Singapore Expats Forum

CX is recruiting!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Funky_Punk

Postby Funky_Punk » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:51 pm

Thank you for yur meaning, camperboi.

I think if even no get invite from CX, I still also will going down lor. Maybe got some ppl no go there or maybe late or wat lik that then I can take their placing.

Maybe Chai Ching you can also lik go and see your lucky too? I am go to there at 25 April at the morning one.

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby catchmeifucan » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:54 pm

Funky:

I think if you are so afraid of bombs in Colombo you shouldn't even think of applying for any Flight Attendant job in the first place because any plane u fly on has risks too, man-made (someone planting a bomb) or natural disasters. like wat M has said earlier on ground job is the safest and even if u r in queue the other queue in line will also move faster than yours. :lol: i personally think if you are so afraid of bombs and risks you should apply for a ground job, safer for you. :wink:

one more thing, i seriously doubt u will give this interview a miss, simply because u posted questions on a few other airlines shows that u r very interested to be a Flight attendant too. By the way flying to any other countries might have bomb threats too since terrorist attacks is on the rise. :roll:

so everyone, he might be among us on the CX interview that day. :lol:

If you are so afraid, keep it to yourself and think twice if this is the cup of tea for you. If not i suggest u stop attacking chai ching, and if you fear so much i suggest u keep quiet than to post bombing news threat because no one will appreciate it as everyone know that this is their dream and here you are trying to dampen everyone's mood before the interview.

Like what the others said here, u need to brush up on your social skills. No point if you can speak good English, if you can't relate to others with the right words. :roll:
Last edited by catchmeifucan on Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-~-~Growing my wings! Grow faster! I wanna Fly High & be a High Flyer hehe~-~-

Chatter
Chatter

Postby 12345 » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 3:58 pm

Funky_Punk wrote:I am no drown ok? I also not liking to swimming one. aniway, I also just to try to helping mah.

I also dunno why you guys here lik to scold anyhow ppl one. Why say my english vey bad and below bad? I alreadi trying very hard to type properly ok? Lastly time I using to asking my fren to type for me one. She liking to say my english not good and then she saying ppl here more bad then me so she lik typing lik to teaching Chai Ching. She also don scold ppl, why scold her? Who is the bad ppl here? aniways I no let her using my com liao.

I applicated for the CX alreadi and I no get reply also too. My friesn say not good one but I jus maybe want to trying for it ma becos I lik to fly lik that. I go SIA so alot times but no pass. Airsia and Tiger also cannot pass lor. So I see CX maybe easy can pass but my friedn laughing me and say no good.

I am actually in same boat like Chai Ching. Still is waiting for the ppl to emailin me. Sorry for wjat my freind typing. My english not the good as also wat, that is why I askied her to typing for me at first. Can no more scold me anymore alreadi too? Me sad le, because lik wait long but no email lor. I now no more ask my friedn to type ok? :(

OMG... wats with u and this tactic of "bad english"??? Pls, dun come up with childish stories like ur fren is typing and wat not.

U r the one with the PES C grade during NS rite? U only applied once but u failed medical becoz of the grade rite? N wats with this applied many times with SIA and Silkair but couldnt get? I thought u said u r very sure u'll get thru all the rounds again becoz of the "tactics" u know? If i were to give u the benefit of doubt that the PES C thing was typed by ur fren...then it wouldnt be a "she" rite. How can a female join NS???

Ppl do read other threads u know. Now, type more and i'm sure ur english will get "BETTER"!

Camperboy, GOOD JOB!!! :D :D :lol: Let him taste his own medicine. Haha!!!

Funky_Punk

Postby Funky_Punk » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:03 pm

I say my frien help me type and not she type about her. I thinking you no know what I say..

Funky_Punk

Postby Funky_Punk » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:06 pm

Let's say your father die. If someone help you write an obituary for puting in the newspapers, does it meaning the person who write for you, his father die?

Funky_Punk

Postby Funky_Punk » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:10 pm

I know my english no good.. But what I say one is there is a tactic. Memory all the things for saying one and when asking by the interviewer, say it la. My frien write all for me one.

Then I preted to cough and sick lik that on interview day. Keep quiet, few words. Then they thinking you real sick mah, ask not many questions one then easyily to passing. This is good tips for you ppl.

Althog you preted sick but muz smile all the way one, then good.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:13 pm

Funky_Punk wrote:I know my english no good..

Then you should not criticise or insult others. :lol:

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby catchmeifucan » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:15 pm

Funky_Punk wrote:Thank you for yur meaning, camperboi.

I think if even no get invite from CX, I still also will going down lor. Maybe got some ppl no go there or maybe late or wat lik that then I can take their placing.

Maybe Chai Ching you can also lik go and see your lucky too? I am go to there at 25 April at the morning one.

:roll: scared of bomb still go.

everyone any idea what Funky is talking about, hes so afraid of bomb, then say we are Singaporean Blangadesh worker to be Working for CX, then now he say hes going for CX interview. Like wat i expected he will not give this a miss for sure. :lol:

Funky_Punk

Postby Funky_Punk » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:18 pm

I know Plate, I also no have scold ppl. My frien type one, then also she juz help me one too only.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:19 pm

catchmeifucan wrote:Funky:

I think if you are so afraid of bombs in Colombo you shouldn't even think of applying for any Flight Attendant job in the first place

A very good point; there are bombs and terrorists attactks that have and alas will take place elsewhere. We all know about 9/11 the Madrid bombings, 7, July bombings on the London Underground and attempted bombings in London shortly afterwars.

What many of you will not realize due to your age is; Britain has had terrorism on it's doorstep as far back as I can remember owing to its prescence in Northern Ireland. I am of course talking about the IRA - have a look at the BBC website and search you will find plenty of information there.

In short terrorism and attacks can happen anywhere, Colombo is just one place among many.

mz^d
Regular
Regular

Postby mz^d » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:23 pm

catchmeifucan wrote:
Funky_Punk wrote:Thank you for yur meaning, camperboi.

:roll: scared of bomb still go.

everyone any idea what Funky is talking about, hes so afraid of bomb, then say we are Singaporean Blangadesh worker to be Working for CX, then now he say hes going for CX interview. Like wat i expected he will not give this a miss for sure. :lol:

Well, he is hoping that his "bomb" theory will disuade someone (from this forum) to give this initial interview a miss so he can fill up the spot. Funky, just so you know, you can be sued for speculating that Cathay intends to hire singaporeans to fly to columbo only to protect their HK crew from any such disaster. No wait, let me say this in your language:

You can be suing from CX for saying that Cathay think singapoooreans are liek banglas to doing their shit work for them!! HTHs :D

catchmeifucan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby catchmeifucan » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:23 pm

camperboy wrote:Look what I found again!! :lol:

Maybe this will give hints of what to expect for the interviews...

http://www.hku.hk/cepc/NEW/stories/career/phyllis.html

What procedures did you go through for the Flight Attendant position at Cathay Pacific?

There are 3 rounds of selection procedures:

1. Individual Interview: I was asked to give a self-introduction, and the reason why I would apply for this job. It took about 5-8 minutes.

2. Group Interview with 6-8 people: we were given a scenario, e.g. an unexpected case on the flight. We needed to discuss on the topic and draw up the best solution.

3. Panel Interview: I was interviewed by 3 interviewers. The questions were more specific and focused on how I present myself to be suitable for being a Flight Attendant, and what was my prospect and expectation in developing my career. It took about 15-20 minutes.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: hohoho..not easy. :lol:

Chatter
Chatter

Postby 12345 » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:24 pm

Hello...i think it's u who didnt get my point. If ur fren is writing for u, so it means everything typed relates to ur scenario rite? So from wat ur fren typed for u, u didnt even mention that u tried for SIA and Silkair many many times. In fact, u were SO confident in getting thru all the rounds if u were to try again becoz of ur so-called "tactics". Hence, dun u think u r contradicting urself to the max when u said u've tried SIA MANY TIMES but couldn't get?

Plus, if ur level of proficiency in english is indeed wat is reflected in ur current postings, I seriously doubt u'll even make it thru SIA's first round but no, u even managed to pass management round! With this type of english...oh, give me a break! C'mon, we are not kids here.

Oh, and only a FOOL would need sumone to write obituaries for them. If u need that assistance, it's entirely ur problem. Pls dun use such nonsensical examples on others!!!

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:26 pm

mz^d wrote:

You can be suing from CX for saying that Cathay think singapoooreans are liek banglas to doing their shit work for them!! HTHs :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby camperboy » Wed, 18 Apr 2007 4:28 pm

catchmeifucan wrote:
:shock: :shock: :shock: hohoho..not easy. :lol:

but i like their 3 rounds only... :lol: :lol:

the little the better... :oops: :lol: