Singapore Expats

Expat package outline

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
MummyD

Expat package outline

Post by MummyD » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 2:54 pm

Could someone outline an expat package contents for me please.
We are planning a move with 2 kids. Husband has a senior management position but company is mostly locals so no real benchmark within the company. Just a simple list would help. Thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 9:40 pm

Unfortunately there is no single guideline for an Expat Package.

It could comprise fully paid or partially paid/subsidized costs/perks such as:

Car provided/Car Allowance
House provided/Housing Allowance
Home Leave once or twice a year
Schooling costs for kids
Taxes paid by company
Membership in Leisure Clubs/Golf Courses/American/British Clubs, etc

It could be all or only one or two. That would be up to the HR Manager and or Corporate Seniors and what your spouse will accept. Sometimes "Senior Management" positions in Local Companies aren't really senior at all. Just the Title. (I am not saying that is the case here at all but I am surprised that they do not already have a policy in place) Has your husband seen the corporate Org Chart?

There are no clerks in Singapore as an example of things aren't always what they seem. They are called "Admin Assistants, HR Assistants, HR Executive, Accounts Executive an so on. That way they can pay less but give face with the title on their business card.

Hope this helps
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers