Singapore Expats Forum

Flight roster of a FA

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
emalf
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue, 06 Mar 2007

Postby emalf » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 12:51 am

me? no, I still have a long way to go. still in school.

Or maybe I'm just waiting for more girls from this forum to join my future
class, heehee...

the 7XX series are boeings, the 3XX are airbus.
different planes have different configurations so attendants have to be
familiar with the models they are assigned to. Not really sure about the
details. maybe M can help with this?

Dreamer, do update us on your training! very excited for you gal... :lol:

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 1:18 am

Dreamer Intrinsic wrote:M, they'll tell me wad i'll be trained for is it?


Yes, you will be. It is standard. For 300ER which flies to several european cities like Paris and Milan, you only get to go for conversion only after 9 months of flying.

Typically, new cabin crews will be trained for 747 and 777. There will be 1-2 SNY flights for both fleets before your first solo.

I'm having my fleet training next week! :D

Dreamer Intrinsic
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri, 13 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Dreamer Intrinsic » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 4:59 pm

................
Last edited by Dreamer Intrinsic on Mon, 23 Apr 2007 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
when I put my head against your heart, I know I'm home.

Dreamer Intrinsic
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri, 13 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Dreamer Intrinsic » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 4:59 pm

wad is fleet training?

haha.

And wad is conversion..


Solo means wad?

U'll be on your own without ur buddy!??! :???: :???:

omg.

I have alooooot of terms to learn leh!!!!

DIE


*faint*
when I put my head against your heart, I know I'm home.

User avatar
theknees
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon, 19 Mar 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby theknees » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 5:23 pm

yea your solo means you'll be on your own without your buddy.
if i remember correctly, you'll have 2 flights with your buddy. or was it 4.
once you graduate and start flying you'll be on your own already!
everyone will get different teams and hopefully you'll get good teammates. :)

don't worry so much lah! you'll learn everything during training. when does your training start? its tomorrow isit?
ღ i wanna kiss you underneath the stars //

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Mon, 23 Apr 2007 8:11 pm

Pointless for me to explain since you're starting class tomorrow which you didn't tell me about it. :x

jsamills
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 28 Oct 2005

Postby jsamills » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 4:41 pm

basically 744 or the 747 is the jumbo.. new crew are trained only for 777 n 744.. for training of the other aircraft types depends on the teams u are allocated to

i dun thk u do 300er only after 9 mths..
i thk after yr business class training then u will be train which will be ard 1 year.. or esle it will be a waste of time if u are not business class trained and can only work in ey for tat aircraft

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Tue, 24 Apr 2007 8:54 pm

jsamills wrote:i dun thk u do 300er only after 9 mths..
i thk after yr business class training then u will be train which will be ard 1 year.. or esle it will be a waste of time if u are not business class trained and can only work in ey for tat aircraft


The last thing I heard was 9 months and had previous batches of new crews having their 300ER. They have worked on the ER and who knows? :lol: And as it is, then all new crews should be trained for all fleets but then your inexperience will show? :)

Dreamer Intrinsic
Regular
Regular
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri, 13 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby Dreamer Intrinsic » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 7:23 pm

M, don't be angry la!!

I told u, as in, i typed in the forum saying i'm startin on TUES!!!

U never read lor!
:P


:)
when I put my head against your heart, I know I'm home.

User avatar
M
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 857
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby M » Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:38 pm

Dreamer Intrinsic wrote:M, don't be angry la!!

I told u, as in, i typed in the forum saying i'm startin on TUES!!!

U never read lor!
:P

:)


:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

ntyj
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2006

Postby ntyj » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 5:05 am

like wad jsamills had mentioned..

all initial crews will CERTAINLY be trained for boeing 747 and 777, cos these are the aircrafts we have what!

as for the A345, it depends on the ward ure allocated to after u graduate from the 4 mths training...however..it depends on the length of ur service as well..

as for A380...i believe once the planes are here..those wards which are allocated to be trained for this aircraft will get to be trained....

with rgds to Boeing 777-300er(the new fleet of crafts which SIA bought)..
seniors are being rostered by batches to come back to STC to train.....whereas for the newbies.....u'd have to wait for ur turn....prob like mentioned by others...only after ure trained for business class or either after u have passed probation?

however for ur additional info....batch 883 to ard batch 900 are already trained for the 300er..maybe due to in need of crew when the planes are in during tht time i guess........
but recently due to some reasons, the new batches will not be trained YET...probably cos too many junior crews and many seniors have been trained also already..........
hence no more milan, paris or zurich flights or seoul-san francisco till ure trained... =) but cheer up! with no such flights means uve got higher chance to go Rome, copenhagen, frankfurt-newyork etc!!

thats abt it!
best rgds

ntyj
Regular
Regular
Posts: 143
Joined: Thu, 27 Jul 2006

Postby ntyj » Thu, 26 Apr 2007 5:13 am

as for flight roster of a FA.............

ul certainly have a fair share of
turnards(hongkong, jakarta, bangkok, bangalore,etc?)
standbys.....
3-4 days flight pattern(like new zealand,australia,japan,china, india?)
and avg one long flight (europe, states or middle east?) in a month...........

there are FA whom i know earn up to 7k or more a mth...
However mgmt did mention though sometimes ud have better mths but overall income for the year it will still be avg out to abt 3-4k a mth.

thts it!

jsamills
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri, 28 Oct 2005

Postby jsamills » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 9:48 am

hey ntyj.. are u a crew with SIA?

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Sun, 29 Apr 2007 2:02 am

M wrote:
Dreamer Intrinsic wrote:M, they'll tell me wad i'll be trained for is it?


Yes, you will be. It is standard. For 300ER which flies to several european cities like Paris and Milan, you only get to go for conversion only after 9 months of flying.

Typically, new cabin crews will be trained for 747 and 777. There will be 1-2 SNY flights for both fleets before your first solo.

I'm having my fleet training next week! :D


So where will u be going for ur SNY flights?

12345
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 228
Joined: Sun, 04 Mar 2007

Postby 12345 » Sun, 29 Apr 2007 2:14 am

ntyj wrote:as for flight roster of a FA.............

ul certainly have a fair share of
turnards(hongkong, jakarta, bangkok, bangalore,etc?)
standbys.....
3-4 days flight pattern(like new zealand,australia,japan,china, india?)
and avg one long flight (europe, states or middle east?) in a month...........

there are FA whom i know earn up to 7k or more a mth...
However mgmt did mention though sometimes ud have better mths but overall income for the year it will still be avg out to abt 3-4k a mth.

thts it!


My gosh...HKG flights are turnaround flights??!!! Meaning the crews will not get to really see and experience HK? :(

Oh btw, have u been 300-ER trained? :) I really think the 300-ERs are very beautiful aircrafts...crews getting to work onboard are really lucky! :) Wat does it take to be trained for business class? Izzit strictly performance based or its standard procedure, i.e. if u are in service for a yr, hence u'll be trained for biz class? Thanks!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests