Singapore Expats

Any Stay Home Expecting Mom here?

SAHMs / WAHMs tell us how you are coping.
dolphinhk

Any Stay Home Expecting Mom here?

Post by dolphinhk » Sun, 01 Apr 2007 12:21 am

:D Hello everyone! I'm Irene from HongKong now in 16 weeks pregnancy expecting my first child. Anyone mum to be want to gather?

lotsofchocs

new mum to be

Post by lotsofchocs » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 1:56 pm

Hello,

I am 14 weeks pregnant and am also looking for new friends. Just posted a note under http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic40758.html
to meet up with new parents to bes so u can let me know.

Otherwise email me on [email protected]

Hope to hear from you.

JWilliamson
Regular
Regular

Re: Any Stay Home Expecting Mom here?

Post by JWilliamson » Thu, 10 Jun 2010 11:43 am

dolphinhk wrote::D Hello everyone! I'm Irene from HongKong now in 16 weeks pregnancy expecting my first child. Anyone mum to be want to gather?
Hello there, i was a stay at home dad for 15 yrs with 2 kids that are now 15 and 13 yrs old. I did it all, change diapers, feed around the clock, clean house, sung to babies, take to the park everyday. Now i am working and i have a 3 month old baby girl. do you have any questions ? i would be happy to try to answer them. JW
John Williamson

minimini81

Post by minimini81 » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 3:01 pm

oh my. what is your wife working as? are you serious?
how did you guys manage it?
Share!

JWilliamson
Regular
Regular

Re: .........

Post by JWilliamson » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:06 am

minimini81 wrote:oh my. what is your wife working as? are you serious?
Share!
Lucky for me she's a general practice doctor which dont make the most money but they make enough so one parent can stay at home. When the 2 kids were young i was with them 24 hrs and 7 days a week. It was hard and new at first but i wouldnt have wished it to be different. its not work because it was something i wanted to do but it was not easy at all. When my kids got older i put them in day care , half day so they can play with other kids. During the 4 hrs i worked at my wifes office for free. I also coached basketball at night after my wife arrived but coaching was like for 2 or 3 nights a week. I set a flexible scedule. Like wake up, make breakfast, read books and watch 1 show, go to park bring snacks. play games in the park, talk and listen, maybe next day go swimming, play tennis and basketball. go back home, shower and nap, work around house with kids etc. sleep time was by 8 to 8:30 even when they were 14. i have more , more details. like teach the baby even as early as 4 months to sleep alone. not rock them to sleep but read to them and before they close eyes lay them on their bed so they can learn to put themself to sleep. JW
John Williamson

JWilliamson
Regular
Regular

Re: .........

Post by JWilliamson » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:21 pm

JWilliamson wrote:
minimini81 wrote:oh my. what is your wife working as? are you serious?
Share!
Lucky for me she's a general practice doctor which dont make the most money but they make enough so one parent can stay at home. When the 2 kids were young i was with them 24 hrs and 7 days a week. It was hard and new at first but i wouldnt have wished it to be different. its not work because it was something i wanted to do but it was not easy at all. When my kids got older i put them in day care , half day so they can play with other kids. During the 4 hrs i worked at my wifes office for free. I also coached basketball at night after my wife arrived but coaching was like for 2 or 3 nights a week. I set a flexible scedule. Like wake up, make breakfast, read books and watch 1 show, go to park bring snacks. play games in the park, talk and listen, maybe next day go swimming, play tennis and basketball. go back home, shower and nap, work around house with kids etc. sleep time was by 8 to 8:30 even when they were 14. i have more , more details. like teach the baby even as early as 4 months to sleep alone. not rock them to sleep but read to them and before they close eyes lay them on their bed so they can learn to put themself to sleep. JW

I forgot to clearify my first two kids i raised in Miami, USA, the 3 month old im raising now in Hong Kong which is much more challenging than miami.
John Williamson

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 12:58 pm

John, I would have though the 3 mo old would be a bit easier what with a 13 & 15 year old around to help. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JWilliamson
Regular
Regular

easier

Post by JWilliamson » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 2:49 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:John, I would have though the 3 mo old would be a bit easier what with a 13 & 15 year old around to help. :-|
Well one is hard and two is 3 times more harder but three is not as bad. But the first two was in Miami in a big house (4,000 sq feet) with a big yard, walking distance to a big park and pool. kids can play in the yard and walk to the park. In Hong Kong im way up at 28th floor less than 700 sq feet with 2 bed rooms compared to 6 bed rooms. Also for kids to play they have to walk 20 mins in a crowded sidewalk, smog filled air and its all concrete. main thing is that 90% speak hinese and im sad to say i have not learned enough of the language.
John Williamson

JWilliamson
Regular
Regular

Re: easier

Post by JWilliamson » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 2:56 pm

JWilliamson wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:John, I would have though the 3 mo old would be a bit easier what with a 13 & 15 year old around to help. :-|
Well one is hard and two is 3 times more harder but three is not as bad. But the first two was in Miami in a big house (4,000 sq feet) with a big yard, walking distance to a big park and pool. kids can play in the yard and walk to the park. In Hong Kong im way up at 28th floor less than 700 sq feet with 2 bed rooms compared to 6 bed rooms. Also for kids to play they have to walk 20 mins in a crowded sidewalk, smog filled air and its all concrete. main thing is that 90% speak hinese and im sad to say i have not learned enough of the language.
wow im complaining well my goal is to one day say wow its not that bad and then go one about the good things.
John Williamson

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 3:22 pm

It happens to the best of us at times! :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

klitz
Regular
Regular

Post by klitz » Thu, 01 Jul 2010 6:13 pm

Hi,
I'm also preggie at 16wks anyone free to mit up?

JWilliamson
Regular
Regular

16 weeks!

Post by JWilliamson » Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:18 pm

klitz wrote:Hi,
I'm also preggie at 16wks anyone free to mit up?

Wow is this your first time? How do you feel? many expecting moms say they feel great and you are a automatic feeding device just wait when you have to wake up every 2 or 3 hrs all day and all night to feed. JW
John Williamson

klitz
Regular
Regular

Post by klitz » Fri, 02 Jul 2010 5:06 pm

the feeling now is great... with the fact that u have the excuse to let urself go bingeing on food....

JWilliamson
Regular
Regular

all you can eat?

Post by JWilliamson » Fri, 02 Jul 2010 5:22 pm

klitz wrote:the feeling now is great... with the fact that u have the excuse to let urself go bingeing on food....
Yeah and the good hormones flowing. My wife loved being pregnant now she wants to go back being pregnant.
John Williamson

Lovelymommy

Re: Any Stay Home Expecting Mom here?

Post by Lovelymommy » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 5:55 pm

JWilliamson wrote:
dolphinhk wrote::D Hello everyone! I'm Irene from HongKong now in 16 weeks pregnancy expecting my first child. Anyone mum to be want to gather?
Hello there, i was a stay at home dad for 15 yrs with 2 kids that are now 15 and 13 yrs old. I did it all, change diapers, feed around the clock, clean house, sung to babies, take to the park everyday. Now i am working and i have a 3 month old baby girl. do you have any questions ? i would be happy to try to answer them. JW

Kudos to you! Not many men will do that...
I'm on my 16 weeks now and looking forward to taking care of my baby...
I'm sure it's gonna be tough like waking up every 3 hours at night to feed baby then I still have to go to work bec I'm a single mom...

Hope you can give advices when my baby comes...:)

cheers!