Costa Rhu

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
adr3382

Costa Rhu

Post by adr3382 » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 7:28 pm

Guys,if you wouldnt mind I would like some opinions on Costa Rhu apartments. Specifically has anyone been there/lives there that can tell me if it is nice. On top of this how long roughly would it take to commute to the CBD and how far is it from the nightlife?

Any help appreciated

Cheers

Aidan
they say hard work wont kill you, but why take the chance?

Singapore Property Search

audiojunky
Chatter
Chatter

Post by audiojunky » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:24 pm

humpbackwhale

Accoun

Post by humpbackwhale » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:29 pm

In my own opinion, the condos in that area is not as great, my reasoning is this;

1) very pricey rent for just river/sea view, i can get similar sea view units at east coast at higher floor for that price
2) or for that price i can live at the heart of the city at orchard
3) there are absolutely no amenities in that area, unless you have transport allowance, its a real pain in the a#$ to go somewhere, unless you can afford a car (which is very expensive here), taxis do not come into this area, you have to call them in, but taxi here is cheap.
4) i can find similar or better expat community somewhere else at cheaper price
5) it might look near but due to the lack of good public transport, its takes almost same tie as many other place to reach city.
6) SOME units are just beside the highway ECP and its dusty and noisy for 20hrs a day.

The area is too isolated and not developed (no amenities).

mrdodge
Regular
Regular

Re: Accoun

Post by mrdodge » Mon, 09 Apr 2007 1:36 pm

humpbackwhale wrote:In my own opinion, the condos in that area is not as great, my reasoning is this;

1) very pricey rent for just river/sea view, i can get similar sea view units at east coast at higher floor for that price
2) or for that price i can live at the heart of the city at orchard
3) there are absolutely no amenities in that area, unless you have transport allowance, its a real pain in the a#$ to go somewhere, unless you can afford a car (which is very expensive here), taxis do not come into this area, you have to call them in, but taxi here is cheap.
4) i can find similar or better expat community somewhere else at cheaper price
5) it might look near but due to the lack of good public transport, its takes almost same tie as many other place to reach city.
6) SOME units are just beside the highway ECP and its dusty and noisy for 20hrs a day.

The area is too isolated and not developed (no amenities).
Having just moved from Waterplace, I tend to agree with what humpback has to say. Moved to Bayshore Park - much further out in terms of distance, but maybe an extra 5 minutes travel after you factor in the doubling back - ECP, up to fort road and then back again - annoying after a while.

i also agree about the construction/dust/noise. That and the ridiculous rental increases forced our hand.

Lack of amenities? - a few restaurants in walking distance, but from then on, catch a cab - there is only 1 public bus the 158. However Katong is not far away by taxi - lots of choice there.

No supermarkets - but Costa Rhu has a minimart and Laundrette. Not dealt with them personally, but the minimart in Pebble bay was fantastic. About the same price as cold storage and would order in anything for you.
Carrefour @ Suntec or Cold Storage @ Parkway are the easiest alternatives. We actually shop through cold storage online for staples and its not too bad - saves a lot of time so makes that less of an issue.

Some people I know like Costa Rhu, but I have heard of a lot of problems in certain buildings with water leaks and construction. I don't know if that has passed now.
Cheers

Return to “Property Talk, Housing & Rental”