Singapore Expats Forum

Flight roster of a FA

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
SIA Cabin Crew Gal
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat, 23 Sep 2006

Postby SIA Cabin Crew Gal » Wed, 16 May 2007 1:43 am

hi,

eg

10 May 07: SIN - Seoul
11 May 07: Day Off in Seoul
12 May 07: Seoul - San Fransisco
13 May 07: Day Off in San Fransisco
15 May 07: San Fransisco - Seoul
16 May 07: Day Off in Seoul
17 May 07: Seoul - SIN

After this flight pattern, 3 days off in SIN

Sometimes you get 2 days off overseas as well. eg Paris...you reach Paris on Monday morning at say 7 am...and you leave on wed morning. so even though on paper you hve 1 day off...you actaually have 2 days!

SIA Cabin Crew Gal
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat, 23 Sep 2006

4 sectors

Postby SIA Cabin Crew Gal » Wed, 16 May 2007 1:47 am

some 4 sectors...

Seoul - San Fransisco
Frankfurt - New York
Dubai - Manchester

joyfulpapaya
Regular
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu, 26 Apr 2007

Postby joyfulpapaya » Thu, 17 May 2007 12:08 pm

hi there, thanks for sharing! wow..can share with us other types of rosters? they're really really really useful!!

looking at the sin-seoul-sf-seoul-sin one, can't help but find that the 3 days rest not v long... coz office after 5 days get 2 days off over weekend...keke. of course i know cannot compare like this. :wink:

jencrs
Regular
Regular
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon, 27 Feb 2006

Postby jencrs » Thu, 17 May 2007 7:03 pm

joyfulpapaya wrote:hi there, thanks for sharing! wow..can share with us other types of rosters? they're really really really useful!!

looking at the sin-seoul-sf-seoul-sin one, can't help but find that the 3 days rest not v long... coz office after 5 days get 2 days off over weekend...keke. of course i know cannot compare like this. :wink:
don't forget the days off you get in seoul and frisco. those are rest days as well. all the time you're there you're collecting your meal allowance. and iirc, for the winter patterns you get an extra day off in frisco. A very nice and relaxed pattern. many people even bring their partners along because the many days off you get allows for plenty of sight seeing.

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 25 Apr 2007

Postby buzzzybeebee » Thu, 17 May 2007 7:35 pm

Can i ask, how long in advance will u get to know your roster? And each time do they give you your one whole month roster all at one shot? Or they give it to you on weekly basis?

User avatar
theknees
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon, 19 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby theknees » Fri, 18 May 2007 8:59 am

buzzzybeebee wrote:Can i ask, how long in advance will u get to know your roster? And each time do they give you your one whole month roster all at one shot? Or they give it to you on weekly basis?


its usually a month's roster in advance, you can check it on your crew web.
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

User avatar
theknees
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon, 19 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby theknees » Fri, 18 May 2007 9:00 am

joyfulpapaya wrote:hi there, thanks for sharing! wow..can share with us other types of rosters? they're really really really useful!!

looking at the sin-seoul-sf-seoul-sin one, can't help but find that the 3 days rest not v long... coz office after 5 days get 2 days off over weekend...keke. of course i know cannot compare like this. :wink:


you get to rest while in seoul & frisco as well leh! then u come back and get 2-3 days off, isn't that even better than office work 5 days and get 2 days off? plus not forgetting you can do some sightseeing & shopping overseas. :)
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

User avatar
theknees
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon, 19 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby theknees » Fri, 18 May 2007 9:01 am

jencrs wrote:don't forget the days off you get in seoul and frisco. those are rest days as well. all the time you're there you're collecting your meal allowance. and iirc, for the winter patterns you get an extra day off in frisco. A very nice and relaxed pattern. many people even bring their partners along because the many days off you get allows for plenty of sight seeing.


i'm in san francisco now on holiday! anyone doing a flight up to frisco?
haha. :lol:
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

ntyj
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2006

Postby ntyj » Mon, 21 May 2007 5:58 pm

we only work while we are on board!

best job ive seen.......................

SIA Cabin Crew Gal
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat, 23 Sep 2006

roster

Postby SIA Cabin Crew Gal » Wed, 23 May 2007 5:29 pm

the roster is for a month. and you receive it abt one mth in advance...

but you can change flights!

SIA Cabin Crew Gal
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat, 23 Sep 2006

not enuff

Postby SIA Cabin Crew Gal » Wed, 23 May 2007 6:02 pm

i too feel tht 3 days off is insufficient.
coz i count the off days in seoul + frisco as werking days.
after all we're der on duty....


:(

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Re: 4 sectors

Postby 12345 » Thu, 24 May 2007 12:04 am

SIA Cabin Crew Gal wrote:some 4 sectors...

Seoul - San Fransisco
Frankfurt - New York
Dubai - Manchester


Thanks for ur reply!

So, wats the max number of days u could get to stay overseas? Like 2-3 days only?

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 25 Apr 2007

Re: roster

Postby buzzzybeebee » Thu, 24 May 2007 8:48 am

SIA Cabin Crew Gal wrote:the roster is for a month. and you receive it abt one mth in advance...

but you can change flights!


Really?? Wow... one month in advance... Can change flight somemore. But are there any restrictions when changing flights? For example, do they penalise u if u change flights too often?

Oh yah, not sure if u can advise me on this, do flight stewardess have annual leave?? If yes, how many days per year?? Are we allowed to take leave during probation period??[/quote]

ntyj
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2006

Re: roster

Postby ntyj » Thu, 24 May 2007 9:49 pm

buzzzybeebee wrote:
SIA Cabin Crew Gal wrote:the roster is for a month. and you receive it abt one mth in advance...

but you can change flights!


Really?? Wow... one month in advance... Can change flight somemore. But are there any restrictions when changing flights? For example, do they penalise u if u change flights too often?

Oh yah, not sure if u can advise me on this, do flight stewardess have annual leave?? If yes, how many days per year?? Are we allowed to take leave during probation period??
[/quote]

we can only change flights after we clear probation....
ul get to noe the crew style of changing roster when u start changing.....not really restrictions also...its issues between crew and crew...
we have a total of 20 times to change flights in a year...

yesh we have annual leave..
forget how many already....21?
haha...i jus take it whenever i was allocated.......

no u cant take leave during probation...
they will either give u ur pro rated annual leave after u graduate or either after ur probation finish......................

buzzzybeebee
Regular
Regular
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed, 25 Apr 2007

Re: roster

Postby buzzzybeebee » Thu, 24 May 2007 10:11 pm

ntyj wrote:
buzzzybeebee wrote:
SIA Cabin Crew Gal wrote:the roster is for a month. and you receive it abt one mth in advance...

but you can change flights!


Really?? Wow... one month in advance... Can change flight somemore. But are there any restrictions when changing flights? For example, do they penalise u if u change flights too often?

Oh yah, not sure if u can advise me on this, do flight stewardess have annual leave?? If yes, how many days per year?? Are we allowed to take leave during probation period??


we can only change flights after we clear probation....
ul get to noe the crew style of changing roster when u start changing.....not really restrictions also...its issues between crew and crew...
we have a total of 20 times to change flights in a year...

yesh we have annual leave..
forget how many already....21?
haha...i jus take it whenever i was allocated.......

no u cant take leave during probation...
they will either give u ur pro rated annual leave after u graduate or either after ur probation finish......................


Allocated? U mean we can't choose the dates to take leave??

Btw, our pro-rated annual leave is based from the day we start our training? Or from the day we start our probation??


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests