Singapore Expats Forum

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
newboy123

Postby newboy123 » Wed, 04 Apr 2007 3:32 pm

Aidan - i think as others have mentioned you're not alone in that initial intrepidation to making the big move. I have been here six weeks after upping sticks in the UK. To be honest i have this one of the most hospitable cities and that together with the fact that so many people are in the same boat as you will make it a breeze.

Rich

Tia Maria

Postby Tia Maria » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 1:38 pm

Yeah Aidan, it's not hard once you're here. I was planning to stay here for 2 years when I first came, and still here now....4 years! So let me know if you need any advices...would be glad to help.

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

You are not alone...

Postby prkravi » Thu, 05 Apr 2007 5:04 pm

Hi Adian,
Singapore is a vibrant place with multi cultural ethnicity and a mix of Tourists and Immigrants.
End result you will see all flavours here. I was initially feeling bored as well, unless i realised how easy it was to communicate with people here. A smile and a gesture can really go a long way...so step out and have fun. There are lots of groups who meet regularly for various outings Clubbing, Trekking, Movies etc etc.
Have fun!