Singapore Expats Forum

CX is recruiting!

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
desijoey
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 209
Joined: Fri, 16 Jun 2006
Location: singapore

Postby desijoey » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 12:08 am

babypink wrote:Erm.. I know this sound really dumb but it's my first time applying for a job so I hope someone can roughly give me an idea how does a cover letter or CV goes. I did went to the bookshop to purchase some guides for Resumes and such but since it's my first job, i've got nothing to write under Experience, so should i just skip that entire portion?? And the examples shown in the book, in my opinion, isnt really suitable. And CX doesnt have an application form too.

Thanks. :oops:


Hi dear,

You can go online and search for resumes too.I got mine off the internet.Then you can just change the info accordingly.If you do not have any job experience,dun put that section in.Online resumes are aplenty so you can choose which format suits you the best.

Happy CV writing!:)

babypink
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu, 04 Jan 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby babypink » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 2:28 am

thanks for your help. :)

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 9:22 am

Hi, sorry. can i know the website pls? Thank you very much!
Appreciated that so much.

desijoey wrote:
babypink wrote:Erm.. I know this sound really dumb but it's my first time applying for a job so I hope someone can roughly give me an idea how does a cover letter or CV goes. I did went to the bookshop to purchase some guides for Resumes and such but since it's my first job, i've got nothing to write under Experience, so should i just skip that entire portion?? And the examples shown in the book, in my opinion, isnt really suitable. And CX doesnt have an application form too.

Thanks. :oops:


Hi dear,

You can go online and search for resumes too.I got mine off the internet.Then you can just change the info accordingly.If you do not have any job experience,dun put that section in.Online resumes are aplenty so you can choose which format suits you the best.

Happy CV writing!:)

User avatar
EsteeoO
Regular
Regular
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun, 11 Feb 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby EsteeoO » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:13 am

Hi,

i'm very interested in CX too, love their uniform, look very chinese style.
Currently waiting for uni replies, but still gonna try to send in application for the job. Hope its not disappointment again.

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:50 am

Hi what do you mean by hope its not disappointment again? is it
you mean that you have try for other airlines before? thats why
didnt get in. so you are hoping again to get it this time.




EsteeoO wrote:Hi,

i'm very interested in CX too, love their uniform, look very chinese style.
Currently waiting for uni replies, but still gonna try to send in application for the job. Hope its not disappointment again.

White_Belle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby White_Belle » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 11:40 am

For the details on a cover letter, do make it simple & straight forward.
Try to finish it off in 1 page.

Start off with an opening line " I am interested for the "xxxxx" (position applying for) as posted on "xxxxx" (where u get the recruiting information from)

-Do some basic introduction on yourself (Age/ Current Job/ Academic Qualification/ Past or Present job experiences -focus & elaborate more on your past or present customer service related job as now u're applying for service line, other beyond that, u may want to ignore it)

-Explain on why u decide to apply for this job, how this job benefits u & the company for long run, etc..

-Closing line

To impress the person who read on your letter, u must sound extremely sincere to the job (as we're not facing the interviewers, they are unable to feel or see how commited we are to this job, so u have to relate them to appropriate words in order to make them select u to the interview)

Lastly, i think that do not state down all your key points in the letter, so therefore to make the interviewers want to know u more, they will ring u for the interview, by then u're able to bring them up at the face to face interview.

namie8_13
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 20 Jun 2005

Postby namie8_13 » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 1:27 pm

Does CX employ Guys attendent?

chai ching
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 443
Joined: Mon, 06 Feb 2006
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby chai ching » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 2:03 pm

Hi,

White_Belle, thank you so much for sharing how to start with a cover letter. :lol:


White_Belle wrote:For the details on a cover letter, do make it simple & straight forward.
Try to finish it off in 1 page.

Start off with an opening line " I am interested for the "xxxxx" (position applying for) as posted on "xxxxx" (where u get the recruiting information from)

-Do some basic introduction on yourself (Age/ Current Job/ Academic Qualification/ Past or Present job experiences -focus & elaborate more on your past or present customer service related job as now u're applying for service line, other beyond that, u may want to ignore it)

-Explain on why u decide to apply for this job, how this job benefits u & the company for long run, etc..

-Closing line

To impress the person who read on your letter, u must sound extremely sincere to the job (as we're not facing the interviewers, they are unable to feel or see how commited we are to this job, so u have to relate them to appropriate words in order to make them select u to the interview)

Lastly, i think that do not state down all your key points in the letter, so therefore to make the interviewers want to know u more, they will ring u for the interview, by then u're able to bring them up at the face to face interview.

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Paige » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 3:20 pm

babypink wrote:Erm.. I know this sounds really dumb but it's my first time applying for a job so I hope someone can roughly give me an idea how does a cover letter or CV goes. I did went to the bookshop to purchase some guides for Resumes and such but since it's my first job, i've got nothing to write under Experience, so should i just skip that entire portion?? And the examples shown in the book, in my opinion, isnt really suitable. And CX doesnt have an application form too.

Thanks. :oops:


Hi Babypink,

You can try looking into this website.... http://www.resume-service.com/free_sample_resumes.htm
they provide quite useful information.

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006

Postby camperboy » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 3:25 pm

namie8_13 wrote:Does CX employ Guys attendent?


Yeah. Is this for both male and female? :D

And do they prefer "oriental" racial backgrounds?

Or other ethnic races can apply?

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006

Postby camperboy » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 3:40 pm

Got this from their website...

Flight Attendant (Singapore Base)


Join the team that has made Hong Kong’s own airline an international leader in the aviation business. We need talented and committed people who can apply their own special skills to help keep us flying high. Perhaps, you are one of the multi-talented people we need to provide passengers with our excellent level of safety, comfort and service. We’re looking for individuals with a warm, caring and pleasant personality who can demonstrate empathy in service with people from a variety of cultures and countries. If you are service-oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, this could be the job for you.

Our intensive and multi-faceted training program covers the technical and safety aspects of flying. The experiential training will enhance your interpersonal skills and help you to grow as a person. You’ll make long-lasting friendships on your way to becoming an important member of our team.

Requirements

To become a Singapore-based Cathay Pacific Airways Flight Attendant:

* You must have the right to live and work in Singapore.
* You must be educated to GCE O-Level with a pass in English.
* Proficiency in reading and speaking English and another Asian language is a must.
* You must also be able to pass a medical assessment and meet a minimum arm reach of 208cm.
* Previous experience in service industry is preferable but not a necessity.

To Apply

To apply, please send your resume to SINBase@cathaypacific.com

The closing date for applications is 16-Apr-2007.

Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy. Candidates not notified within 8 weeks can consider their application unsuccessful and all related information will be kept on our files for 24 months.



I suppose both genders may apply and any ethnic race... :D

White_Belle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby White_Belle » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 4:10 pm

Chai ching, u're most welcome!! This is little thing which i can help.. :)

chai ching wrote:Hi,

White_Belle, thank you so much for sharing how to start with a cover letter. :lol:

White_Belle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby White_Belle » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 4:16 pm

I suppose both gender can apply. Because they never differentiate as "stewardess" or "steward".

To me, my perception of Flight attendant does refer to male & female attendant.

Well, anyway, no harm sending in.. :)

camperboy wrote:
namie8_13 wrote:Does CX employ Guys attendent?


Yeah. Is this for both male and female? :D

And do they prefer "oriental" racial backgrounds?

Or other ethnic races can apply?

White_Belle
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006
Location: Singapore

Postby White_Belle » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 4:22 pm

I find it weird, how come there's no information on the flight schedule as i recalled back, someone here posted that Singapore's CX crew only flies thru Singapore > Hongkong > Colombo?

camperboy wrote:Got this from their website...

Flight Attendant (Singapore Base)


Join the team that has made Hong Kong’s own airline an international leader in the aviation business. We need talented and committed people who can apply their own special skills to help keep us flying high. Perhaps, you are one of the multi-talented people we need to provide passengers with our excellent level of safety, comfort and service. We’re looking for individuals with a warm, caring and pleasant personality who can demonstrate empathy in service with people from a variety of cultures and countries. If you are service-oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, this could be the job for you.

Our intensive and multi-faceted training program covers the technical and safety aspects of flying. The experiential training will enhance your interpersonal skills and help you to grow as a person. You’ll make long-lasting friendships on your way to becoming an important member of our team.

Requirements

To become a Singapore-based Cathay Pacific Airways Flight Attendant:

* You must have the right to live and work in Singapore.
* You must be educated to GCE O-Level with a pass in English.
* Proficiency in reading and speaking English and another Asian language is a must.
* You must also be able to pass a medical assessment and meet a minimum arm reach of 208cm.
* Previous experience in service industry is preferable but not a necessity.

To Apply

To apply, please send your resume to SINBase@cathaypacific.com

The closing date for applications is 16-Apr-2007.

Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy. Candidates not notified within 8 weeks can consider their application unsuccessful and all related information will be kept on our files for 24 months.



I suppose both genders may apply and any ethnic race... :D

camperboy
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed, 27 Dec 2006

Postby camperboy » Tue, 03 Apr 2007 4:27 pm

Btw.. this colombo means in Sri Lanka right? hehe

White_Belle wrote:I find it weird, how come there's no information on the flight schedule as i recalled back, someone here posted that Singapore's CX crew only flies thru Singapore > Hongkong > Colombo?

camperboy wrote:Got this from their website...

Flight Attendant (Singapore Base)


Join the team that has made Hong Kong’s own airline an international leader in the aviation business. We need talented and committed people who can apply their own special skills to help keep us flying high. Perhaps, you are one of the multi-talented people we need to provide passengers with our excellent level of safety, comfort and service. We’re looking for individuals with a warm, caring and pleasant personality who can demonstrate empathy in service with people from a variety of cultures and countries. If you are service-oriented with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, this could be the job for you.

Our intensive and multi-faceted training program covers the technical and safety aspects of flying. The experiential training will enhance your interpersonal skills and help you to grow as a person. You’ll make long-lasting friendships on your way to becoming an important member of our team.

Requirements

To become a Singapore-based Cathay Pacific Airways Flight Attendant:

* You must have the right to live and work in Singapore.
* You must be educated to GCE O-Level with a pass in English.
* Proficiency in reading and speaking English and another Asian language is a must.
* You must also be able to pass a medical assessment and meet a minimum arm reach of 208cm.
* Previous experience in service industry is preferable but not a necessity.

To Apply

To apply, please send your resume to SINBase@cathaypacific.com

The closing date for applications is 16-Apr-2007.

Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy. Candidates not notified within 8 weeks can consider their application unsuccessful and all related information will be kept on our files for 24 months.



I suppose both genders may apply and any ethnic race... :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest