Singapore Expats Forum

jetstarasia crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Postby DinG DonG BeLL » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 3:24 pm

camperboy wrote:
DinG DonG BeLL wrote:
meLyana wrote:dont be disappointed. how was the interview..? :roll:
itv okok lor. haiz.. very sad leh. lolx..

so.. tell us the details.. wad did u do? how many guys and gals were there?
hmm~ for my mornin slot, there's 21 ppl. i think there abt 7 guys 14 gals? cant rem. 1st round its self intro. after tat we r divided into 3 grps 7 ppl each. we need to advertise for Jetstar. tat's all.
after 1st round, we need to wait for our result in e holdin room. those who r selected can proceed to e 2nd round. :)
Can i fly higher than a bird?

Flyer
Regular
Regular

Low pay

Postby Flyer » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:16 pm

The basic pay that they offer is so low, only $750. Although I went through the rounds, I really have to consider. :(
Life is not a bed of roses so cannot expect things to turn out well all the time.

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Low pay

Postby DinG DonG BeLL » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:25 pm

Flyer wrote:The basic pay that they offer is so low, only $750. Although I went through the rounds, I really have to consider. :(

:? den y apply for it since u already noe e pay is low...? coz its like wastin e vacancy. those who realli wish to get in & dun mind abt e pay cant get e job. haiz...

how i wish i can get e bond. i dun mind abt e pay. juz realli wish to work as a cabin crew. :cry:

septemberrr
Regular
Regular

Postby septemberrr » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:42 pm

ding dong bell: *HUG*

dun give up!

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:53 pm

how come you dare to send resume to CX but yet not dare
to try out for SQ? unless you are really not qualify or cant
meet their requirements? if not, i dont think there's other
reason that you dont dare to try SQ.

a lot of peoples are trying and wanting to get in to SQ.

vertigo_1010 wrote:sent mine to CX but not going SQ..no confidence

Flyer
Regular
Regular

Postby Flyer » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:54 pm

DinG DonG BeLL wrote:
Flyer wrote:The basic pay that they offer is so low, only $750. Although I went through the rounds, I really have to consider. :(

:? den y apply for it since u already noe e pay is low...? coz its like wastin e vacancy. those who realli wish to get in & dun mind abt e pay cant get e job. haiz...

how i wish i can get e bond. i dun mind abt e pay. juz realli wish to work as a cabin crew. :cry:

I know the pay is low, but never expect to be that low. $600 after CPF deduction (during the training month), if the hours don't hit 100 hours, there will be just basic pay. How to live with this salary especially in Singapore?

I understand your situation. I read the previous threads, and nobody seen to know much about Jetstar Asia. That's why I'm there for interview.

I'm like you, I want to be cabin crew so much. If you read my previous threads, you'll know that I was booted out at the initital rounds. I felt so demoralised at one time. I would say beside pursuing my ambition, I have to be reality as well.
Life is not a bed of roses so cannot expect things to turn out well all the time.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter

Postby chai ching » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:56 pm

Ding Dong Bell, hug hug too. how i also really wish that i can get the
bond and shortlisted by them too? as long as im get selected by any other
airlines. i wont mind the pay whether less or more or not. as long
i can get to experience for being a cabin crew.

DinG DonG BeLL wrote:

emalf
Regular
Regular

Postby emalf » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 10:58 pm

DinG DonG BeLL wrote:how i wish i can get e bond. i dun mind abt e pay. juz realli wish to work as a cabin crew. :cry:

Cheer up DinG DonG BeLL!
take it as an experience this time. you'll become wiser with each try.

There are other recruitments going on.

Heads up, dont give up ok?

If you can say that you dont mind the low pay, it must be your passion for the job that's your motivation.

Show the interviewers that passion!

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Postby DinG DonG BeLL » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:05 pm

Flyer wrote:
DinG DonG BeLL wrote:

I know the pay is low, but never expect to be that low. $600 after CPF deduction (during the training month), if the hours don't hit 100 hours, there will be just basic pay. How to live with this salary especially in Singapore?

I understand your situation. I read the previous threads, and nobody seen to know much about Jetstar Asia. That's why I'm there for interview.

I'm like you, I want to be cabin crew so much. If you read my previous threads, you'll know that I was booted out at the initital rounds. I felt so demoralised at one time. I would say beside pursuing my ambition, I have to be reality as well.
hmm~ yup. i can understand tat too. haiz.. everyone has their own point of view. agree wif y. anyway, gd luck to u. =) mayb u can try jetstar & get experience first. coz its 3 yrs bond but after a yr, u can break e bond w/o payin $. :)

DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter

Postby DinG DonG BeLL » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:12 pm

thks everyone.. yup. i wun gif up. coz its my dream ya.
i wana FLY..! hehe.. i wan those based in SG. wan turnard flight. i only an N level cert. so there's not much choice for mi. :(

Flyer
Regular
Regular

Postby Flyer » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 11:28 pm

DinG DonG BeLL wrote:
Flyer wrote:
DinG DonG BeLL wrote:

hmm~ yup. i can understand tat too. haiz.. everyone has their own point of view. agree wif y. anyway, gd luck to u. =) mayb u can try jetstar & get experience first. coz its 3 yrs bond but after a yr, u can break e bond w/o payin $. :)

Let's see, if I can get to the final round :wink:

Don't be sad, learn from the interviews. You'll get wiser each time you failed.

estrella
Regular
Regular

Postby estrella » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:40 am

are u guys serious or whut?? $750??... how come my fren's pay about $1200++?18bucks perhr during e bond..25bucks per hr aft that.. $750 is more lesser then my part-time pay!! cabin job pay 750? u gotta be kidding! :shock:

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby catchmeifucan » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 2:01 am

estrella wrote:are u guys serious or whut?? $750??... how come my fren's pay about $1200++?18bucks perhr during e bond..25bucks per hr aft that.. $750 is more lesser then my part-time pay!! cabin job pay 750? u gotta be kidding! :shock:

:o exactly..maybe this time around they supercut the cabin crew's pay due to company budget..thats y maybe lots of cabin crew quit..then they have to advertise and rehire again..??? :?

Oh btw hi estrella..i m a newbie here.. :)

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby catchmeifucan » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 2:06 am

Flyer wrote:
DinG DonG BeLL wrote:
Flyer wrote:
DinG DonG BeLL wrote:

Let's see, if I can get to the final round :wink:

Don't be sad, learn from the interviews. You'll get wiser each time you failed.

Since its a 3 year bond do you have to pay anything if u break the bond? But as i have said in my previous posts, if u work for non budget airline..at least the pay is high..I read in previous post SIA girl can get pay as high as $5000 on Good months :o if thats the case u can easily earn the money in just a few months to pay for the $13 k bond.. when u break it..and I am sure more or less airline bond u for a reason..if everyone can break the bond wifout paying then its not a bond already rite?? then they will have high turnover rate of people breaking bonds since maybe some might not like the job after trying out..hard to say.. :roll:

but if u dun mind such low pay then go for your passion just make sure u find out about the bond.. :wink:

but comparing all of it..Tiger is the most scary..work and study work 5 days study 2 days, no off days, have to rush project like mad have to work..sure super stressful i tell you.. & 8k upfront for bond and pay is low :shock:

sakiya
Regular
Regular

Postby sakiya » Tue, 10 Apr 2007 7:53 am

hi flyer:)
how moany round for jetstar interview?you can clear all the round in one day?can share with us more abt the interview?
TIA :D :D