Singapore Expats Forum

SAP Basis Jobs in Singapore

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

User avatar
youngindian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2007
Location: India

SAP Basis Jobs in Singapore

Postby youngindian » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 2:12 am

Hi All,

This site seems to be one of THE BEST for expats. So, just registered my self and this is my first post.

My question here is about the SAP Basis jobs in singapore.

I am from india, Engineering graduate, with 6.5 years if IT exp of which 2.5years as System Admin and 4 years as Basis administrator. Presently working for one of the world's biggest MNC for it's SAP implementation project.

Just want to move to SG for better quality of life with family. So, can someone tell me about the openings in SAP Basis (I am presently on ECC5.0, SRM, CRM, BW, XI, EP, GTS and SolMan). Also, tell me about the chances of getting a job, salaries.

If everything is positive then i go for EPEC.....is that ok in my case? or should i go for any other visa...like visit etc.

Your replies will be of great help to me, since i don't have anyone known to me living in singapore as of now.

thanks,
YI

User avatar
alanyeap
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 10 Aug 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: SAP Basis Jobs in Singapore

Postby alanyeap » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 1:01 pm

youngindian wrote:Hi All,

This site seems to be one of THE BEST for expats. So, just registered my self and this is my first post.

My question here is about the SAP Basis jobs in singapore.

I am from india, Engineering graduate, with 6.5 years if IT exp of which 2.5years as System Admin and 4 years as Basis administrator. Presently working for one of the world's biggest MNC for it's SAP implementation project.

Just want to move to SG for better quality of life with family. So, can someone tell me about the openings in SAP Basis (I am presently on ECC5.0, SRM, CRM, BW, XI, EP, GTS and SolMan). Also, tell me about the chances of getting a job, salaries.

If everything is positive then i go for EPEC.....is that ok in my case? or should i go for any other visa...like visit etc.

Your replies will be of great help to me, since i don't have anyone known to me living in singapore as of now.

thanks,
YI


You can search in jobsdb.com.sg and look for the job in IT line.
There is a lot of sap job.

You can try to send to EPS computer system pte ltd. they are IT recruitment company.

User avatar
youngindian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2007
Location: India

Postby youngindian » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 4:34 pm

Hi,

Thanks for for your reply.

I have gone through all the singapore job portals and i could see some openings for Basis.

Just want to know whether it is possible to get a job from India or do i need to travel singapore to get a interview call?

Please reply.

thanks,
YI

User avatar
alanyeap
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 10 Aug 2005
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby alanyeap » Fri, 20 Apr 2007 4:58 pm

youngindian wrote:Hi,

Thanks for for your reply.

I have gone through all the singapore job portals and i could see some openings for Basis.

Just want to know whether it is possible to get a job from India or do i need to travel singapore to get a interview call?

Please reply.

thanks,
YI


One way to know is to send your resume to you. Then you will get your answer. its all depend on them....and I am not them.

User avatar
youngindian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2007
Location: India

Postby youngindian » Sat, 21 Apr 2007 2:55 pm

Any more inputs from other expats

User avatar
youngindian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2007
Location: India

Postby youngindian » Sun, 22 Apr 2007 3:53 pm

Hi,

How about staying in india and having VOIP to make it easy for Singapore Job consultants to reach me?
Life will be easier, when you realize how hard it is...!!!

User avatar
Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 558
Joined: Wed, 10 Jan 2007
Location: Still based in Singapore but wanders around...

Postby Asian_Geekette » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:37 pm

If the interviewers really want to interview you, they'd call the contact number you provided in your resume.


Good luck!
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

deveb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat, 16 Jun 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby deveb » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 3:10 pm

Anyone can offer advice how to get into this SAP qualification? Do I need to enroll for some courses in SAP to be able to qualify for those job? How about on the job training?
AIDC Professional

User avatar
youngindian
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 19 Apr 2007
Location: India

Postby youngindian » Sun, 17 Jun 2007 8:24 pm

deveb wrote:Anyone can offer advice how to get into this SAP qualification? Do I need to enroll for some courses in SAP to be able to qualify for those job? How about on the job training?


If you get training from authorized SAP training centers then you are eligible for SAP certification or else you should have atleast 1 year of experience in SAP to appear for certification.

If you are fresher and if you got certified from SAP training center then it doesn't mean that you will land into SAP job easily

Most of the times companies will look for experienced guys. You rarely see openings in SAP for freshers.

thanks,
YI
Life will be easier, when you realize how hard it is...!!!

deveb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat, 16 Jun 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby deveb » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 2:40 pm

youngindian wrote:
deveb wrote:Anyone can offer advice how to get into this SAP qualification? Do I need to enroll for some courses in SAP to be able to qualify for those job? How about on the job training?


If you get training from authorized SAP training centers then you are eligible for SAP certification or else you should have atleast 1 year of experience in SAP to appear for certification.

If you are fresher and if you got certified from SAP training center then it doesn't mean that you will land into SAP job easily

Most of the times companies will look for experienced guys. You rarely see openings in SAP for freshers.

thanks,
YI


Hmm .. it seem like a chicken and egg problem ..
AIDC Professional


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests