Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone sick of the Singapore shuffle?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 6:11 pm

Marlowe wrote:i have heard from more than one person that singapore is the 2nd fastest-walking country on earth. anyone who really thinks that has gotta be on crack! you guys are totally right. i guess i will just have to work on my patience, but it does drive me nuts to walk behind these "random number generators" who will wander off in any direction at any given moment.

That study was conducted over a 60 meter course (sidewalk) devoid of display windows and other Singaporeans. It also had a Free "Hello Kitty" doll at the other end. :lol:

Marlowe

Postby Marlowe » Sun, 17 Jun 2007 8:32 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That study was conducted over a 60 meter course (sidewalk) devoid of display windows and other Singaporeans. It also had a Free "Hello Kitty" doll at the other end. :lol:

lol -- mate, that's a classic! :lol:

shashi

Postby shashi » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 5:28 am

Geez... I'm a local and I can fully understand all ur frustrations as well. Sadly, I'm ashamed to be one actually, the average singaporeans are a bunch of inconsiderate pple.

They drive me nuts all the time whenever I walk behind them, they are walking as if the whole lane belongs to them only. Talking and stopping for conversations in the middle of the walkway! Why can't they move to one side just baffles me. :???:

moppiedude

Postby moppiedude » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:25 am

Geez... I'm a local and I can fully understand all ur frustrations as well. Sadly, I'm ashamed to be one actually, the average singaporeans are a bunch of inconsiderate pple.

That would place you among that 'group of inconsiderates' eh? :P

Dang! You can't let the walking habits of a few of "those-who-don't-move-to-your-beat" get your pants in an uproar.

Dolph
Regular
Regular

Walkway

Postby Dolph » Thu, 21 Jun 2007 5:03 pm

I didn't know they had walkways in Singapore. They always seem to be used as "standways". The long "walkways" in the airport drive me crazy. Once you get on them you know that you'll get stuck behind a load of people just standing. Not of much help if you're late for your flight and it's way down the other end of the building!