Singapore Expats Forum

jetstarasia crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
meLyana
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed, 04 Apr 2007

Postby meLyana » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 9:40 am

estrella.. dont give up on your dreams yet. just keep on trying. a friend of mine who is now flying with SIA has a height of 156cm.
she said it all depends on the interviewers themselves.
so keep on trying. who knows lady luck will be on your side.. :D

User avatar
DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu, 29 Mar 2007
Location: SG

Postby DinG DonG BeLL » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 9:54 am

meLyana wrote:estrella.. dont give up on your dreams yet. just keep on trying. a friend of mine who is now flying with SIA has a height of 156cm.
she said it all depends on the interviewers themselves.
so keep on trying. who knows lady luck will be on your side.. :D
nah.. estrella. dun gif up juz bcoz of ur height. as wat meLyana said. it all depends on e interviewers. mayb they find u unique. sometht spec abt tat we hardly tell. Kim Ng oso an ex cabin crew rite? she so short oso can get in. i belif u can too if u keep on tryin. rem.. DUN GIF UP~! :)
Can i fly higher than a bird?

User avatar
estrella
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu, 08 Mar 2007
Location: singapore

Postby estrella » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:02 pm

DinG DonG BeLL wrote:
meLyana wrote:estrella.. dont give up on your dreams yet. just keep on trying. a friend of mine who is now flying with SIA has a height of 156cm.
she said it all depends on the interviewers themselves.
so keep on trying. who knows lady luck will be on your side.. :D
nah.. estrella. dun gif up juz bcoz of ur height. as wat meLyana said. it all depends on e interviewers. mayb they find u unique. sometht spec abt tat we hardly tell. Kim Ng oso an ex cabin crew rite? she so short oso can get in. i belif u can too if u keep on tryin. rem.. DUN GIF UP~! :)


really?well.. thanks alot.. i would want to try for next year.

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006

Postby camperboy » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:22 pm

Just read all ur replies.. hahah interesting...

though may i point out that the basic pay is just the basic right? excluding the sector allowance etc etc....so add up will be 1k plus la... :D

So whats the min height requirements? And many got through?

User avatar
DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu, 29 Mar 2007
Location: SG

Postby DinG DonG BeLL » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:25 pm

estrella wrote:really?well.. thanks alot.. i would want to try for next year.
ya. tat's e way. dun gif up. if u do, ur dream will NEVER come true. lets keep on tryin till we r like some of e gals in e forum. they finally make their dream comes true. happy for them. :)
Can i fly higher than a bird?

User avatar
DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu, 29 Mar 2007
Location: SG

Postby DinG DonG BeLL » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:28 pm

camperboy wrote:Just read all ur replies.. hahah interesting...

though may i point out that the basic pay is just the basic right? excluding the sector allowance etc etc....so add up will be 1k plus la... :D

So whats the min height requirements? And many got through?

yaya.. tat's juz basic. if tk hm tat less think tat's realli pathetic. haha..
hmm~ im not sure how many made tru. today is their 3rd round interview. if they r selected, they got e bond TODAY~! they can sign & start trainin in mid May. SO envy. :cry:
Can i fly higher than a bird?

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006

Postby camperboy » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:30 pm

DinG DonG BeLL wrote:
camperboy wrote:Just read all ur replies.. hahah interesting...

though may i point out that the basic pay is just the basic right? excluding the sector allowance etc etc....so add up will be 1k plus la... :D

So whats the min height requirements? And many got through?

yaya.. tat's juz basic. if tk hm tat less think tat's realli pathetic. haha..
hmm~ im not sure how many made tru. today is their 3rd round interview. if they r selected, they got e bond TODAY~! they can sign & start trainin in mid May. SO envy. :cry:


wow.. tats fast..


yalor.. i also envy them haha

User avatar
DinG DonG BeLL
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 251
Joined: Thu, 29 Mar 2007
Location: SG

Postby DinG DonG BeLL » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:33 pm

camperboy wrote:wow.. tats fast..


yalor.. i also envy them haha
ya.. i like their fast recuitment. lolx..
no need to wait & wait & wait. waitin for results is real a torture. :???:
Can i fly higher than a bird?

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2006
Location: singapore

Re: Low pay

Postby love`Qoo » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:05 pm

catchmeifucan wrote:
DinG DonG BeLL wrote:
catchmeifucan wrote:erm.. i am not sure..my cousin is SIA girl and shes been flying here and there i hardly even see her..not even during chinese new year :lol: so no chance to ask her about her job as a FA wif SIA.. :-|

oh jetstar's bond don't seem as scary as tiger..at least its 5k rather than 8k and not upfront. and after one year can break it..tiger must b 3 years.. so yea i tink Flyer should go for it dun waste the opportunity..take it as an experience. Yay!! so happy for u!! flyer!!..as though i am the one getting the job but i am excited to hear you got throughduno y.. :lol: but now i am addicted to this forum :shock: everyday look forward to come here..and the more i post here the more I am interested in FA job :lol: makes me excited also.. :lol: duno why..maybe its the excitement & passion u guys have for the job..i also get infected by it :D

haha.. me too. im postin more & more in tis forum. at first i juz came in see see read read. after e first postin in Jetstar or Tiger, im addicted. haha..

yup Flyer. if u realli got e chance to sign e bond, juz sign it coz anyway its only 3 yrs & after a yr u can break it w/o payin $.
yaya.. Tiger not only 8K yo. u need to pay another 12K (for e course) & 3K (for Tiger) ya. 3 yrs somemore. Jetstar only a yr & its only 5K. btw, e 5K will reduce if u work more den 6mth but less than a yr. i duno how to explain. so meanin if after 6mths, u wana break contract, u oso no ned to pay 5K tat much. it will be less than 5K. :)


:shock: means $15k if u break tiger contract..wow!! Dun tink alot of people will take it..geez.. :o


ermzz.. im a crew frm tiger.. wad i can say is.. bond in TR is only a year.. contract is 3yrs.. meaning if u break the bond,u gotta pay.. but breaking it after a yr but b4 3yrs,u aint gotta pay..

thing is if u r still in training,the bond is 5k. as u start flying and the longer u stay in TR,the lesser u pay.

example: 0mths in TR=5k 3mths in TR=4k 6mths in TR=2k

n goes on.. :) but its only an example..not the exact bond amount

User avatar
catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat, 07 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: Low pay

Postby catchmeifucan » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:30 pm

love`Qoo wrote:
catchmeifucan wrote:
DinG DonG BeLL wrote:
catchmeifucan wrote:erm.. i am not sure..my cousin is SIA girl and shes been flying here and there i hardly even see her..not even during chinese new year :lol: so no chance to ask her about her job as a FA wif SIA.. :-|

oh jetstar's bond don't seem as scary as tiger..at least its 5k rather than 8k and not upfront. and after one year can break it..tiger must b 3 years.. so yea i tink Flyer should go for it dun waste the opportunity..take it as an experience. Yay!! so happy for u!! flyer!!..as though i am the one getting the job but i am excited to hear you got throughduno y.. :lol: but now i am addicted to this forum :shock: everyday look forward to come here..and the more i post here the more I am interested in FA job :lol: makes me excited also.. :lol: duno why..maybe its the excitement & passion u guys have for the job..i also get infected by it :D

haha.. me too. im postin more & more in tis forum. at first i juz came in see see read read. after e first postin in Jetstar or Tiger, im addicted. haha..

yup Flyer. if u realli got e chance to sign e bond, juz sign it coz anyway its only 3 yrs & after a yr u can break it w/o payin $.
yaya.. Tiger not only 8K yo. u need to pay another 12K (for e course) & 3K (for Tiger) ya. 3 yrs somemore. Jetstar only a yr & its only 5K. btw, e 5K will reduce if u work more den 6mth but less than a yr. i duno how to explain. so meanin if after 6mths, u wana break contract, u oso no ned to pay 5K tat much. it will be less than 5K. :)


:shock: means $15k if u break tiger contract..wow!! Dun tink alot of people will take it..geez.. :o


ermzz.. im a crew frm tiger.. wad i can say is.. bond in TR is only a year.. contract is 3yrs.. meaning if u break the bond,u gotta pay.. but breaking it after a yr but b4 3yrs,u aint gotta pay..

thing is if u r still in training,the bond is 5k. as u start flying and the longer u stay in TR,the lesser u pay.

example: 0mths in TR=5k 3mths in TR=4k 6mths in TR=2k

n goes on.. :) but its only an example..not the exact bond amount


:? well from what Ding Dong Bell & the rest who went for the interview they said that the bond is $8k and if u break the bond is 15k for the Diploma in Business and Marketing. The interviewers told them when they went for the interview.. You applied for the job as Cabin Crew right? So i guess its a different recruitment drive this time around its Diploma in Business Marketing cum Internship as Cabin Crew...so the bond will be different..yea.. :-s

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2006
Location: singapore

Postby love`Qoo » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:33 pm

hmmm.. im not sure abt it then.. i am already a crew with them for about 7mths.. :D which means bond ending soon.. haha cant wait 4 dat..

User avatar
catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat, 07 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby catchmeifucan » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:41 pm

love`Qoo wrote:hmmm.. im not sure abt it then.. i am already a crew with them for about 7mths.. :D which means bond ending soon.. haha cant wait 4 dat..


:D Qoo how come u can't wait for your bond to end?

User avatar
estrella
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu, 08 Mar 2007
Location: singapore

Postby estrella » Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:42 pm

love`Qoo wrote:hmmm.. im not sure abt it then.. i am already a crew with them for about 7mths.. :D which means bond ending soon.. haha cant wait 4 dat..


geez.. must be great right workin as a crew?i mean the pay.. isiit low?

love`Qoo
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 178
Joined: Wed, 19 Jul 2006
Location: singapore

Postby love`Qoo » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 1:52 am

cos i can go for SIA or international airlines at least!! haha :D isnt it most of your dreams here? i was pursuing my pte diploma then,when i joined TR. now its ending in may.. and my bond finishing..

not saying TR is not gd.. just that im still young,n wanna venture further.. hopes r higher for my future.. right?? its a great exp though.. but being a crew isnt as simple or as glamourous some may think. its a tiring job.. but if u love it,everything's gotta be OK!! :wink:

pay is consider 'well paid' for my age.. ard 1.7k-1.8k in a gd mth u might get 2k or more.. or i should say,if u work hard selling your FNB n DFS.. :P

if u r wondering.. im 20 tis yr end.. :D

User avatar
estrella
Regular
Regular
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu, 08 Mar 2007
Location: singapore

Postby estrella » Thu, 12 Apr 2007 3:06 am

love`Qoo wrote:cos i can go for SIA or international airlines at least!! haha :D isnt it most of your dreams here? i was pursuing my pte diploma then,when i joined TR. now its ending in may.. and my bond finishing..

not saying TR is not gd.. just that im still young,n wanna venture further.. hopes r higher for my future.. right?? its a great exp though.. but being a crew isnt as simple or as glamourous some may think. its a tiring job.. but if u love it,everything's gotta be OK!! :wink:

pay is consider 'well paid' for my age.. ard 1.7k-1.8k in a gd mth u might get 2k or more.. or i should say,if u work hard selling your FNB n DFS.. :P

if u r wondering.. im 20 tis yr end.. :D


i know... my frens say its a very tiring job.. some passenger are really irritating haha.. but im just gonna try n go for it..


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests