Singapore Expats Forum

Air tickets to Cambodia

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

one843
Regular
Regular

Air tickets to Cambodia

Postby one843 » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 7:39 am

I keep hereing about these cheap flights to Cambodia and Thailand and all these other SE Asian countrys but everytime I try to find them I can't.

Either I am being fed a bunch of sh@t or I am not looking at the right time and the right day. I am think the later.

Anyone have any tips for me. I do not want to fly on a patty jumper.
"If you fear change, you fear success"

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 5:45 pm

Sign up for the Jetstar mailing list. :) You'll be sent their latest promo via email.
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

perplexsheep

Postby perplexsheep » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 9:29 am

In fact, you should subscribe to Silkair as well. Sometimes they have "2 to go" deals, and it can actually be cheaper than Jetstar. Jetstar have very limited flights to Cambodia compared to Silkair. I remember checking once when they were having a promotion, and it cost only $444 (including taxes) for 2 to fly via Silkair, and that mean it is only $222 per person.

sq009
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sq009 » Fri, 27 Apr 2007 11:30 pm

My parents just came back from cambodia... They travel with jetstar... its REALLY CHEAP...

By the way, just a word of advice... all the historical sites looks the same... and it costs US$40 for entry tickets
In Pursuit Of Excellence and Perfection

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Winxkid » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 4:52 am

sq009 wrote:My parents just came back from cambodia... They travel with jetstar... its REALLY CHEAP...

By the way, just a word of advice... all the historical sites looks the same... and it costs US$40 for entry tickets

woot.. tt's extortion....

Dolph
Regular
Regular

Angkor Wat

Postby Dolph » Fri, 04 May 2007 12:19 pm

If you had seen the size of the Angkor site and take into consideration that Cambodia is a very poor country then I certainly don't think that a tourist entry fee of $40 for 3 days' access is bad. At the moment tourists can almost go anywhere they like within the area (and indeed also do) which is causing a lot of wear and damage to the monuments. Many rich countries sponsor conservation projects etc., but it's like a drop in the ocean.

I went to Siem Reap about a month ago and loved it - flew SilkAir on a "two-for-one" deal which was very reasonable.

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Mon, 14 May 2007 5:04 pm

perplexsheep wrote:In fact, you should subscribe to Silkair as well. Sometimes they have "2 to go" deals, and it can actually be cheaper than Jetstar. Jetstar have very limited flights to Cambodia compared to Silkair.

Hmm? They both fly daily -- it's just that SilkAir does a Phnom Penh-Siem Reap-Singapore loop, while JetStar flies direct to both PP and SR on alternating days.

But you're right that Silk can have good prices when there's a promotion going on -- the only problem is that the rest of the time you have to pay through the nose.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague