Where's good to live for young(ish), single expats?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
Manclass

Where's good to live for young(ish), single expats?

Post by Manclass » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 2:00 am

Hi,

I'm due to be moving to Singapore from the UK within the next month. I'll be working in the CBD and want to live somewhere that isn't too long a commute but is also close to plenty of good shopping, nightlife etc.

I've mainly looked at districts 7-11. With a budget of around $3000 per month, districts 7 and 8 look like there's complexies (i.e. Burlington Square) that are more within my range. Just wondered if there's anywhere I should focus on or avoid or whether there are pockets of districts 9/10 that are more affordable. Also, how far away from the CBD and the Harbour etc is Bukit Timah and is it mainly family-orientated?

My main priorities are convenience for amenities and work (don't want to be stuck too much in suburbia just yet!), somewhere that's fairly pleasant but doesn't have to have amazing facilities and allows enough spare cash to enjoy life while I'm out there.

Any advice would be most welcome!

Thanks

Singapore Property Search

second time around

Post by second time around » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 5:24 am

If I were young and single and looking for nightlife, anywhere within walking distance of Clarke Quay would be my choice.

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Post by huggybear » Tue, 17 Apr 2007 7:04 am

try UE square or river place
those might be in your budget.
but yea close to clarke quay / robertson quay.