Singapore Expats Forum

PR getting divorce

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

shannen_sl

PR getting divorce

Postby shannen_sl » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 3:51 pm

My PR status is sponser by my husband. We have been married for 4 years, no kids. We are now in very peaceful relationship, having our own life, own activities although we're living under one roof. What would hapen if we getting divorce?

sundaymorningstaple

Re: PR getting divorce

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 6:15 pm

shannen_sl wrote:My PR status is sponser by my husband. We have been married for 4 years, no kids. We are now in very peaceful relationship, having our own life, own activities although we're living under one roof. What would hapen if we getting divorce?

Unless you can qualify on your own under the skilled/technical program you would lose your PR status.

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 7:12 pm

I remember being told by a nice man at MoM that, "now you have your PR, you can do whatever you like, you can even leave your husband". Err, wasn't what I asked him but nice to know, I thought. Maybe I need to verify this. sms :lol:

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 8:45 pm

seasider wrote:I remember being told by a nice man at MoM that, "now you have your PR, you can do whatever you like, you can even leave your husband". Err, wasn't what I asked him but nice to know, I thought. Maybe I need to verify this. sms :lol:

I'm aware of that as well, I have a Filippina SiL who while separated from the Wife's Brother, for almost 7 years, will not get the divorce for exactly that reason. There was also a story in the press a number of years ago about a local wife and foreign husband who got divorced and the wife moved out of the HDB flat leaving the Husband and Kids. Seems HDB made him sell the flat as well as him losing his PR. Not sure that I want to put it to the test (maybe that's why I've been married so many years! :wink: Wife will kill me if she reads this!)

What might have been meant is being granted a PR for Skilled/Technical reasons wouldn't have any bearing of your marital status. However, for those who got their PR based on family ties, once the ties are cut.........

Grim Reaper
Regular
Regular

Postby Grim Reaper » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:23 pm

Sms is right, since it is all about the fact that OP is sponsored by hubby...

If she would have her own PR, no problem.
Time will come....

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 11:07 pm

I certainly didn't get mine on my own merit. :)

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Winxkid » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 7:33 am

anyone willing to find out the that particular act or regulation & post it here?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 9:02 am

Winxkid wrote:anyone willing to find out the that particular act or regulation & post it here?

Instead of making banal one line comments all over the board signifying absolutely nothing. Why don't you actually do something useful yourself?

You apparently got the "kid" portion of your nick correct.

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Winxkid » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 1:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Winxkid wrote:anyone willing to find out the that particular act or regulation & post it here?

Instead of making banal one line comments all over the board signifying absolutely nothing. Why don't you actually do something useful yourself?

Ya.. thanks for ur kind advise. N personally, I felt that You might accidentally key in your nick wrongly, [Sundaymorningstxpxx] should be the one you actual has in mind right?

:lol:

If You cant take the comment, please don't go around shiting without manner. Thanks :lol: :lol: :lol:

seasider
Chatter
Chatter

Postby seasider » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 1:31 pm

Okay I think I'll leave you two to this thread now.

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Winxkid » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 1:34 pm

U do not need grandmother stories to create awareness. What You said is based on other people's experience & not by what You experience, I believe. Althrough mine is only 1 sentence, but isnt mine very short & sharp? isnt this what the TS really want? professional advise & fact instead of U telling people what Your friend encounter or whatever.

Maybe U should start making Yourself useful in an efficient way :lol:

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Winxkid » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 1:55 pm

on a serious note, before I'm banned for being disrespectful to Moderator, would apperciate if U could learn to be kind on your words instead of insulting & banning people just because You don't like the way they talks or You are not in a good mood. Maturity comes in :D

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 3:05 pm

Winxkid wrote: Maturity comes in :D

Pot? Kettle? Black? :?

Winxkid
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Winxkid » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 8:41 pm

Winxkid wrote: Maturity comes in :D

Pot? Kettle? Black? :?

so does that indirectly mean You are @ fault too? haha
i mean no harm.. seriously

angel_rose
Regular
Regular
Location: On earth "Values are only measured by the importance it has to you"

Re: PR getting divorce

Postby angel_rose » Mon, 16 Apr 2007 6:35 pm

shannen_sl wrote:My PR status is sponser by my husband. We have been married for 4 years, no kids. We are now in very peaceful relationship, having our own life, own activities although we're living under one roof. What would hapen if we getting divorce?

Why are you thinking of getting divorce if you are now have loving relationship???if you have qualifications and skills you don't have to worried about it...you might lose yr PR status but if you have a good job that pay you well you can always reapply again,friend of me got her PR after just working for one year here...PR is nothing trust me,it may help you to stay in Singapore after the divorce but in the end of the day you can not rely on your PR status alone to survive.... :wink: