I seem to be getting more "sunburnt" here then i did back home lol!

RimBlock
Regular
Regular

Postby RimBlock » Fri, 04 May 2007 9:36 am

Hi,

Have a look here for some pictures of the old site and as mentioned by WinxKid SPI has a page with some history and pictures here.

It is interesting that the SLA have listed it as accepting tenders but the SLA one stop shop website does not seem to have it listed under open or closed tenders. Maybe it has now been removed from the site. Some other interresting buildings there for rent though like old CC's, schools, former CID and SCDF training facilities.

There are a number of sites brought up by Google which are quite interesting reading.

Seems like it was quite heavily visited though with a lot of 'ghostly' sightings being other people wandering around. :)

Cheers
RB

RimBlock
Regular
Regular

Postby RimBlock » Fri, 04 May 2007 11:08 am

Link for information on the new use for the building can be found here.

RB

aquapixy

Postby aquapixy » Sun, 06 May 2007 1:24 pm

I'm local born singaporean.. and well all singaporeans know that's a hell creepy place..

There are chalets located in Changi and Singaporeans love to go there for gatherings.. and changi can be a fairly secluded place.. sometimes i feel when i am walking around alone.. someone is watching me.. although there is no one around.. but there are tours conducted by the Singapore Paranormal Investigators to Old Changi Hospital.. So if you wanna experience those creeps.. just Google Singapore Paranormal Investigators.. I'm sure they are happy to show you around..

youdunsay
Regular
Regular

Postby youdunsay » Wed, 23 May 2007 2:51 pm

My cousins and their friends and my friends and friends of friends did went for tour around there in the middle of the night. I think it is highly unadvisable to go because all I have got were negative comments about their creepy experience there.

Well if you are one of them I think then you should also have heard before the Red House at pasir ris, if I am not mistaken.

sq009
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sq009 » Thu, 24 May 2007 12:51 am

I served my NS just opposite of Old Changi Hospital... I just went back last friday... Well its still there, it still looks as scary as hell, I've heard of werid stories and I dont want to find out more. haha.

Neighbouring buildings looks spooky too, that includes the old commando camp where an old man with a spade will appear once in a while (not sure why is he there, or whether he's real)
In Pursuit Of Excellence and Perfection

E-T

Postby E-T » Thu, 24 May 2007 8:14 pm

Been there several times. Heard alot of creepy noises but I must admit I saw NOTHING with my own eyes. The noises can be easily dismissed as creeking wood since the place is pretty old with lotsa trash around.

CGH is also well known for cults activities for a while, but it is not commonly seen now. I have personally seen one of their small gatherings, and I don't exactly take it as scary or related to supernatural.

LT
Regular
Regular

Postby LT » Sun, 01 Jul 2007 2:53 am

sq009 wrote:I served my NS just opposite of Old Changi Hospital... I just went back last friday... Well its still there, it still looks as scary as hell, I've heard of werid stories and I dont want to find out more. haha.

Neighbouring buildings looks spooky too, that includes the old commando camp where an old man with a spade will appear once in a while (not sure why is he there, or whether he's real)

Hi,

You were from the Hendon Camp???