Singapore Expats

kids barber

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
ffsgrelier
Regular
Regular

kids barber

Post by ffsgrelier » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 6:49 pm

Good evening,

My boys hair is growing out of control in Singapore and i was wondering if anyone knew of a good barber i could take them to around the great World City area or clarke Quay. Someone mentionned a regular hairdresser but said to expect paying around $30 each. A tad exxpensiv or is it the usual price ?
Thanks for any recommendation

danuse

Post by danuse » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:31 pm

I paid less than $15 for my son´s haircut. He had his hair cut in our condo. There is a kid´s barber at the basement of Plaza Singapura - next to Carrefour but I do not know how much they charge. Hope this helps.

sq009
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sq009 » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 1:06 am

There is a kids barber at united square too. If you want something cheaper, you can try tiong bahru or redhill where kids can get a haircut at about $5. I stay at RV so should be quite near your place. Hope this helps
In Pursuit Of Excellence and Perfection

n&a

Post by n&a » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:14 am

i have two kids , n we go to the saloons near our house , they charge us 6 -10 $ only , n they are gud too..
ah, i live in jurong...

*sasha*

Post by *sasha* » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 9:18 pm

At first I brought my kids to this child salon (think its Junior League, cant really remember!) at United Square. They also have outlets (that I hv seen) at Plaza S'pura (as mentioned by Danuse), Paragon Level 5 & Suntec Level 3. Haircuts here costs $16 per child but they hv TV at each station & toys. Guess its a good form of distraction for the youinger kids.

Now I take them to a barber at the HDB blocks & get charged only $5 per child. Ask first though. A normal hairdresser wld charge abt $30 for a cut, wash & blow.

I think near Great World are some HDB flats at Zion Rd & you may want to check if there are any barbers there.

You may also want to check out Kimage at Funan IT Mall. I heard as it has a school of hairdressing there so its cheaper if you request for a student or junior stylist to cut.

Good luck!

sq009
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sq009 » Sun, 29 Apr 2007 2:21 am

Oh... Theres none along zion road... The nearest will be further down near delta. I agree with sasha, the TV and the Toys will distract the kids =), thus easier haircuts =)
In Pursuit Of Excellence and Perfection

sillingw
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sillingw » Mon, 07 May 2007 2:04 pm

toys r us at vivo city has a kids hairdresser inside and there is another one just outside toys r us in suntec city - kills two birds with one stone. Very reasonable prices too

ExpatCdn

Post by ExpatCdn » Wed, 09 May 2007 8:33 pm

I saw a hair dressers at United Square.

Jill

farlene
Chatter
Chatter

Post by farlene » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 8:13 pm

Is this tpoic still up for discussion?

My 3 year old son, Zander, hates having his hair cut & he's starting to look like a girl!!! He will start to cry etc etc cos he's not used to the barber/hair sresser. His Gramps (me dad) has been trimming his hair all these time bt I'm sick of it & I reckon Zander needs a proper haircut.

Heard of the kids salon/barber @ harbourfront/vivocity are they any good?
Also, what about the one @ Parkway parade?
Suggestions anyone?

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Mon, 05 Dec 2011 9:09 pm

There is one near most Toys R Us can't remember the name, they are just like QB House but with Ben 10 or similar on the tell and they get a balloon and a sweet after and it's $25 instead of $10! my kids both like QB house an I let them watch Ben 10/Hello Kitty on you tube on my phone ;)

nunut
nutnut

farlene
Chatter
Chatter

Post by farlene » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 7:23 am

@nutnut : thx so much. My son goes crazy when a stranger does his hair. I will try this place since a lot of ppl have recommended it. $25 for a kid's haircut, that's pretty steep tho...
nutnut wrote:There is one near most Toys R Us can't remember the name, they are just like QB House but with Ben 10 or similar on the tell and they get a balloon and a sweet after and it's $25 instead of $10! my kids both like QB house an I let them watch Ben 10/Hello Kitty on you tube on my phone ;)

nunut

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 8:34 am

Headblade.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 10:46 am

farlene wrote:@nutnut : thx so much. My son goes crazy when a stranger does his hair. I will try this place since a lot of ppl have recommended it. $25 for a kid's haircut, that's pretty steep tho...
nutnut wrote:There is one near most Toys R Us can't remember the name, they are just like QB House but with Ben 10 or similar on the tell and they get a balloon and a sweet after and it's $25 instead of $10! my kids both like QB house an I let them watch Ben 10/Hello Kitty on you tube on my phone ;)

nunut
Yes, $25 is expensive, but they prey on those who's kids are afraid of hairdressers ;) all their hairdressers are all Aunties and tendto be good with kids, there are no male ones that I have seen nor ones that are not chatty. Good luck!

I still say that distracting them with an iphone and taking them to QB house is the same minus stickers and a balloon (you can always do that for $2 later and a trip to OSIM for a balloon if you must ;) ) It saves you $15 right away.
nutnut

farlene
Chatter
Chatter

Post by farlene » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 4:22 pm

that sounds like a plan but as much as I'm not looking forward to his teenage years but i would like to attempt to live through it.
thank for the suggestion SMS

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Headblade.

farlene
Chatter
Chatter

Post by farlene » Tue, 06 Dec 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks nutnut.
i appreciate your help.

nunut[/quote][/quote]

Yes, $25 is expensive, but they prey on those who's kids are afraid of hairdressers ;) all their hairdressers are all Aunties and tendto be good with kids, there are no male ones that I have seen nor ones that are not chatty. Good luck!

I still say that distracting them with an iphone and taking them to QB house is the same minus stickers and a balloon (you can always do that for $2 later and a trip to OSIM for a balloon if you must ;) ) It saves you $15 right away.[/quote]