Singapore Expats Forum

Crime pays in UK

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Crime pays in UK

Postby ksl » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 2:57 am

This is what i have been ranting on about for ages, the UK is so screwed up, that it can't see the damage it is doing, or the signals it sends out to everyone. And/Or maybe they the judges are all on the payroll or clients :shock:

Pay the fine or do another year prison, but you can keep the 2 million quid you made :evil: What about the poor old victims?

They will probably get state handouts!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 577581.stm

SMS or anyother mod, you can move this from the stricktly speaking to the general discussion, it was posted here by error.

ashnd76

Postby ashnd76 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:49 pm

There seems to be peculiarity in English Law, and somewhat injustice thereby manifested.

The issue you raised are not only in the domain of criminal law i.e prositution but it touches on the law of contract, namely issues if illegality and immorality.

Lawyers would recall that in the early 19th century in the famous case of Pearce v Brooke, there was injustice and unjust enrichment, but the English courts refuse to admit or hear cases involving illegality and immorality esp. prostitution.

There have been countless criticisms in this area, but generally courts are reluctant when cases before them are "tainted with immorality"

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:03 am

Your wish is my command........ :mrgreen:

Plavt
Director
Director

Re: Crime pays in UK

Postby Plavt » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 1:28 am

ksl wrote:e. And/Or maybe they the judges are all on the payroll or clients :shock:

:shock: They are the clients aren't they? - Thank you ksl, I have a new use for my council flat. :P :lol: :lol: :devil: :devil:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Tue, 26 Jun 2007 1:40 am

450,000 pound fraud! Sentence cut, because he paid tax on it :???: :roll: what next?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 238062.stm