Singapore Expats Forum

New guy

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

New guy

Postby swinler » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 3:30 am

Hi guys

I'm flying out to Singapore next weekend (28th April) to work for a month in my company's office out there. I also have a job offer on the table for a two year posting to Singapore. I don't have to accept or decline the job offer until after my month out there.

I'm kinda viewing the month in Singapore as a trial period to see if I would like to live there longer term. I'd really appreciate some help on what kind of things I should do or see in the space of a month that would give me a real feel for the place. Also, what's the ex-pat community like? Is anyone around during that month that would like to show me round etc..

Any thoughts would be well received.

Gypsy Queen

Postby Gypsy Queen » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 6:56 am

Hey there!

I have been in singapore for a few months now and came over from london.. I am having the best time ever! The expat community is great and I have met a lot of great people through this forum so its well worth going along to the wednesday night drinking club as its a great way to meet fellow expats. If u want 2 join us 4 a drink while u are here then let me know, I was a newbie too not that long ago so know how it feels! Sing. is a very sociable place and I think most of us here settled in pretty quickly. There are a lot of cool places to see like Chinatown, Little Indian, Sentosa island, Clarke Quay/Boat Quay/ St James Power station for nights out. Use the forum as much as possible and join up to the nights if there are any organised while you are here as I am sure you will make some good friends through that. You will have a blast so enjoy it but do let me know if you wanna come out with us too! :D

Postby mf21277 » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:37 am

I am still new here, it has been few months now. I have been to the weekday drinking club, it was really nice to meet ppl, especially if you do not have any frineds outside work fellows. No worries, there are quite a number of ppl who relpcated or are relocating. I am sure you will find no problem here!!