Rock Concerts in Singapore

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Post Reply
doubl3a
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 1:29 pm

Post by doubl3a » Wed, 17 Oct 2007 8:17 pm

Pick the setlist for Megadeth Singapore show at pickRset!

http://www.pickrset.com/bands/megadeth/20071026

doubl3a
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 1:29 pm

Post by doubl3a » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 4:59 pm

Anyone going to America concert tmr night?

zflor

Check this out!

Post by zflor » Thu, 06 Dec 2007 8:03 pm

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=6 ... &ref=share

it's an indie rock gig with lots of good Singapore bands. It's really worth checking it out!

User avatar
muratkorman
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 9:41 pm
Location: Clementi

DT next Thursday

Post by muratkorman » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 4:22 pm

Hi rockers,

DT concert is very close and I got my ticket today. I see that concert will start at 8 pm. At what time do you suggest me to be at the gates? This will be my first concert in SG and I don't know how things work here. The other question is about cameras. It writes in Sistic website no photography, video recording allowed. Do they check your body before letting you in? Until now I brought my camera to any concert I have been. I suppose this warning is for professional cameras. Anyway all the mobile phones have cameras now. Just wanted to check with experienced rockers in SG concerts. Another point is if you still haven't purchased your ticket, you can say that you are a Power 98 listener and they make %10 discount on the ticket. I don't know how to prove it though :)
With my kind regards

Murat Korman

chaosphere
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 9:37 pm

Re: DT next Thursday

Post by chaosphere » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 4:30 pm

Did you buy with discount? I hear they're pretty strict with professional cameras but camera phones...they can't do much.

Are you getting the VIP package? Meet & greet with the band!
muratkorman wrote:Hi rockers,

DT concert is very close and I got my ticket today. I see that concert will start at 8 pm. At what time do you suggest me to be at the gates? This will be my first concert in SG and I don't know how things work here. The other question is about cameras. It writes in Sistic website no photography, video recording allowed. Do they check your body before letting you in? Until now I brought my camera to any concert I have been. I suppose this warning is for professional cameras. Anyway all the mobile phones have cameras now. Just wanted to check with experienced rockers in SG concerts. Another point is if you still haven't purchased your ticket, you can say that you are a Power 98 listener and they make %10 discount on the ticket. I don't know how to prove it though :)

User avatar
muratkorman
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 9:41 pm
Location: Clementi

Post by muratkorman » Tue, 08 Jan 2008 5:13 pm

Yes I got it with discount and it cost me 87.5 SGD with sistic fee included. I don't know if they will ask anything in the entrance again about the discount. I haven't taken the meet and greet package as it is too expensive for me, but it is a good package anyway.
With my kind regards

Murat Korman

audiojunky
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 5:43 am

Post by audiojunky » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 2:42 pm

muratkorman wrote:Yes I got it with discount and it cost me 87.5 SGD with sistic fee included. I don't know if they will ask anything in the entrance again about the discount. I haven't taken the meet and greet package as it is too expensive for me, but it is a good package anyway.
Murat - how did you get the discount?

I got tickets as well - how about meeting up prior to the concert somewhere near the venue??!!

User avatar
muratkorman
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 9:41 pm
Location: Clementi

Post by muratkorman » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 3:10 pm

The lady in Sistic agent gave me that discount as it was written somewhere %10 discount for Power 98 listeners. I guess it will work for anyone who will purchase the tickets these days.

Of course we can meet somewhere near the venue and we can watch the concert together. It will be my first concert in Fort Canning so I leave the meeting point and time to you. I will come directly after work to the concert.

Do you think I can get my camera (a common HP, not professional) into the venue or not? Have you got any experience with that? If not, I can still take some videos from my PDA anyway.

We fix time and place soon.
With my kind regards

Murat Korman

skimilk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 6:19 pm

Post by skimilk » Wed, 09 Jan 2008 8:50 pm

I've seen quite a few concerts here and from experience, they're not really strict with cameras at all. I haven't seen anyone attempt to take images using telephoto lenses or anything of that sort but regular digital cameras and phones are allowed. :D

What isn't allowed however is getting off your seat in events where there is a seating arrangement. Of course you may stand up and dance in place but must never trail more than a feet away from your seat or the overzealous ushers would tell you to go back and stay there. o.O

User avatar
muratkorman
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 9:41 pm
Location: Clementi

Post by muratkorman » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:12 am

Give the password "Systematic Chaos" and enjoy %10 dicount on DT tickets. It is written on Today newspaper. I guess ticket sales are not going so well. Perhaps the concert won't be so crowded.
With my kind regards

Murat Korman

audiojunky
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 5:43 am

Post by audiojunky » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:04 am

muratkorman wrote:Give the password "Systematic Chaos" and enjoy %10 dicount on DT tickets. It is written on Today newspaper. I guess ticket sales are not going so well. Perhaps the concert won't be so crowded.
Too bad I missed out on the 10% discount. Oh well, atleast I get to see DT!!

Sent you PM with cell phone number. Let's meet up before the concert.

Yeah, hope it's not too crowded :-)

skimilk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 6:19 pm

Post by skimilk » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 1:11 pm

believe me, concerts in singapore are never crowded, which is not exactly a good thing if you ask me...o.O i mean performers are more pumped up if the crowd is amped but moshing will land you in jail here...lol...so yeah, tough.

chaosphere
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 9:37 pm

Post by chaosphere » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 3:36 pm

huh? go to jail for moshing? :shock: :???: :shock: thats new!

There was crazy ass moshing at Sick Of It All, FFAF. Even Lime Sonic Bang had moshing!

skimilk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 88
Joined: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 6:19 pm

Post by skimilk » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 6:03 pm

moshing at FFAF? lol...and yeah, most of the rock concerts I went to, the crowd just basically stood there as if waiting for some alien civilization to zap them up a space ship. o.O

chaosphere
Regular
Regular
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 9:37 pm

Post by chaosphere » Thu, 10 Jan 2008 6:59 pm

lol you went to the wrong gigs then....which gigs you talking about? My Chemical Romance had happening moshing and body surfing too :D

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Entertainment, Leisure & Sports”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests