Singapore Expats

EPEC

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
question

EPEC

Post by question » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 10:27 pm

What is risk in looking for job with EPEC ?
Do companies prefer lpr to epec ? i m talking of case
you are outside singapore and want to move into singapore
say for a sw developer with 3 years experice

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EPEC

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 06 Apr 2007 12:12 am

question wrote:What is risk in looking for job with EPEC ?
Do companies prefer lpr to epec ? i m talking of case
you are outside singapore and want to move into singapore
say for a sw developer with 3 years experice
You might have a problem with getting a job with only 3 years experience even if you were already a citizen or PR.

Having said that, the LPR would be preferable as it is less work for the company in as much as they only have to fill out the sponsorship form. With the EPEC, once you have the EP, you will obviously want your PR (or you wouldn't be thinking of LPR in the first place). As an HR Manager I am suspicious of EP holders if from other Asian countries because normally as soon as you sponsor them and they are successful. They quit and go to work for somebody else (and your investment as an employer pfft!)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

question

re : salary negotiation

Post by question » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 4:05 am

Hi
Thanx for the reply
How about things like pay hike or how to negotiate for salary issues
I dont know how you can negotiate
is it better to say start off at a lesser salary secure job then , gradually get pay hikes ( dunno how )
or is it bettter off to ask for more at start since some say , pay hikes are not so common in singapore
keep in mind a person with software development experiece ( masters degree ) 3-4 years experiece ?

Another question is , with experience gained in singapore considered better to foreign experience ? this question is important since i have take a decision in comming months of whehter to continue working in germany i.e find another job in germany ( since my company is not geting projects ) or to compeletely scrap and move to singapore and start fresh . !!!

From my analysis with a salary of 3000 - 4000 sing dolls , can a family of 3 live comfortably or atleast economically ( wihtout car etc ) ?
Is this true ?

Regards

endlssorrow

Post by endlssorrow » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:24 am

3k is 3k
4k is 4k
3.5k is 3.5k
Differences alot!
Anyway is still comfort in sg w/o car.
also depends on ur wife =)

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”