Singapore Expats Forum

In Your 40's? Join the CRAFT Club

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

In Your 40's? Join the CRAFT Club

Postby Rich D » Fri, 13 Apr 2007 10:51 pm

I felt a bit guilty when a request for help elsewhere in the forum went off topic and strayed onto forgetfulness, here then is a thread for all us oldies to share our “senior moments”
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

flyings

Postby flyings » Sat, 28 Apr 2007 11:31 am

Hi, friend

I'm a girl in late 20's. I dont know why you feel you are 'senior'. At my age, I begin forgetting some things easily. First I was very sad to find I become older. But now I know the reason I become forgetful to some things is because I choose to forget them. Your life is becoming more and more enriching. You have more work, more friends and family with more responsibility. A young person may do something just because 'why not?'. but when you get older, you find too many 'why not'. Then we make choice.

Many people envy at you. Trust me.

:)

Rich D
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Rich D » Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:10 pm

Thank you flyings, you've made an old man very happy! Actually my post was exaggerated for the sake of being funny. I can honestly say the last 5 yers of my life, the last 3 of which I have found myself in my 40's have been the best I can remember.

Apart from being fulfilling with the arrival of 2 beautiful children, I am more confident at work hence less stressed, playing the best squash of my life, competing at futsal with lads literally half my age and finally I am just about learning how to best use the grey matter between my ears to best effect.

I hope I don't come across too smug - my normal self deprecating humour service will be resumed shortly.
Everyone is entitled to my opinion

flyings

Postby flyings » Tue, 01 May 2007 10:40 am

Recall words from fortress besieged by Ch'ien Chung-shu

Those who are outside want to get in, and those who are inside want to get out.

Do we really know what we want when we are so sure?
:)