Singapore Expats Forum

Guitar or other intstruments. Jammin, practising or classes.

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
katman

Guitar or other intstruments. Jammin, practising or classes.

Postby katman » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 2:20 pm

Ive been playin around an year. Acoustic . Went for classes in Chicago but i m losing touch now. Any one up for guitar jammin/practising, or joinin some classes or just learnin together. groups of 3,4 is fun I think. wanna take to next level.I have a mixer,recorder (garage rock)in my MAC. we could try to record a song. in that case, other instruments will be good company. And I am big fan of 70s 80s and early 90s rock.
We can also book a recording room. think some 10 $ for an hour.

Bernie75

Postby Bernie75 » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 4:54 pm

Ooooh tis is cool, I have been looking for ppl to just practise/ learn together for AGES.... I took classes at Yamaha and Believer's music and then spent some time in a church group with fellow members who were interested in playing/ learning together but the church went through a renovation and nobody revived the guitar group after that.....we never played rock though :o

Anyway, I have a cool office that we can use (City Hall), but its been been ages since I touched the guitar AND I'll only be here till 8th May and after that I'll be avail again after June 20th.....Im good on Tues and Thurs after 6pm....maybe we can decide on a simple song to start with and then take it from there....

SEBASTIAN : if you are reading this, how's your guitar sessions coming along? Do you want to join in?

zebby838
Regular
Regular

Postby zebby838 » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 8:17 pm

Hi..i am interested too...haven't been playing guitar for a long time..if you guys dont mind..keep me posted ok...

jaytea

Postby jaytea » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:37 pm

hi, i have a bass guitar that i've hardly touched... wouldn't mind giving it a shot in a band :)

katman

Postby katman » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 6:11 pm

Great ! Lets get this goin.
We will start off with Thrusday or even this tuesday. I will confirm. At your 'cool' office. Bernie, hope to record a few songs before you leave.
I am just a beginner, nothing fancy; mostly been lookin at sheet music andplayin. I can play any number until I keep practicing on the strings.
There are real cool numbers of 70s and 80s to dig into, that youll be intersted, like my friends were.
we can record or perhapsshoot video for fun. why not, I jus always wanted to hone my music skills and take to the next level. But wherever it takes )!
Zebby, Jeytea, Sebastian - Wat do u guys think?

Bernie75

Postby Bernie75 » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 7:21 pm

WOOHOOO, ok Thurs is cool with me....we are the same boat in terms of playing, I play real simple tunes, so no worries....leave me Tues to brush up cos I havent touched my guitar in ages :cry:

Ok, PM me for my office address and we'll start this Thurs (after 6pm) :D

katman

Postby katman » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 6:50 pm

Bernie
Apaprently I have somethin that has cropped up for Thurs, somethin important. I m not yet sure of time. Or will you be willin to hang on late i n the night ? Else, how does few hours by the weekend or next tues sound. I hate to postpone

Bernie75

Postby Bernie75 » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:56 am

Katman, no worries, Im cool with next Tues....members of this forum who know me can vouch that Im in Snoozeland in the late hours :D

Bernie75

Postby Bernie75 » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:30 am

Katman, I just realised that coming Tues is 1st May and its a public holiday, this means I'll be nowhere near my office :D

So let me know if you're ok with Thurs, 3rd May

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Music

Postby prkravi » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 12:10 am

Im a beginner keyboard player, but i can manage with sheet notes, even other wise its fun to be around with ppl who love music.
Can i jump in? But my instrument is a fixed keyboard the DJX 500 cant carry it around!! :(

jaytea

Postby jaytea » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 3:07 am

hi all,

Just wondering how we going to sort out amps and such?

I only have a bass and a lead.. no amp :/

Snowfly
Regular
Regular

Postby Snowfly » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:10 pm

hi, i'd like to join you guys! i miss my guitar from back home and was considering getting a replacement this weekend.

i used to play lead in an acoustic guitar band in college. it's my favorite setup, and i've got garage band on my mac too, so i can help out with the mixing/mastering if we do a demo. :) but mostly just wanna jam!

katman

Postby katman » Sun, 29 Apr 2007 9:32 pm

Well, so let us make it this Thurs. Bernie, could you forward the exact venue and time to meet up ? You can pm me.
Snowfly. it was good to meet you last night, unexpectedly. Small world !
Keith - pack up your sax for thurs if you seein this.
Others - Show up with your gears.
Well, we were contemplatin on comin up with a theme and shootin it for youtube. We can compose and record. Or we can do a parody :-). We r basically lookin to have some fun and learnin. We can start with jammin and see where we all stand.

Wat are you thoughts folks ?

Bernie75

Postby Bernie75 » Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:55 am

Hi Katman and all,

Ok, I wasnt expecting a large turnout, 4-5 at max....it might be a little squeezy if more than 5 show up, so lets see how this Thurs goes. Katman I'll pm you my address, the rest, if you want the address, please PM me for it, so Im aware who is going to show up

All else sounds cool although Im not sure I like the idea of putting the video up on YouTube :?

How about 7pm?

Bernie75

Sorry :(

Postby Bernie75 » Tue, 01 May 2007 10:35 pm

Hi Katman and all

I cant make it this Thurs :( something urgent came up and I need to attend to it. I will join you guys when I get back in June

Cheers
Bernie